Czech professional tennis player, Karolina Pliskova is famous for being a former world No. 1 in singles, reaching the top of the Women’s Tennis Association (WTA) rankings on 17 July 2017 and holding the position for eight weeks. She is well recognized for her powerful serve and forehand. She started her tennis journey at the age of 4. As of April 2021, she is ranked No. 9 who has won 16 singles and five doubles titles on the WTA tour, 10 singles and six doubles titles on the ITF Circuit, and over $20 million in prize money. She has also played for the Czech Republic in the Fed Cup competition. She achieved her first WTA title at the 2013 Malaysian Open. She first performed in a senior Grand Slam tournament at the 2012 French Open. Her career record as a single is 547-302 (64.4%) and as a double is 174-136 (56.1%). Similarly, her highest ranking is No. 1 (17 July 2017) as a single and her highest ranking is No. 11 (31 October 2016).
Italian Open 2021: Karolina Pliskova vs Iga Swiatek
At the Italian Open, Karolina saved match points against Jeļena Ostapenko in the quarterfinals to ultimately reach her third straight Italian Open final, where she faced reigning French Open champion Iga Świątek. This is set to be the first career meeting between Karolina Pliskova and Iga Swiatek, so their current head-to-head stands at a 0-0 deadlock.
- Being a Czech professional tennis player.
- For reaching the finals at the 2016 US Open Grand Slam tournament eventually falling to the German Angelique Kerber in 3 sets (6-3, 4-6, 6-4).
What is the Nationality of Karolina Pliskova?
Karolina Pliskova was born on 21st March 1992 in Louny, Czechoslovakia. Therefore, her present age is 29 and her horoscope sign is Aries. Karolina is Czech by nationality and her ethnic background is Czech-White making her the race of White. She was born to her parents; father, Radek Plisek, and mother, Martina Pliskova. She also has a twin sister named Kristyna Pliskova who is also a professional tennis player. By religion, she is Christian. Being a famous tennis star, she has hidden her educational qualification from the media.
How was the Tennis Career of Karolina Pliskova?
- Karolina’s career began in the year 2010 winning Australian Open junior title, defeating Laura Robson in the girls’ final.
- She then played her first senior Grand Slam tournament main draw at the 2012 French Open where she successfully defeated Dia Evtimova, Tamaryn Hendler, and Laura Robson but lost to Marion Bartoli.
- Her 2013 season began in Brisbane International losing to Olga Puchkova. Then, in Sydney, she lost to Sara Errani.
- She won her maiden WTA Tour title at the Malaysian Open defeating Bethanie Mattek-Sands.
- She won her first WTA title in doubles alongside sister Kristýna at the Generali Ladies Linz in October.
- The year 2014 was the breakthrough year for her where she reached her second career WTA tour final in Pattaya City but later she lost to Ekaterina Makarova in the final.
- After reaching five finals and winning two of them, and appearing to a broader public at the US Open with a big win over a former world No. 1, 2014 was really a breakthrough year for her leaping from world No. 67 to 24.
- At Brisbane International, her 2015 season began where she defeated former world No. 1 and two-time Grand Slam champion, Victoria Azarenka reaching her first WTA Premier-level final at Apia International Sydney, defeating Carla Suárez Navarro and Angelique Kerber before losing to fellow Czech, Petra Kvitova.
- She made her debut for the Czech Republic Fed Cup team in the first round of the 2015 Fed Cup World Group.
- At the Madrid Open, she beat Sílvia Soler Espinosa but lost to Caroline Garcia. At the Italian Open, she lost in the first round to Timea Bacsinszky in straight sets. She lost in the second round of the Kremlin Cup to Anastasija Sevastova.
- She ended the year ranked No. 11 in singles and was the 13th most popular player of the year according to the WTA’s website.
- Her 2016 season began at the 2016 Hopman Cup where her partner was Jiri Vesely where she recorded singles wins over Jarmila Wolfe and Victoria Duval.
- Reaching quarterfinals in Sydney, she lost to world No. 2, Simona Halep, in straight sets. She then again lost to Makarova at the 2016 Australian Open.
- Then, she opened her clay-court season at the Porsche Tennis Grand Prix where she lost to Agnieszka Radwańska and at Prague Open, she lost to Lucie Safarova.
- She won her first title of the year at the Nottingham Open. Later, she won her maiden WTA Premier tournament at the Western & Southern Open, defeating Germany’s Angelique Kerber in straight sets in the final.
- She played her final matches of 2016 in the Fed Cup Final in France losing to Caroline Garcia.
- At the end of the season, she changed coaches. Jiri Vanek was substituted by David Kotyza, former coach of compatriot and two-time Wimbledon champion Petra Kvitova.
- Karolina began her 2017 season playing in Brisbane where she won her 7th title defeating Elina Svitolina and Alizé Cornet. Later, at the 2017 Australian Open, she was defeated by Mirjana Lucuc-Baroni. Her ranking increased to a career-high of 3 in the world.
- During her tournament at Doha, she beat Caroline Wozniacki in straight sets to win her 8th WTA title. At the 2017 French Open, she beat Zheng Saisai, Ekaterina Alexandrova, and Carina Witthöft before winning a close fourth-round match against Veronica Cepede Royg.
- At Wimbledon, she was again one of the pre-tournament favorites but lost in three sets to world number 87 Magdalena Rybarikova.
- She reached the WTA world No. 1 ranking for the first time in her career on 17th July 2017.
- She was also the sixth player to reach the No. 1 position without having won a Grand Slam tournament and the first female player representing the Czech Republic.
- Then, she lost in the semifinals to Elina Svitolina in Brisbane. Later, at the Australian Open, she reached the quarterfinals but lost to Simona Halep in straight sets. Similarly, she played in Qatar Open, Dubai, Indian Wells, Miami Open. As of April 2018, she won the Stuttgart Open, defeating CoCo Vandeweghe in the final.
- She then defeated the newly crowned US Open champion Naomi Osaka to take Pan Pacific Open, her eleventh career title in New York.
- She opened her 2019 season at Brisbane International, seeded fifth where she defeated Yulia Putintseva, Marie Bouzkova, Ajla Tomljanovic, Donna Vekić, and Lesia Tsurenko to win the title.
- She was seeded seventh at the 2019 Australian Open where she lost to Naomi Osaka in three sets.
- At the Birmingham Classic in June, she and her sister, Kristyna became the first identical twins in WTA history to play each other in the main draw match. Karolina then lost to her sister, who was ranked 112th.
- At Brisbane, she defeated Ajla Tomljanović, Alison Riske, Naomi Osaka, and Madison Keys to set a record for the most Brisbane International titles defending her title.
- She defeated Kristina Mladenovic and Laura Siegemund at the Australian Open before losing to Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova.
- Before the suspension of the WTA tour due to the COVID-19 pandemic, she was ranked No. 3 in the world.
- At the French Open, she defeated Mayar Sherif in the first round, before losing to former champion Jeļena Ostapenko. She ended the year ranked No. 6 in the world.
- She started her 2021 season at Abu Dhabi defeating Despina Papamichail but lost to Anastasia Gasanova.
- At Doha, she defeated Ons Jabeur but lost to Jessica Pegula. She later defeated Anastasija Sevastova in Dubai but lost to again Jessica. She defeated Zheng Saisai in Miami but she lost to Pegula for the third time.
- For the 2021 season, she shall be coached by Sascha Bajin, the former hitting partner of Serena Williams.
- At the Italian Open, she saved match points against Jelena Ostapenko in the quarterfinals due to which she reached her third straight Italian Open final facing against French Open champion Iga Swiatek.
0Who is Karolina Pliskova married to?
Karolina Pliskova is a married woman as per her marital status. She married her long-time boyfriend, Michal Hrdlicka in the year 2018. Only the closest friends and family were invited. After her marriage with Michal, Karolina decided to take his last name. Thus, her present official name is Karolína Hrdlickova (Czech pronunciation: [ˈkaroliːna ˈɦr̩dlitʃkovaː]). Her husband, Michal works as a TV presenter. Back then, the duo secretly engaged during the 2017 Wimbledon tournament in London. As of today, the duo is residing in Monte Carlo.
How much is Karolina Pliskova Net Worth?
Talented and successful professional tennis player, Karolina Pliskova’s net worth is believed to have $15 Million as of 2021. Starting her career in the year 2010, she is still active in the tennis field. Till now, Karolina has earned the prize money of $20,599,271. Her major source of wealth comes from her tennis career. But her exact salary is still to get unfold. She has also signed sponsorship deals with FILA, Isostar, Babolat, Eurovia, Skupina Cez, CarTec Group, Trinecke Zelezarny, Octagon, Sports Towers, and others.
How tall is Karolina Pliskova?
Athletic bodybuilder, Karolina Pliskova has a perfect height of 6 ft 1¼ in or 186 cm. A fitness freak, Karolina has a balanced weight of 72 Kg or 159 lbs. Her hair is blonde and she has a pair of beautiful green eyes. She has also inked tattoos on her left arm and left leg. Her body measurement is 35-25-35 in or 89-63.5-89 cm. She wears a dress size of 4 US or 36 EU. Similarly, her shoe size is 9 US.