Anna Tatangelo is an Italian pop singer and television personality. Anna, at age 15, became the youngest person to win the Newcomer’s Award at the prestigious Sanremo Music Festival singing contest. She participated in the Sanremo Music Festival six times in ten years, winning in 2002 with the song “Doppiamente fragile” and getting on the podium three more times: in 2005, when it was ranked third in the category “Women” with “Ragazza di periferia”, in 2006, when it was ranked in third place overall and first in the category women with “Essere una donna” and in 2008, when, with the song “Il mio amico” has reached the second position.
Till now, she has sold nearly 1 million copies worldwide. She has been a guest on several Italian TV shows, including Ti Lascio una canzone on April 5, 2008, and she also won the first Italian edition of Celebrity Masterchef in 2018.
What is Anna Tatangelo Famous For?
- Anna Tatangelo is a pop singer and TV personality.
- She is known for winning the Sanremo Music Festival Newcomer’s Award at the age of fifteen.
- Her lyrics touch on anorexia, homophobia, feminism, and violence against women.
What is Anna Tatangelo Nationality?
Anna Tatangelo was born on 9th January 1987 in Sora, Frosinone, Italy. She holds Italian nationality and her ethnicity is Italian-White. She celebrated her 35th birthday in 2022. She is the daughter of Palmira Tatangelo (mother) and Dante Tatangelo (father). She has three siblings – Silvia, Maurizio, and Giuseppe Tatangelo. She has not disclosed the details about her education to the media. Capricorn is her zodiac sign and her religion is Christian.
Anna Tatangelo Career Timeline
- At age 7, Anna Tatangelo began to take part in several shows in provincial and regional contests, collecting numerous placements.
- In 1999, she placed second with “Minifestival della canzone” of Viterbo, which she won a year later.
- After a couple of years, she participated in the concert “La nota d’oro di Blera”, won the traveling “Bravissimi in tour” stop in Sora, and also won the national final of Cassano.
- Once again, she won second place in the final of the competition “Una voce per … ” and another victory to” Castelliri in Musica.”
- At age 14, she was selected by Rai for “Girofestival” where she presented her first song titled, “Dov’e’ il coraggio” (“Where is the Courage”) and came third in the newcomers’ section and was selected to perform at the Nuove voci per Sanremo (New Voices of Sanremo) Festival in Gropparello. For the same song, she shot her first music video and also signed her first record deal (with the CSB Italy – Casalba).
- Further, in 2002, she won the academy’s Song of Sanremo with the song Angelo of Syria: with this victory comes right into the cast of the youth category of the Sanremo Music Festival.
- It was in 2002, she became the youngest person at 15 years old to win the Sanremo Music Festival’s Newcomer’s Award.
- She also took part in the XVII World Youth Day, playing Amazing Grace with Tiziano Ferro, Raf, and Antonella Ruggiero in Piazza San Pietro.
- Her first album “Attimo x attimo” was released on 28th August 2003 via Capitol/Emi Label.
- In 2004, she was chosen by Disney to sing with Gigi D’Alessio in Il mondo è mio, the soundtrack of the animated film Aladdin. Later, Tatangelo collaborates with Video Italia for two years.
- At age 15, she participated for the third time at the Sanremo Music Festival with “Ragazza di periferia”, a song written by Gigi D’Alessio with Vincenzo D’Agostino and Adriano Pennino.
- “Ragazza di periferia” was her second album. Two songs on the album (Dimmi dimmi e Quando dua si lasciano) are included in the soundtrack of the movie “Troppo belli”.
- She next participated in an O’scià and Italian pop music festival conceived by Claudio Baglioni on 23rd September.
- For the fourth time in five years, she participated in the 56th Sanremo Music Festival with “Essere una donna”, a song composed by Mogol and Gigi D’Alessio.
- Her third album “Mai dire mai” was released on 2nd November 2007 which was then followed by her next album “Nel mondo delle donne” on 28th November 2008, “Progetto B” on 16th February 2011, “Libera” on 12th February 2015, “La fortuna sia con me” on 8th February 2019, and her latest album “Anna Zero” on 28th May 2021.
- In 2010, she participates as a judge, in the fourth edition of “X Factor” in Italy.
- On 10th December 2010, she along with Valeria Marini and Gigi D’Alessio, publishes the compilation 3 x Te, project.
- She has won the second edition of Celebrity Masterchef in 2018.
- In 2020, she released her new trap single, “Guapo”, featuring Geolier. This single is very famous in Italy and has reached almost 11 million views on YouTube and 4 million streams on Spotify.
- As an actress, she made her film debut in “Troppo belli” in which her role was uncredited. In 2016, she made a feature film debut as an actress in “Un Natale al Sud” as Eva. Likewise, she was a contestant on the game show “Name That Tune” season 2 in 2021.
Who is Anna Tatangelo Dating?
Anna Tatangelo is currently single and she is not dating anyone right now. She is focusing on his career rather than being in a relationship. Previously, she has been in a romantic relationship with the singer Gigi D’Alessio from February 2005 to March 2020. The duo is blessed with a son, Andrea D’Alessio. After that, she has not been seen with anyone dating or having affairs. Her sexual orientation is straight.
How much is Anna Tatangelo Net Worth?
Anna Tatangelo is a pop singer and TV personality whose net worth is estimated to have $8 Million as of 2022. Her annual income is around $1 Million as per sources. Her main source of wealth comes from the music industry. Today, she is living a comfortable lifestyle from her career earnings. She has sold nearly 1 million copies worldwide.
How tall is Anna Tatangelo?
Anna Tatangelo stands at the height of 5 ft 9 in or 1.75 m. She has a body weight of 62 KG or 137 lbs. Her body type is slim. She has got short hair with dark brown hair. She has a pair of brown eyes. She has got a healthy body with a charming smile.
Leave a Reply