Percy Harvin is a Speedy NFL wide receiver and kicks returner who played college football at Florida when the Gators won the BCS National Championship in 2006 and 2008 and was drafted by the Minnesota Vikings of the National Football League (NFL) in the first round of the 2009 NFL Draft. He was named the Associated Press Offensive Rookie of the Year in 2009 and won Super Bowl XLVIII with the Seahawks in 2013 over the Denver Broncos. To know more about him, you can read below the article.
What is Percy Harvin famous for?
- A former American football wide receiver.
Where is Percy Harvin from?
Going back to his early life, Percy was born to William Percival Harvin, Jr. and Linda in Chesapeake, Virginia, the U.S. After his father’s departure, he was raised by his other with his older sister named Lintera. Similarly, his nationality is American and his ethnicity is Afro-American. Further, his birth sign is Gemini.
For education, he attended Landstown High School in Virginia Beach where he begins to learned football. Later, he attends Florida State University on December 19th, 2005.
When did Percy Harvin begin his football career?
- Talking about his sports journey, Percy begins his football career from his school days. After receiving National Junior Player of the Year honors in 2005, He became one of the most highly acclaimed high school football players in the country. As one of the top recruits in the 2006 high school class, he has ranked number one overall by Rivals.com and the number two receiver by Scout.com.
- Despite his accomplishments, His high school athletic career was not without controversy. He served a one-game suspension early in his junior football season for unsportsmanlike conduct.
- As a senior, he was suspended for the final two regular-season games after making contact with an official and using inappropriate language during a game against First Colonial High School. As a result of this, he was suspended from athletic competition by the VHSL.
- Despite these missteps, He ranks as one of the greatest high school athletes to come out of the Hampton Roads area. He scored 77 career touchdowns, accounted for more points than any player in South Hampton Roads history, and led Landstown High School to three consecutive Group AAA Division 6 state football championship games.
- He became the first athlete in 69 years to capture five state titles at 2005 Virginia Class AAA state meet, winning the 100 meters, with a time of 10.69 seconds, 200 meters, with a time of 21.59 seconds, long jump, with a leap of 7.15 meters, and in the triple jump, with a leap of 14.50 meters.
- He made his collegiate debut for the Florida Gators on September 2nd, 2006, against the Southern Mississippi Golden Eagles. He was a dual-threat, lining up at both running back and wide receiver.
- He entered the 2007 season as the starting receiver for the Gators. In the season opener, a 49-3 victory over Western Kentucky, he recorded 3 receptions for 53 yards and a touchdown.
- He earned All-SEC first-team honors as an all-purpose player while earning second-team honors as a receiver. He has named to the preseason All-American list and the Heisman Trophy contenders list in March 2008.
- On January 15th, 2009, He announced he would forgo his remaining college eligibility and participate in the 2009 NFL Draft. He finished his college career as one of the most prolific offensive threats in school history. In three seasons, he totaled 133 catches for 1,929 yards and 13 touchdowns, while rushing the ball 194 times for 1,852 yards with 19 touchdowns.
- Following extended contract negotiations, on August 3rd, 2009, He signed a five-year contract worth up to $14.5 million, including $8.7 million in guarantees. He wore jersey #12 for the Minnesota Vikings.
- He did not participate in the 2009 NFL Rookie Symposium due to illness and also missed the team’s first three practices and first two days of training camp at Minnesota State University, Mankato.
- On August 19th, 2010, he passed out during practice due to a migraine attack and was taken to a local hospital in an ambulance. He was discharged from the hospital the following day but remained on the sidelines in practice.
- In the first six games of the 2012 season, He had three games with over 100 yards receiving. On December 6th, 2012, He was placed on injured reserve with an ankle injury.
- The Minnesota Vikings traded him to the Seattle Seahawks on March 11th, 2013, in exchange for a first and a seventh-round draft pick in the 2013 Draft, and a third-round draft pick in the 2014 Draft.
- On March 18th, 2015, He signed a one-year, $6 million contract with the Buffalo Bills. He was placed on injured reserve on November 7th. His season ended with 19 catches on 30 targets for 218 yards and a touchdown with an additional 31 rushing yards on five attempts.
- On April 15th, 2016, He announced his retirement from the NFL stating that he needed time to recover from injury but didn’t rule out a possible return.
- On November 1st, 2016, He signed a one-year contract with the Buffalo Bills, coming out of retirement to re-join the team due to injuries to wideouts Sammy Watkins and Greg Salas.
- On March 14th, 2017, He announced his retirement from the NFL for the second time in his career.
Who is Percy Harvin dating?
Percy Harvin has a romantic relationship with Janine Williams. The lovebirds begin dating while in Florida and currently stayed together in Minnesota as parents of their son. They have never announced anything related to their marriage.
What is Percy Harvin salary?
Percy Harvin has reported $18 million net worth as of 2020. Ніѕ рrіmаrу ѕоurсе оf іnсоmе іѕ hіѕ football career. He mаkеѕ еаrnіngѕ frоm а vаrіоuѕ endorsement and contracts thаt hе роrtrауѕ іn dіffеrеnt brand and clubs. Being a professional footballer, he earned $2.5 million as a salary.
What is Percy Harvin’s height?
Percy Harvin has a height of 5 feet 11 inches and he weighs around 91 Kg. His eyes are dark brown and his hair color is black. Further, he has an athletic body but his other body information is under review. Whenever we will update, we will let you know.