Andrew Cohen is an American TV talk show host, radio host, author, and producer who started his career as an intern at ‘CBS News’ and eventually contributed as a producer for the ‘CBS’ shows ‘The Early Show,’ ‘CBS This Morning,’ and ‘48 Hours.’ He also served as executive producer on Emmy and James Beard award-winning reality cooking competition television show, Top Chef. Let’s know more about him through this article.
What is Andy Cohen famous for?
- An American radio and television talk show host, producer, and writer.
When was Andy Cohen born?
Recalling his early life, Andy was born in St. Louis, Missouri, the U.S.to his parents, Lou Cohen, and Evelyn Cohen in the year 1968. currently, he aged 51 years old. He holds American citizenship and belongs to White ethnicity. Also, he has a sister named Emily Rosenfeld. Similarly, his birth sign is Gemini and his religious views are Judaism.
For education, he attended Camp Nebagamon For Boys in Lake Nebagamon in Wisconsin. He also attended Clayton High School and graduated in 1986. Later, he got enrolled at Boston University from where he graduated with a Bachelor’s degree in broadcast journalism.
Where does Andy Cohen work?
- Moving towards his career, Andy started his career in television as an intern at CBS News. He spent 10 years at the network, eventually serving as senior producer of The Early Show, a producer for 48 Hours, and a producer for CBS This Morning.
- He later joined the television network Trio in 2000 and become vice president of original programming at Bravo in 2004.
- Then, He has made several guest appearances on television shows playing himself, such as The Comeback and Saturday Night Live.
- Also, he was a regular on Today and Morning Joe and has co-hosted Live! with Kelly, and The View.
- In 2009, He began hosting a weekly midnight television talk show, Watch What Happens Live. The show was later expanded into a weeknight series.
- In 2012, His autobiographical memoir Most Talkative released which became a New York Times Best Seller in the hardcover, paperback, and combined nonfiction categories.
- In 2013, he declined to co-host the Miss Universe pageant in Russia, due to the country’s recent adoption of anti-gay laws. Before that, he hosted Miss USA 2011, Miss USA 2012, Miss USA 2013, Miss Universe 2011, and Miss Universe 2012.
- In 2014, he play as Zeus in Lady Gaga’s music video for “G.U.Y.”
- The same year, He published his second memoir, The Andy Cohen Diaries: A Deep Look at a Shallow Year which is inspired by the similarly titled The Andy Warhol Diaries.
- In 2016, the publisher Henry Holt and Company announced it was launching the imprint of his Books. His third memoir Superficial: More Adventures From his Diaries was published in November 2016.
- A sequel to The Andy Cohen Diaries, the book covers diary entries for the subsequent two years which became a Times Best Seller among books written by celebrities
- In August 2017, Fox announced that it would renew Love Connection for a second season. Later that year, He succeeded Kathy Griffin as co-host of CNN’s New Year’s Eve coverage alongside Cooper.
- In 2018, He played himself on the show Riverdale as a friend of the Lodge family. He made a March 2018 appearance as a guest judge in an episode of the VH1 reality-television series RuPaul’s Drag Race.
- In December 2018, he again co-hosted CNN’s New Year’s Eve coverage with Anderson Cooper.
- He won the ‘Vito Russo Award’ at the 30th ‘GLAAD Media Awards’ in 2019.
- He is currently in a contract with Bravo to host Watch What Happens Live with him until 2020.
What are the achievements of Andy Cohen?
Throughout his career, he has won several awards which are listed below:
- 2004, Peabody Award, 2004, as executive producer of the Trio documentary The N-Word.
- 2007, Multichannel News’ “40 Under 40” broadcasting executives.
- 2007, Peabody Award, as executive producer of the Bravo reality-TV competition Project Runway.
- 2010, appeared on the TV Guide “Power List” of talked-about individuals.
- 2010, Emmy Award of Outstanding Competitive Reality Series as executive producer of Top Chef.
- 2012, GQ’s “25 Best Dressed Men of the Year.”
- 2012, chosen as one of Broadcasting & Cable’s “Digital All-Stars”.
- 2012 to 2016, listed in Out magazine’s list of Most Powerful Gay People.
- 2019, received the Vito Russo Award at the 30th GLAAD Media Awards.
Andy Cohen married
Reflecting on his personal life, Andy has never been married. His sexual orientation is gay. He is openly gay. He has dated several men in the past. He was in a romantic relationship with a Harvard Ph.D. student named Clifton Dassuncao. The couple dated until April 2018. Also, He was rumored to be dating a former Ice Hockey player, Sean Avery. The cause of these rumors was their close friendship and the fact that they were spotted hanging out together far too often. He also dated John Hill. He has a son named Benjamin Allen Cohen, born via surrogacy on February 4th, 2019. Further, he reportedly came out as gay while at the University. Presently, he seems to be single and enjoying his single happily.
Andy Cohen Net Worth
Being a television executive and personality, Andy earns an impressive amount of money and fame through his profession in the field of the entertainment industry. Based on some online sites, his estimated net worth said to be $50 million and his salary is somewhere around $10 million at present. Also, he earns through his endorsements such as Snapple (2014), Microsoft (2014), Microsoft Surface Pro 3 (2014), PlayStation Vue (2017), and Autotrader (2017). However, his assets details are yet to be disclosed.
How tall is Andy Cohen?
Observing his body statistics, Andy stands a height of 5 feet 9 inches and he weighs around 78 Kg. Similarly, his eyes are dark brown and hair color is gray. Further, his body measures 45-16-35 inches including his chest, biceps, and waist sizes respectively.