Harry Brook is an English professional cricketer. He plays international cricket for England and domestic cricket for Yorkshire County Cricket Club. In franchise-based T20 leagues, he has turned out for Hobart Hurricanes (2021-22) in the BBL (Big Bash League) and Lahore Qalandars (2022) in the PSL (Pakistan Super League). He has also played for Northern Superchargers (2021-Present) in The Hundred. He made his first-class debut for Yorkshire County Cricket Club in June 2016, in a match against Pakistan A, while he was still in high school.
Harry made his County Championship (the premier domestic first-class cricket competition in England) debut for the club in June 2017. Primarily a right-handed batsman, he also bowls right-arm medium pace. He was appointed the captain of the English squad for the 2018 edition of the Under-19 ICC Cricket World Cup. He made his international debut for England in January 2022. His jersey number is 88 – T20 International (T20I), Yorkshire County Cricket Club (English Domestic Cricket), Lahore Qalandars (PSL), and Northern Superchargers (The Hundred).
What is Harry Brook Famous For?
- Harry Brook is an international cricketer from England.
- Harry is famous for playing county cricket for the Yorkshire team since 2016 and Twenty20 international cricket for the England team since January 2022.
- He is famed for his domestic, international, and BBL franchise cricket performances.
Where is Harry Brook From?
Harry Brook took birth on 22nd February 1999 which makes him the present age of 23 as of 2022. He is from Airedale, West Yorkshire, England but he spent his early life in Burley in Wharfedale. His birth name is Harry Cherrington Brook. He holds British nationality and his ethnicity is British-White. His family was active in club cricket. He is the son of his father, David Brook, and his mother whose name is still to get disclosed yet.
About his education, he went to Ilkley Grammar School, a comprehensive school in Ilkley, West Yorkshire. At age 14, he left after he was offered a scholarship at Sedbergh School, an independent boarding school in Cumbria.
How was the cricket career of Harry Brook?
- Harry Brook, on 26th June 2016, made his first-class debut for Yorkshire against Pakistan A at Headingley. On June 19, 2017, Harry made his County Championship debut for Yorkshire against Middlesex at Lord’s.
- Next on, he toured India in early 2017 with the England under-19s, playing in two U-19 Tests and five U-19 LOIs against the India under-19s. On 5 July 2018, Brook made his Twenty20 debut for Yorkshire in the 2018 t20 Blast. Then, he was signed by Northern Superchargers for The Hundred 2021 tournament.
- Brook was later signed by Lahore Qalandars in 2022. He then played against Islamabad United. It was his maiden t20 ton and he became the youngest-ever centurion in Pakistan Super League.
- Again, Brook was bought by the Northern Superchargers for the 2022 season of The Hundred in April 2022. In South Africa’s new SA20 competition, he will play for the Johannesburg Super Kings (JSK), who paid R2.3 million for his services.
Harry Brook International Career
- In August 2017, the British cricketer captained the England under-19 cricket team in a five-match youth ODI series against India. Then, he was named the captain of England’s squad for the 2018 Under-19 Cricket World Cup in December 2017.
- Scoring 102 not out against Bangladesh in England’s second group mixture, Harry became the second England captain after Alastair Cook to score a century in the U19 World Cup.
- The International Cricket Council (ICC) named him as the rising star of the squad. Moreover, he was the leading run-scorer for England in the tournament, with 239 runs.
- Brook was named in England’s T20I squad for the series against West Indies in January 2022. He made his T20I debut on 26 January 2022, for England against the West Indies.
- He was named in England’s Test squad for their home series against New Zealand in May 2022. Likewise, he was named in England’s One Day International (ODI) squad for their home series against India in July 2022.
- Brook was named in England’s Test squad for their series against South Africa and made his Test debut on 8 September 2022, for England against South Africa.
- He was named in England’s squad for the 2022 Men’s T20 world cup and then went on to win the tournament in September 2022. Moreover, he was included in the Test and T20I squads of the English cricket team in Pakistan in 2022–23.
- He top scored in both innings in Rawalpindi, notching up his first Test century of 153 runs in the first innings and 87 in the second, helping to set up England for their win on the final day.
How much is Harry Brook’s Net Worth?
Harry Brook is a cricketer by profession who has an estimated net worth of $1 million as of 2022. He is making his annual salary in thousands of dollars. His main source of wealth comes from his cricket career. He has been sponsored by Gray-Nicolls (English cricket equipment and clothing brand), Sovereign Wealth-Ian Chaplin (British wealth management and financial planning organization), and Coin Bureau (cryptocurrency information portal). He is living a cool lifestyle from his career earnings.
Who is Harry Brook’s Girlfriend?
Harry Brook is an unmarried man but he is currently in a relationship. He is dating his beautiful girlfriend, Lucy Lyles. The duo has been dating for about two years since she was first seen on his Instagram account in 2020. The couple is enjoying their present life a lot and they are planning to get engaged soon. There are no details regarding his past affairs and relationship. His sexual orientation is straight.
How tall is Harry Brook?
Harry Brook stands at the height of 5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm and his body weight consist of 73 kg or 161 lbs. He has Dark Brown hair color with a pair of Blue eyes. He has short-cropped hair with a toned physique. He has an affable smile. Being a cricketer, he has an athletic body type. He has got a healthy body and he maintains his body a lot.
Leave a Reply