Cris Carter is a retired American football player and now a well known NFL analyst. He was named to the NFL 1990s All-Decade Team. He was one of fifteen finalists for the Pro Football Hall of Fame class of 2008 but was not elected in a surprise to some commentators. Professionally, he played for the Montreal Alouettes, a Canadian Football League (CFL) team, in 2013-2014 and 2016, spending 2015 on the practice squad of the Indianapolis Colts of the NFL. In Montreal, Duron was described as being a terrible teammate among the players on the Alouettes team. Let’s know more about the player through this article.
Where is Cris Carter born?
Recalling his early life, Сrіѕ Саrtеr wаѕ bоrn іn Тrоу, Оhіо. He is American by nationality and belongs to Afro-American ethnicity. His birth name is Gradual Christopher, Darin Carter. The information about his parents is yet to be disclosed. He has five siblings.
Regarding his education, Не аttеndеd Неуwооd Еlеmеntаrу Ѕсhооl іn Тrоу. Аftеr thаt, hе соmрlеtеd hіѕ ѕесоndаrу еduсаtіоn frоm Міddlеtоwn Ніgh Ѕсhооl whеrе hе рlауеd fооtbаll. He then joined Ohio State College for further studies.
When did Cris Carter begin to play football?
- Moving towards his career, Carter used to play both football and basketball at Ohio State but later decided to focus on football after making an immediate impact in his freshman year.
- The 4th round pick by the Philadelphia Eagles in the 1987 supplemental draft, Carter showed limited action during his rookie season catching just 5 passes for 84 yards and 2 touchdowns.
- Though he was released out of the club after getting caught of alcohol and drug abuse, including large amounts of ecstasy, cocaine, and marijuana, he recovered it and credits his former coach for helping him turn his life around as a result.
- The Minnesota Vikings later claimed the troubled wide receiver off waivers on September 4, 1990, and his career in the club seemed improving as he is now known best for his career in Minnesota Vikings.
- Despite losing his senior year, Carter left Ohio State holding the school record for receptions (168). In 2000, he was selected as a member of the Ohio State Football All-Century Team. In 2003, he was inducted into the Ohio State Varsity O Hall of Fame.
- At the time of his retirement, Carter’s 1,101 career receptions and 130 touchdowns as a receiver placed him second in NFL history behind Jerry Rice, although his totals have since been surpassed by Marvin Harrison and by Randy Moss and Terrell Owens. He is one of 14 players in NFL history with 1,000 or more receptions.
- On February 2, 2013, Carter was announced as an inductee into the Hall of Fame Class of 2013 which means a dream come true for every athlete. He is recently working as a coach.
- He was chosen to be a coach for a team in the 2015 Pro Bowl, along with former Dallas Cowboys wide receiver Michael Irvin.
- In December 2016, He was hired by Fox Sports as a football analyst. In May 2017, his role was expanded as it was announced that he would co-host a morning show, First Things First, on Fox Sports 1 with radio personality Nick Wright and moderator Jenna Wolfe. The show premiered on September 5, 2017. His tenure ended in November 2019 following a suspension.
Who is Cris Carter married to?
Reflecting on his personal life, Cris Carter is a married man. He was married to Susanna Baumann in 2018. Together, he and his wife produced two children. They are Montreal Carter and Duron Carter. As of now, The duo was enjoying their life happily with their children.
What is the net worth of Cris Carter?
As a footballer, Carter earns a decent amount of money and fame in the field of the sports industry. His estimated net worth is said to be $25 million including all his properties, cars and house. The sum of his salary for the entire career is $ 92,763,895.
Talking on his endorsements, he is currently linked with one of the world’s best band Nike. His only present source of income is from his coaching, he too earned some massive amounts of money working as a host and analyst for ESPN and Yahoo Sports. He is reported to receive $1.5 million annually as his coaching salary.
How tall is Cris Carter?
Observing his body statistics, Carter stands a height of 6 feet 3 inches and weighs around 94 Kg. He has a pair of brown eyes and black hair color. His other body information is yet to be disclosed. In the case of disclosed, we will let you know.