Alexis Bledel is an American actress and model who is best known for her role as Rory Gilmore on the television series “Gilmore Girls” (2000–2007), and Emily Malek in “The Handmaid’s Tale” (2017–2021). She also had a recurring role in “Mad Men” in 2012 and reprised her role as Rory Gilmore in the Netflix reunion miniseries “Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life” (2016).
Likewise, she is also part of other TV shows and films such as “Motive”, “ER”, “Sin City”, “Bride and Prejudice”, “The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2”, “The Ballad of G.I. Joe”, “The Good Guy”, “Girl Walks into a Bar”, “The Conspirator”, “The Brass Teapot”, “The Kate Logan Affair”, “Jenny’s Wedding”, “Parts per Billion”, and many more. She appeared as a student in the 1998 comedy-drama film “Rushmore”. As this was a minor role, it is uncredited. She then made her feature film debut as Winnie Foster in the Disney live-action adaptation of Tuck “Everlasting” (2002).
What is Alexis Bledel Famous For?
- Alexis Bledel is an actress and model.
- Alexis is famous for playing the lead role as Rory Gilmore in The WB’s comedy-drama “Gilmore Girls” from 2000 until 2007.
- She is also famed for her role as Lena Kaligaris in the 2005 movie “The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants”.
Who are Alexis Bledel’s Parents?
Alexis Bledel was born on September 16, 1981, with the birth name of Kimberly Alexis Bledel. Her place of birth is Houston, Texas, U.S.A. She is the daughter of Nanette Bledel (mother) and Martín Bledel (father). Her mum worked as a gift processor and flight attendant. She also has a sibling, a younger brother namely Eric David Bledel. Her nationality is American and she belongs to a Mixed ethnicity. She is of Danish, distant German, Scottish, English, and Argentine descent on her father’s side. Her family moved back to Mexico, at the age of eight.
Of her parents’ upbringing in Latin America, Bledel has stated: “It’s the only culture my mom knows from life, and my father as well, and they made the decision to raise their children within the context they had been raised in.” She grew up in a Spanish-speaking household, and did not learn English until she began school; she identifies herself as Latina. She celebrated her 41st birthday in 2022. Her zodiac sign is Virgo as per her birthdate.
Regarding her education, she attended Baptist and Lutheran schools and graduated from the Catholic St. Agnes Academy in Houston in 1999. Her mother encouraged her to try community theater to overcome her shyness. As a child, she appeared in local productions of Our Town and The Wizard of Oz. Later, she attended New York University’s Tisch School of the Arts for a year.
How did Alexis Bledel start his career?
- Alexis Bledel made her TV debut in 2000 in The WB comedy-drama “Gilmore Girls”. She played Rory Gilmore, the daughter of Lorelai Gilmore (Graham), a single mother.
- She made her feature film debut opposite Jonathan Jackson in the fantasy romantic drama “Tuck Everlasting” in 2002. Before that, he was an uncredited extra in the 1998 comedy-drama “Rushmore”.
- She co-starred in the drama “The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants” in 2005. In the same year, she co-starred in the anthology neo-noir crime thriller “Sin City”. After a year, she co-starred opposite Jay Baruchel in the romantic comedy “I’m Reed Fish”.
- She next reprised her role of Lena Kaligaris in “The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2”, released in August 2008. She then starred in the comedy “Post Grad”, which was released on August 21, 2009.
- After then, she starred in the romantic comedy “The Good Guy” in 2009. In April 2009, she guest-starred in the NBC medical drama “ER” in the two-hour series finale titled “And in the End…” as Dr. Julia Wise.
- After that, she signed a contract with the modeling division of IMG in May 2009. Moreover, she co-starred opposite James McAvoy and Robin Wright in the historical drama “The Conspirator”.
- Likewise, she starred in the title role in the Canadian drama “The Kate Logan Affair” in 2010. Next, she co-stars opposite Jason Ritter in the Fox pilot “Friends & Family” in 2013. The pilot was picked up for a series and was retitled “Us & Them.”
- In 2015, Bledel starred with Katherine Heigl as the fiancée to Heigl’s character in the film “Jenny’s Wedding”.
- On 29th January 2016, Netflix announced a revival of Gilmore Girls with a series of four 90-minute films set around the four seasons, and Bledel’s participation was confirmed.
- In 2017, she appeared as Ofglen, later known as Emily Malek in The “Handmaid’s Tale” for Hulu. Her role was expanded to a regular role for the second season. She departed after the fourth season.
- In 2019, she was seen playing the role of Katie in the film “Crypto”.
Alexis Bledel Awards and Achievements
- Won Outstanding Guest Actress in a Drama Series in 2017 for her work in The Handmaid’s Tale
- Won TV – Choice Comedy Actress in 2005 and 2006 for her work in Gilmore Girls
- Won Best Leading Young Actress – TV Drama Series for her work in Gilmore Girls in 2001
- Won Best Guest Actress in a Drama Series for her work in The Handmaids Tale in 2017
- Won Family Television Awards under the category Best Actress for her work in Gilmore Girls in 2002
- Won Gold Derby Awards under the category Drama Guest Actress for her work in Mad Men in 2012 and The Handmaids Tale in 2017
Who is Alexis Bledel’s Husband?
Alexis Bledel is previously married and is currently a divorced woman. Alexis is single right now and she is not dating anyone at present. She is enjoying her present life a lot without any disturbances. Her sexual orientation is straight.
Previously, Gilmore Girls‘ casting director, Mara Casey revealed in 2016 that actors Jared Padalecki and Alexis secretly dated from 2000 to 2002. After that, Bledel and fellow former Gilmore Girls co-star Milo Ventimiglia were in a relationship from December 2002 to June 2006.
Alexis Bledel then started dating her Mad Men co-star, Vincent Kartheiser in April 2012. In March 2013, the couple announced their engagement and married in June 2014. Bledel gave birth to their first child, a son, in the fall of 2015. On 10th August 2022, it was revealed that they had separated and filed for divorce after 8 years of marriage. Their divorce was finalized on August 26.
How much is Alexis Bledel’s Net Worth?
Alexis Bledel is a successful actress who has made millions through her great performance in acting in films, television series, and modeling. From her professional career, she has accumulated a net worth of $6 Million as of January 2023. She made $750,000 for her appearance in ‘Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life’. Her films have done great in the industry as Sin City grossed a box office collection of $160 million. The first installment of Sisterhood Of The Traveling Pants grossed $42 million, and the second grossed $44.1 million.
Bledel is making her annual salary in thousands of dollars and she lives a lavish lifestyle at present. She has helped charities such as Cystic Fibrosis Foundation and Save the Children. She also spends some of her money on charity work. Her main source of wealth comes from the entertainment industry. She also appeared in a print advert in the Naturistics Lip Gloss and Bonne Bell Chapstick in 2000.
How tall is Alexis Bledel?
Alexis Bledel stands at the height of 5 ft 7 in or 170 cm and her body weight measures 54 Kg or 119 lbs. Her hair color is dark brown which is natural but she loves to dye them blonde. She has a pair of mesmerizing blue eyes. She has a low baby voice. Her body measurement is 34-24-34 in or 86-61-86 cm. Her dress size is 2-4 (US) and she wears a shoe size of 7 (US) or 37.5 (EU). She has got a helathy body at present.