Carrie Coon is an American actress who is well known for her role as grieving mother Nora Durst in the HBO drama series, “The Leftovers”(2014–2017). She also got recognition for her role as Gloria Burgle in the third season of the FX anthology series, “Fargo”(2017). For her performance in the 2012 revival of “Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf?”, she even earned a Tony Award nomination.
She is also known for her role in the heist thriller, “Widows”(2018), the superhero film, “Avengers: Infinity War”(2018), and the drama-thriller, “The Nest”(2020). With her up growing popularity, she has managed to amass a healthy fan following on her social media sites; on Instagram: @carriecoon with over 54k followers, and also on Twitter: @carriecoon with over 44k followers.
What is Carrie Coon Famous for?
- Famous for her role as Nora Durst in the HBO drama series, “The Leftovers”.
Where is Carrie Coon From?
Carrie Coon was born on January 24, 1981, in Copley, Ohio, United States. Her birth name is Carrie Alexandra Coon. Her nationality is American. Coon belongs to mixed ethnicity and is of German, English, French, and Slovak-Hungarian descent while Aquarius is her zodiac sign.
Born as one of the five children to her parents; John Coon(father) and Paula Ploenes(mother), Carrie grew up alongside her 4 siblings; an older sister, an older brother, and two younger brothers in their hometown where she attended the Copley High School, graduating in 1999.
Following graduation, she attended the University of Mount Union, graduating in 2003 with a B.A. in English and Spanish. Interested in acting since a young age, Carrie decided to pursue a career in acting subsequently, earning an M.F.A. in acting from the University of Wisconsin–Madison.
Soon after she got recruited by the Madison Repertory Theatre after then joined the American Players Theatre remaining there for 4 seasons.
Carrie Coon’s Acting Career Highlights
- Carrie Coon started her career making her professional stage debut in a production of “Our Town”.
- She then got relocated to Chicago making her Chicago debut with a production of “Brontë” at Remy Bumppo Theatre Company in 2008.
- After years, she got her breakthrough when she was cast as Honey in the Steppenwolf Theatre Company production of Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf? in 2012. Her performance earned her much recognition even winning a Theatre World Award.
- She made her screen debut in an episode of the short-lived NBC series, “The Playboy Club” in 2011.
- She got her biggest breakthrough when she was cast as one of the main characters as Nora Durst in the HBO drama series, “The Leftovers” in 2014. She remained in the show for 3 years till 2017.
- In 2014, she made her film debut playing the role of Margo “Go” Dunne in “Gone Girl”.
- In 2015, she starred in the lead role of the Off-Broadway production of Placebo at Playwrights Horizons.
- She then appeared in the drama film, “Strange Weather” in 2016.
- She landed with the lead role of Gloria Burgle in the third season of the FX anthology series, “Fargo”.
- In 2017, she played real-life journalist Meg Greenfield in the historical drama film, “The Post”.
- In 2018, she co-starred in the Steve McQueen heist thriller film, “Widows”.
- She also provided the voice and motion capture for Proxima Midnight(child of Thanos) in the hit action film, “Avengers: Infinity War”(2018).
- On April 30, 2020, she joined the cast of the HBO drama series, “The Gilded Age” as Bertha Russell. The same year, she played the role of Allison O’Hara in the thriller film, “The Nest”.
- She will be appearing as Callie in the upcoming supernatural film, “Ghostbusters: Afterlife”.
Carrie Coon’s Relationship
Carrie Coon is a married woman and has been married just once to date to her only husband, Tracy Letts. Letts is an American actor, playwright, and screenwriter who is well known for his portrayal of Andrew Lockhart in seasons 3 and 4 of Showtime’s “Homeland”.
He is also the recipient of the Pulitzer Prize for Drama and the Tony Award for Best Play for his production, “August: Osage County”(2007). The couple met while they were on the set of Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf? and began dating shortly after. After dating for months, they got married in September 2013. They have been together for over 7 years now and even shares their son, Haskell together.
Carrie Coon’s Net Worth
Carrie Coon has quite good earnings from her professional career as an actress. Having her career started with her role in stage work, “Our Town”, Coon has managed to come a long way up becoming one of the popular TV actresses in her decade-long career. Her source of income is surely her role in movies and series. She has a net worth estimated at around $5.5 million.
Carrie Coon’s Height
Carrie Coon is a gorgeous lady with a well-maintained body physique in her 30s. She stands tall with a height of 5ft. 5inch.(1.65m) while her body weighs around 55kg(121 lbs). She has her own bold personality which can be certain through her body features which have a measurement of 33-25-32 inches. She has a fair complexion skin with brown hair and blue eyes.