A former American football running back is named for Chris Johnson. He was drafted by the Tennessee Titans in the first round of the 2008 NFL Draft, after running a then-record breaking 4.24 seconds in the 40-yard dash at the NFL Combine. In 2009, he won the NFL rushing title with 2,006 yards (the sixth of only seven players ever to gain over 2,000 in a season), and broke Marshall Faulk’s record of total yards from scrimmage with 2,509 which earned him the nickname CJ2K. On 5th November 2018, he announced his retirement from the NFL after 10 seasons in the league. On 24th April 2019, he signed a one-day contract to retire as a member of the Tennessee Titans. Overall, he is a very talented football running back.
Chris Johnson accused in murder-for-hire shootings
Former NFL running back Chris Johnson is accused of paying a suspected gang member for allegedly killing two men who shot him and killed his friend in 2015, according to court documents obtained by TMZ Sports. Johnson, 34, has not been charged with a crime but prosecutors believe he paid a “noted Florida gang member” named Dominic Bolden to kill the suspected gunmen in a March 2015 drive-by shooting in Orlando. Johnson, a three-time Pro Bowler who last played in 2017 for Arizona, was shot in the shoulder during the Orlando shooting but made a full recovery. The driver of Johnson’s Jeep, Dreekius Oricko Johnson, died after being shot in the head. Police at the time said Johnson was “uncooperative” and investigators suspected the vehicle had been targeted. After Johnson was shot, Bolden allegedly gunned down the suspected Orlando shooters in two separate incidents in January and July 2016. In return for the alleged actions, Johnson helped Bolden lead a drug trafficking organization and provided him “funds and an individual” who could supply him with narcotics for the drug trafficking organization, an informant told authorities. The alleged “murder for hire” scheme boosted Bolden’s rank and rep within the drug trafficking organization, ultimately making him its “de facto leader,” the informant said.
- Being an American football running back.
- Being the NFL’s Offensive Player of the Year in 2009.
What is the birthplace of Chris Johnson?
On 23rd September 1985, Chris Johnson was born in Orlando, Florida, the USA (his birthplace). His real name is Christopher Duan Johnson. His nationality is American and his ethnicity is Mixed. As of 2019, he celebrated his 34th birthday. He attended Olympia High School and later went to East Carolina College. He played football at Olympia High School in Orlando. He was considered only a two-star recruit by Rivals.com and he was not ranked among the nation’s top running back prospects in 2004. He selected East Carolina over Eastern Kentucky and UConn. He was also a standout track star at Olympia High School. He finished second in the 100 meters at the 2004 Florida 4A state championships behind Walter Dix in his senior year. He finished his senior season posting personal bests of 10.38 and 21.28 (the nation’s 24th fastest in 2004) in the 100 meters and 200 meters respectively. He finished the 2004 season on the Conference USA All-Freshman squad as a running back. He finished the season with 561 yards rushing and 765 yards on kick returns for 1,562 all-purpose yards, all team-highs. He started all 11 games at tailback in his sophomore season. He is Christian by religion. There is no information regarding his family/parents, siblings and more but it will be added once we get information about it.
How was Chris Johnson’s Football Career?
- Chris Johnson was drafted by the Tennessee Titans in the first round (24th overall) of the 2008 NFL Draft and he was the highest East Carolina player selected in the NFL Draft since linebacker Robert Jones went 24th overall in the 1992 NFL Draft.
- On 26th July, he signed a five-year, $12 million contract with $7 million guaranteed.
- He had his professional debut with the Titans on 7th September 2008 where he played in the season opener against the Jacksonville Jaguars, which the Titans won 17-10.
- He finished the season with 1,228 yards on 251 carries for a 4.9 ypc and 43 receptions for 260 yards and 10 total touchdowns in 15 games.
- He started the 2009 season off with 57 rushing yards in a 13-10 loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers.
- After his 2009 season, he was named to his second Pro Bowl and the media referred to him as “CJ2K”.
- On 14th January 2011, he was selected to the 2011 Pro Bowl, his third in three years.
- On 1st September, he became the highest-paid running back in the NFL, agreeing to a four-year, $53.5 million contract extension through to the 2016 season, including $30 million guaranteed, with the Titans, ending his holdout.
- He with 1,047 rushing yards and four rushing touchdowns in his 2011 season.
- He struggled during his first two games of the 2012 season gaining just 21 yards on a total of 19 rushing attempts, highlighted by an 11 carry, 4-yard effort against the New England Patriots.
- On Thursday Night Football, he ran for 91 yards on 19 carries against the Pittsburgh Steelers in a 26-23 victory.
- He followed that up with a great game against the Buffalo Bills in which he ran for 195 yards and 2 touchdowns on only 18 carries.
- Overall, he finished the 2012 season with 1,243 rushing yards and six rushing touchdowns.
- He started the 2013 season with 25 carries for 70 yards in a 16-9 victory over the Pittsburgh Steelers.
- In the regular-season finale against the Houston Texans, he had 127 rushing yards and a rushing touchdown in the 16-10 victory.
- On 4th April 2014, the Titans released him and he agreed to a three-year contract worth $9 million per year with the New York Jets on 16th April 2014.
- He finished the 2014 season with 153 carries for a career-low 663 yards and one touchdown.
- The Jets declined the second year of Johnson’s contract on 15th February 2015 making him a free agent in the 2015 offseason.
- He agreed to a one-year, $2.56 million contract with the Arizona Cardinals on 17th August 2015.
- On 29th November 2015, he suffered a fractured tibia during the Week 12 matchup against the San Francisco 49ers.
- He finished the 2015 regular season with 196 carries for 814 yards and three touchdowns, along with being named a Pro Bowl alternate.
- He re-signed with the Cardinals on a one-year, $3 million contract on 17th March 2016.
- He finished the season with 95 rushing yards and a rushing touchdown.
- On 20th July 2017, the Cardinals re-signed him on a one-year contract.
- He was released on September 1, 2017.
- On 12th September 2017, he re-signed with the Arizona Cardinals.
- He had played in four games in the 2017 season and had 114 rushing yards.
- On 5th November 2018, he announced his retirement from the NFL after 10 seasons in the league.
- He signed a one-day contract to retire as a member of the Tennessee Titans on 24th April 2019.
Who is Chris Johnson Dating?
Chris Johnson’s marital status is unknown as there is no detailed information available in the wiki as well as in the other sites neither he himself has revealed his marital status. As of now, he is assumed to be single as there are no rumors about his dating anyone. He is Straight by sexual orientation. As of now, he seems to be focusing on his career rather than spending his time in a relationship.
He was shot in the shoulder during a drive-by in Orlando, Florida in which the driver of the vehicle, Dreekius Oricko Johnson, was killed in the early morning of March 8, 2015. Reggie Johnson, who also was in the car, sustained injuries to the shoulder, leg, and hand. On 12th June 2018, it was revealed per TMZ that he had allegedly attacked and choked a business valet in Tampa, Florida, dating back to April of the same year.
What is the Net Worth of Chris Johnson?
Chris Johnson is a former American football running back. As of 2020, he has a net worth of $33 Million. In 2012, he received an annual salary amounting to $8 million. After spending four seasons with the Pirates, he was selected by the Tennessee Titans as a first-round (24th overall) pick of the 2008 NFL Draft. He was considered as the highest player from the East Carolina University to have been selected into the NFL since the 1992 NFL Draft 24th overall pick Robert Jones. On July 26 of the same year, he was signed by the Titans to a five-year contract worth $12 million, with a guaranteed compensation of $7 million. In 2009, he was selected to play in the Pro Bowl. On September 1, 2011, he was again signed by the Titans to a four-year extension contract worth $53.5 million, with guaranteed compensation of $30 million. This made him the highest-paid running back in the league. His present salary is under review and will be added soon.
How tall is Chris Johnson?
Chris Johnson is a very handsome person with a charming personality attracting a lot of people towards him. With an athletic body build, he stands tall. He has got a tall height of 5 ft 11 in or 1.80 m with a bodyweight of 203 lb or 92 Kg. His other body measurements have not been revealed by any sources yet but it will be added soon once we get information about it.