Mary Miller is an American farmer and politician who is best recognized for serving as the U.S. representative from Illinois’s 15th congressional district. She is the first Republican woman elected to represent Illinois in Congress since Judy Biggert left office in 2013. She is a member of the Republican Party. She serves on the House Committee on Agriculture and the House Committee on Education & Labor. Her term began on January 3, 2021, while her current term ends on 3 January 2023. She is currently running for re-election to the U.S. House to represent Illinois’ 15th Congressional District. She is on the ballot in the Republican primary on 28 June 2022.
What is Mary Miller Famous For?
- Being a politician and farmer.
- For serving as the U.S. representative from Illinois’s 15th congressional district.
Where is Mary Miller From?
Mary Miller was born on 27th August 1959 with the birth name of Mary E. Meyer. Her present age is 62 as of 2021. She is from Oak Park, Illinois. She was born to her father, Harvey Meyer, and her mother, Annette (Jesh). She is American by nationality and his ethnicity is American-White. Virgo is her zodiac sign and her religion is Christianity. About his education, he graduated from Naperville Central High School in Naperville, Illinois. She earned a Bachelor of Science in business management and did some graduate coursework in education at Eastern Illinois University, but did not complete a graduate degree.
Mary Miller Career Timeline
- Mary entered in the politician field by announcing her candidacy to represent Illinois’s 15th congressional district in the United States House of Representatives in the 2020 elections to succeed retiring incumbent John Shimkus.
- Successfully, she won the Republican Party nomination, the real contest in the most Republican district in Illinois, and won the general election with over 70% of the vote becoming the first Republican woman elected to represent Illinois in Congress since Judy Biggert left office in 2013.
- She then started focusing her campaign on providing support to farming and bringing manufacturing back to Illinois.
- She also sided with President Donald Trump’s false claims that the 2020 presidential election was compromised by voter fraud, calling it “tainted”.
- She was one of the members of the House of Representatives who objected to the votes of Arizona and Pennsylvania.
- She introduced anti-trans legislation, the Safety and Opportunity for Girls Act on 2nd March 2021.
- She was one of 14 House Republicans to vote against a measure condemning the Myanmar coup d’état that overwhelmingly passed, for reasons reported to be unclear.
- She was one of 21 House Republicans to vote against a resolution to give the Congressional Gold Medal to police officers who defended the U.S. Capitol on January 6.
- She was also one of 49 House Republicans to vote to repeal the AUMF against Iraq in 2021.
- She was among 75 House Republicans to vote against the National Defense Authorization Act of 2022 in September 2021.
- Likewise, she was among 19 House Republicans to vote against the final passage of the 2022 National Defense Authorization Act.
- In February 2022, she co-sponsored Secure America’s Borders First Act, which would prohibit the expenditure or obligation of military and security assistance to Kyiv over the U.S. border with Mexico.
- In May 2022, the Washington Examiner criticized Miller for employing Bradley Graven, “a man convicted of soliciting sex with a minor, to assist with her re-election campaign.”
Who is Mary Miller Husband?
Mary Miller is a married woman to a fellow Republican politician, Chris Miller on 27th July 1980. On the wedding day, she wore a traditional white gown while her husband wore a grey colored suit. They also own a farm in Oakland, near Charleston, where they grow grain and raise cattle. They have seven children and 17 grandchildren. Her spouse, Chris has served as a member of the Illinois House of Representatives since 2019, representing most of the district’s eastern portion. The Millers are members of Oakland Christian Church. On the occasion of their 41st marriage anniversary, Mary uploaded her marriage picture with her husband on 27 July 2021 via Instagram post. Her sexual orientation is straight. They are enjoying their married life happily without any disturbances.
How much is Mary Miller Net Worth?
Mary Miller is a successful politician whose net worth is estimated to have $1.5 Million as of 2022. Her main source of wealth comes from her political career. Her salary is in thousand of dollars. She is living a cool lifestyle at present and she is satisfied with her earnings.
How tall is Mary Miller?
Mary Miller is a beautiful woman with an average body type. She has a height of 5 feet 10 inches or 1.77 m. Her body weight consists of 69 Kg or 152 lbs. Her other body size is still to get unfolded yet. She has got a very attractive personality with a glowing face and charming smile.