Andre Harrell was a music executive and multimedia producer who founded Uptown Records. It shaped the sound of hip-hop and R&B in the late ’80s and ’90s. Also, he served as the CEO of Motown Records. Sadly, he left the world forever on 7th May 2020. However, his death reason is still under review. To know more about him, you can read the below article.
What is Andre Harrell famous for?
- An American music executive and multimedia producer.
- His hits songs with Alonzo Brown, like “Genius Rap,” “Fast Life,” and “AM/PM.”
Where was Andre Harrell born?
Going back to his early life, Andre was born in New York City, the U.S. as Andre O’Neal Harrell in the year 1960. His parents were Bernie and Hattie Harrell. His mother worked as a nurse’s aide and his father was a produce market employee in Hunts Point. His nationality was American and his ethnicity was Afro-American. His birth sign was Libra and he was Christian by religion. Also, he had a brother named Greg Harrell.
For education, he attended Charles Evans Hughes High School and graduated in 1978. Then, he enrolled at Baruch College and later transfer to Lehman College where he majored in communications and business management. However, he withdrew after three years and began working for a local radio station.
Andre Harrell Career Timeline?
- Talking about his profession, Andre joined Def Jam Records as Vice-president and general manager in 1983. After two years, he left it and founded his label called Uptown Records.
- In 1988, He was offered a label deal MCA Music Entertainment Group.
- After he had multiple successful releases in 1992, MCA offered him a multimedia deal, which involved film and television productions.
- Later, They developed the feature film Strictly Business and FOX’s hit police drama series, New York Undercover, which aired from 1994 until 1998.
- Then, he renamed Uptown Records as Uptown Enterprises, and its records were featured in productions for Universal Pictures and Universal Television.
- In 1995, He was appointed CEO of Motown Records and remained there until 1997.
- He also hosted Champagne & Bubbles on Sunday nights from 6 to 9 pm on Emmis Urban AC WRKS (98.7 Kiss FM)/New York.
- After that, he became the Vice-Chairman of Revolt, Diddy’s multi-platform music network.
- In 2014, he was instrumental in launching the Revolt Music Conference in Miami, Florida, at the Fountainbleau Hotel.
- Also, he and his high school friend, Alonzo Brown formed a rap/hip-hop named Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde at his teenager. They achieved success with major hit songs like “Genius Rap” (1981) and “AM/PM” (1984).
Who was Andre Harrell married to?
Andre Harrell was married to Wendy Credle. Together, the couple was blessed with a son named Gianni Credle-Harrell. However, the couple divorced. The reason behind their divorce is unknown. After that, he dated a choreographer, Laurieann Gibson, and later they married.
How did Andre Harrell die?
Andre Harrell passed away on May 7th, 2020 at his home in West Hollywood, California at the age of 59. The news of his death was first announced on Instagram by D-Nice. However, her ex-wife, he had been suffering from heart problems in the time leading up to his death.
What is Andre Harrell net worth?
Andre Harrell had earned the sum of a good amount of money and salary from his profession as a record and film producer in the field of the entertainment industry. As per the online sites, he had a reported net worth of $50 million as of 2020. He adds up his fortune through his record sales, concerts, albums, and others. However, his assets details are still under review.
How Tall was Andre Harrell?
Andre Harrell had a height of 5 feet 8 inches and he weighed around 83 Kg. His eyes were dark brown and he was bald.