Marlon Mack is an American footballer who is currently playing for the Indianapolis Colts of the National Football League (NFL). His playing position is Running Back. He played college football in South Florida and was drafted by the Colts in the fourth round of the 2017 NFL draft. He made his NFL debut in the season-opener at the Los Angeles Rams and had ten carries for 24 yards. He made his first career reception on a 21-yard pass from quarterback Scott Tolzien and fumbled once. He finished his rookie year with 93 carries for 358 rushing yards (3.8 YPC) and three touchdowns in 14 games and no starts.
Marlon Mack, Colts mutually agree to seek a trade to a new team
The Colts and running back Marlon Mack have mutually agreed to seek a trade, as the fifth-year pro has become the odd man out in the club’s plans at the position, NFL Network’s Tom Pelissero reported Tuesday. After a fantastic rookie season in 2020, Jonathan Taylor has taken over as the starter, and per Pelissero, the contract extension of Nyheim Hines served as writing on the wall for Mack. Hines’ receiving skills and speed in the open field make him a nice complement to the more powerful Taylor. Mack rushed for 1,091 yards and eight touchdowns in 2019 as the Colts’ primary rusher, but Taylor took over Mack’s starting role last year when Mack was lost for the season to a torn Achilles. He’s now healthy, but has been used sparingly through three games: Taylor has 41 carries thus far, Hines 16, and Mack only five. The Colts re-signed Mack to a one-year, $2 million contract in March, but now will look to move him, and at a position that incurs more than its share of injuries, there should be no shortage of suitors. Teams that already have lost starting running backs include the Los Angeles Rams (Cam Akers) and Baltimore Ravens (J.K. Dobbins).
What is Marlon Mack Famous For?
- Being an American Footballer.
- Playing for the Indianapolis Colts as running back.
Who are the Parents of Marlon Mack?
Marlon Mack was born on 7th March 1996 in Sarasota, Florida, the USA with the birth name of Marlon Devon Mack. He was born to his father, Marlo Mack, and his mother, Demetris Woods-Mack. Demetris and Marlo met while they studied at Miami Beach Senior High. Initially, his dad, Marlo worked two cooking jobs (still does) while his mom, Demetris completed her bachelor’s degree in criminal justice at USF. Between shifts and classes, they immersed themselves in their sons’ lives: as coaches, concession workers, constant presences. “Oh man, my parents are very big,” said Mack, who became USF’s career-rushing leader with that fourth-quarter burst. “My dad was the one who pushed me in football, my mom pushed me in school. They made sure my head was on straight. They made sure I never stayed out (late), so they’ve been the biggest part of my career.” He also has two siblings namely Marlo Jr. and Deon Woods, former football players at Sarasota and the UCLA Tornadoes, respectively. He belongs to African-American ethnic background and his nationality is American. His race is black. His present age is 25 as of 2021. His Zodiac sign is Pisces and he follows the Christianity religion.
About his educational background, Marlon Mack attended Booker High School in Sarasota, Florida, the USA where he made 21 receptions for 225 receiving yards (10.7 YPC) and a touchdown. Then, he committed to the University of South Florida to play college football. He is a four-star recruit according to ESPN and 247Sports.com. He attended and played college football for the University of South Florida from 2014 to 2016. He finished the 2014 season with 1,041 rushing yards, a USF freshman record, on 202 carries with nine touchdowns over 12 starts. He started all 12 games and rushed for 1,381 yards on 210 carried and nine touchdowns as a sophomore year. He became South Florida’s all-time leading rushing, passing Andre Hall’s 2,731 during his junior season. He rushed for 1,187 yards on 174 carries and had 15 touchdowns for the 2016 season. He finished his 2017 season career with 3,609 yards on 586 carries and 32 touchdowns.
Marlon Mack Career Timeline
- Marlon Mack was selected by the Indianapolis Colts in the fourth round (143rd overall) of the 2017 NFL Draft becoming the first running back to be drafted from the University of South Florida and was the 15th running back drafted in 2017.
- He was the 28th USF player to be selected in the history of the NFL draft.
- The Indianapolis Colts then signed Mack to a four-year, $2.81 million contract that includes a signing bonus of $419,648 on 17th May 2017.
- Then, he made his NFL debut in the season-opener at the Los Angeles Rams and had ten carries for 24 yards.
- He made his first career reception on a 21-yard pass from quarterback Scott Tolzien and fumbled once.
- He finished his rookie year with 93 carries for 358 rushing yards (3.8 YPC) and three touchdowns in 14 games and no starts and also he made 21 receptions for 225 receiving yards (10.7 YPC) and a touchdown.
- He entered his 2018 season with training camp slated as the starting running back after Frank Gore departed.
- Then, he has named the starting running back to begin the regular season.
- He was inactive for the season-opening 34-23 loss against the Cincinnati Bengals after suffering a hamstring injury in the first preseason game due to which he was sidelined for three consecutive games (Weeks 3-5).
- In Week 7, he had 19 carries for 126 rushing yards and two touchdowns during a 37-5 victory against the Buffalo Bills.
- On October 28, 2018,
- He ran the ball 25 times for 132-yards and two touchdowns in the Colts 42-28 win at the Oakland Raiders in Week 8 on 28th October 2018.
- He also became the first Colts running back since Joseph Addai in 2007 to post back-to-back 100-yard rushing games.
- During Week 15, Mack had a season-high 27 carries for 139 rushing yards and two touchdowns during a 23-0 win over the Dallas Cowboys becoming the second player all season to rush for over 100 yards against the Cowboys, and the first since 2015 to run for 100 yards and two scores.
- He also became just the third player in Colts franchise history to have multiple games with at least 125 yards rushing and two touchdowns in the same season, joining Eric Dickerson (1987) and Edgerrin James (1999 and 2005).
- He finished his 2018 season with 908 rushing yards and nine rushing touchdowns. Also, he added 17 receptions for 103 yards and a touchdown.
- In the Wild Card Round against the Houston Texans, he set a franchise postseason record with 148 yards and a touchdown on 24 carries in a 21-7 victory.
- In the Divisional Round against the Kansas City Chiefs, he had nine carries for 46 yards in the 31-13 loss.
- During the 2019 season-opener against the Los Angeles Chargers, he rushed 25 times for 174 yards which included a career-high 63-yard touchdown run in the 24-30 overtime loss.
- Against the Atlanta Falcons, he rushed 16 times for 74 yards and a touchdown as the Colts won 27-24 in Week 3.
- Against the Kansas City Chiefs, he rushed 29 times for 132 yards and caught three passes for 16 yards in the 19-13 win in Week 5.
- During Week 11 against the Jacksonville Jaguars, he finished with 109 rushing yards and a touchdown before fracturing his hand in the 33-13 win.
- He finished the 2019 season with 1,091 rushing yards and eight rushing touchdowns.
- During his 2020 season, he had 26 rushing yards before leaving the game with an injury in Week 1 game against Jacksonville Jaguars.
- An MRI revealed that Mack had suffered a torn Achilles and was ruled out for the rest of the season.
- He was then placed on injured reserve on 16th September.
- On 23rd March 2021, Marlon Mack re-signed with the Indianapolis Colts.
NFL Career Stats as of 2021
- Rushing yards: 2,399
- Rushing average: 4.4
- Rushing touchdowns: 20
- Receptions: 55
- Receiving yards: 440
- Receiving touchdowns: 2
Awards and Achievements
- 3× First Team All-AAC (2014, 2015, 2016)
- Birmingham Bowl Champion (2016)
- AAC Rookie Player of the Year (2014)
Who is Marlon Mack Girlfriend?
Marlon Mack is not married yet and he is still to get married. When it comes to his personal life, he is very confidential. Not much news regarding his relationships, affairs, dating history has been published or revealed in media. He is currently focusing on his career and he has no plan to get into any kind of committed relationship or marriage. He seems private on his personal relationship’s matter. He is enjoying his single life a lot without any disturbances. His sexual orientation is straight and he is not gay.
In addition, Marlon is also public-spirited and passionate about promoting the welfare of humanity. He has also founded a charity organization called ‘Marlon Mack Foundation’.
How much is Marlon Mack Net Worth and Annual Salary?
Marlon Mack is a professional footballer whose net worth is estimated to have $2 Million as of 2021. His present salary as of 2021 is $1,000,000. In his 2017 season, he made the total earning of $884,648; in his 2018 season, he made $555,000; in his 2019 season, he made $645,000 season; in his 2020 season, he made $2,133,000. He currently plays position RB for Indianapolis Colts in the National Football League, the senior football league in the United States. His main source of wealth comes from his football career and he is living a standard lifestyle from his career earnings.
How tall is Marlon Mack?
Marlon Mack is a very cool and charming man who stands tall at the perfect height of 6 ft or 1.83 m. and his balanced bodyweight consist of 210 lbs or 95 KG. His body type is athletic. His arm length is 32 in while his hand is 9 in. His other body measurements detail such as chest size, waist size, bicep size and more is still to get unfold yet. Overall, he has got a healthy body as of today. He frequently does exercises to maintain his body. His eye color and hair color, both are black.