Alesha Dixon is a famous British musician, singer, dancer, rapper, and talent show judge. She is best known for being a part of the girl’s R N’B musical trio Mis-Teeq and a judge on the talent show Britain’s Got Talent. She is currently hosting BBC’s The Greatest Dancer show. No doubt, she has worn many hats over her astonishing 19-year career. Let’s know more about her through this article.
What is Alesha Dixon famous for?
- An English singer, rapper, songwriter, dancer, author, model, and television personality.
What is Alesha Dixon’s ethnicity?
Recalling her early life, Alesha was born in Welwyn Garden City, England, UK in the year 1978. She was born as Alesha Anjanette Dixon to her parents; Beverly and Melvin. She grew up with her five siblings. Her parents had separated when she was only four, and later her father moved away. Her mother started living with her new partner and suffered domestic violence from him.
Similarly, she is of British nationality and belongs to Afro-Jamaican ethnicity. Further, Her birth sign is Libra.
Where was Alesha Dixon educated?
Concerning her education, Alesha attended Monk’s Walk School. She was very good at sports, so she did her diploma in sports studies. She planned to join Loughborough University but later changed the plan because a scout from a production company approached her.
When did Alsha Dixion begin her acting career?
- Moving towards her career, Dixion began her career in 1999 when she met Sabrina Washington as they both joined a dance school in Fulham, southwest London. Together, they decided to form a group when Dixon and Washington, the two co-founders, spotted Su-Elise Nash, a girl auditioning for another group.
- In 2004, She went to feature in the N.E.R.D music video She Wants to Move. In the video, she is shown dancing on a podium whilst the group circled her. It was also rumored that she was dating Pharrell Williams around the time of the video. The last song, she recorded with Mis-Teeq was Shoo Shoo Baby for the Disney film Valiant.
- In 2007, She won Strictly Come Dancing. Her television exposure led to a successful comeback, which included her signing to Asylum Records, an offshoot of Warner Music Group.
- She then released a second album, entitled The Alesha Show, in 2008, which received platinum certification from BPI in the UK and spawned four singles including The Boy Does Nothing and Breathe Slow, the latter of which became her highest-charting single and earned her a Brit Award nomination.
- In September 2009, Dixon became a judge on the seventh series of Strictly Come Dancing, replacing Arlene Phillips. The replacement of Phillips by Dixon attracted criticism, as some questioned the extent of Dixon’s dancing knowledge.
- In 2010, Dixon returned for the eighth series of Strictly Come Dancing and released her third studio album, The Entertainer.
- In January 2012, shortly after completing the ninth series and her third year as a judge on Strictly Come Dancing, she quit becoming a judge on Britain’s Got Talent. Her fourth studio album, Do It for Love, was released in 2015.
- In 2020, She also joined the judging panel of America’s Got Talent: The Champions.
- As a television presenter, She has hosted Your Face Sounds Familiar (2013), Text Santa (2014-15), Dance Dance Dance (2017), The Greatest Dancer (2019-Present) and Comic Relief (2019).
Who is Alesha Dixon married to?
Reflecting on her personal life, Alesha was previously married to her long-term boyfriend, Mc Harvey, a British rapper in the year 2005. They dated each other for five years before they decided to take their relationship to the next level. But their marriage lasted for only a year because her husband had slept with a singer, Javine Hylton.
After a failed marriage, She began dating a dancer, Azuka Ononye in 2012. She even gave birth to a daughter, Azura Sienna Ononye in October 2013 with Azuka. Though she claimed that she turned down many proposals from her boyfriend, Azuka, she secretly married him in 2017. She is now happily married to her second husband.
How much is Alesha Dixon’s net worth?
Being an English singer and host, Alesha earns a decent amount of money and fame through her profession in the field of the entertainment industry. Based on some online reports, her estimated net worth said to be $4 million at present. However, her salary and asset details are yet to be disclosed.
How tall is Alesha Dixon?
Observing her body physics, Alesha stands a height of 5 feet 7 inches and weighs around 58 Kg. Similarly, She has a pair of brown eyes and light brown hair. Further, she used a 34B bra size with a body measurement of 36-25-37 inches. She used 8 (US) dress sizes and 10 (US) shoe sizes.