Jacqui Abbott is an English singer. She is one of the halves of the musical duo “Heaton and Abbott” who has been active since 2011. She is a former member of the English band “The Beautiful South” from 1994 to 2000. She was called by “The Beautiful South” founding member Paul Heaton in 1994 to replace the band’ previous guest vocalist Briana Corrigan.
Before her connection with “The Beautiful South”, she was working at the St Helens supermarket as a saleswoman. During one of her performances in the local pub, Heaton got impressed by her vocal and she was brought on board to fill in as the new third lead vocalist for the band. Heaton referred to her as “the lass from the glass”—a reference to the Pilkington factory in St Helens.
Where is Jacqui Abbott from?
Jacqui Abbott was born on 10th November 1973 in St Helens, Lancashire, England. Her birth name is Jacqueline Abbott. She holds an English nationality and belongs to the white ethnicity. Her star sign is Scorpio. She is a follower of Christianity.
Abbott was born into a middle-class family. His father’s and mother’s identity is not revealed yet. However, they are both natives of England. With his siblings, little Abbott grew up getting great love and care from her parents. Abbott was interested in singing since her childhood.
Jacqui Abbott career (English Singer)
- Jacqui Abbott began her music journey professionally in 1994 after being cast as the guest vocalist of the English pop-rock group “The Beautiful South” by the band’s founding member Paul Heaton.
- Abbott’s first album with the band was “Miaow” released in February 1994. Hits included “Good as Gold (Stupid as Mud)” and a cover of Fred Neil’s “Everybody’s Talkin'”, previously popularised by Harry Nilsson.
- In 1996, the band’s fifth studio album and her third (as a member of the group), Blue Is the Colour” was released which sold over a million copies.
- The album Quench (1998) was released with similar commercial success
- Although the 2000’s Painting It Red album reached Number 2 in the UK charts, the band suffered difficulties in its promotion and in touring.
- Jacqui Abbott left the band in the same year, discouraged by the pressures of touring and needing to concentrate on looking after her son, who had just been diagnosed with autism.
- Abbott reunited with Paul Heaton in June 2011 to perform in his musical The 8th.
- In 2013 they recorded a new album “What Have We Become?” released on 19 May 2014.
- The duo’s second album “Wisdom, Laughter, and Lines” was released on 23rd October 2015 by Virgin EMI.
- Abbott embarked on a tour with Heaton in 2016.
- Their third album, Crooked Calypso, was released in July 2017.
- In 2020, Heaton and Abbott again collaborated on Manchester Calling, their first UK number-one album.
- The duo’s fifth studio album was released on 7 October 2022 by EMI Records.
Is Paul Heaton married to Jacqui Abbott?
Jacqui Abbott is a married lady. Many reports claim that Paul Heaton is the husband of Jacqui Abbott. However, there is no truth to those rumors. Paul married Linda in 2016. In fact, the thing is that she hasn’t revealed the identity of her husband. With her anonymous husband, she shares a son named Matthew whom she loves unconditionally. Despite the heavy touring and busy schedules, Abbott wished to concentrate on looking after her son, who had just been diagnosed with autism. She has a straight sexual orientation.
What is the net worth of Jacqui Abbott?
As of December 2022, the net worth of Jacqui Abbott is estimated to be US $1.5 million. Her primary income source is her singing career which includes album sales. She earns an additional amount of money through live performances in concerts and music festivals. Her monetized youtube channel also adds further income to her yearly earnings.
From all of her income sources, she earns around $100 thousand to $200 thousand annually. She is living a luxurious lifestyle with her decent earnings in her hometown St. Helens, England. She drives a Chevrolet.
How tall is Jacqui Abbott?
Jacqui Abbott is 5 ft 6 inches tall and her body weight is around 58 Kg. She is a beautiful and bold-looking lady with a slim and hourglass-like body physique. Her body measurement is 35-25-36 inches. Her Bra size is 36C(US), Dress size is 4(US) and shoe size is 8(US). Her hair color is Blonde while her eye color is Dark Brown which is her distinct body feature.
Leave a Reply