Amber de Botton is an English news journalist who serves as the Head of United Kingdom News at ITV News. Her career as a journalist has included working for ITV News and Sky News. She leaves ITV News, where she was head of UK news and previously in politics. Unlike an impartial civil servant, the special adviser will be able to give political advice to ministers, defend the government’s actions and criticize opposition parties.
Amber de Botton will become the PM’s director of communications. In late October 2022, just a few days after Rishi Sunak became the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom, it was announced that De Botton will join the Prime Minister’s team as director of communications. ITV’s political editor, Robert Peston, tweeted: “My colleague Amber de Botton is leaving ITV to be Rishi Sunak’s director of communications. She is a brilliant news editor and journalist, and leaves a huge hole at ITV News.” The Sky News political editor, Beth Rigby, wrote: “She’s a seriously talented news editor and political operator, now heading to No 10 to direct PM’s communications strategy. They mean business.”
Amber de Botton Known For
- Amber de Botton is a news journalist.
- Amber is known for being the director of communications for the Prime Minister of the UK, Rishi Sunak.
What is Amber de Botton’s Ethnicity?
Amber de Botton took birth in the 1970s. She is from the United Kingdom. She holds English nationality and she belongs to the European-White ethnicity. Details about her parents and siblings have not been revealed by her. She was born into a Christian religious family.
She attended Durham University in Durham, England, and graduated with a BA, in History with Politics.
What does Amber de Botton do for a living?
- Amber de Botton has worked as a Press Officer at Greater London Authority, and Script Assistant at Sky News.
- She started working in 2007 at Underbelly Limited, where she served as Assistant Director for less than a year.
- She started working as Head of UK News at ITV News in May 2021, having previously served as Head of Politics with the Network for nearly 4 years.
- Prior to ITV News, she worked at Sky News where she worked as a Deputy Head of Politics for over 5 years.
- She has also worked as a Political Editor and Political Correspondent at Total Politics.
- From June 2008 to September 2009, De Botton served as Parliamentary Reporter at Dods Group PLC.
- Recently, Rishi Sunak, the Prime Minister of the UK hired her as his director of communications.
- Mr. Peston revealed Ms. De Botton’s new job on Twitter on Saturday, saying the mother-of-two was a ‘brilliant news editor and journalist’ who will leave a ‘huge hole at ITV News.’
Everything To Know About Rishi Sunak
Who is Amber de Botton’s Husband?
Amber de Botton is a married woman and she is a mother of two children with her husband whose name is still to get disclosed yet. Likewise, her kid’s name has also not been revealed yet. She remains silent when it comes to her personal life. The family is currently residing in Westminster, London, England.
What is Amber de Botton’s Net Worth?
Amber de Botton is a news journalist who serves as the Head of United Kingdom News at ITV News. The net worth of Amber is estimated to have €1 Million as of 2022. Whereas her present salary is around €300K – €500K. Her main source of wealth comes from her journalism career. She is living a cool lifestyle at present.
Leave a Reply