Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti is a former professional Australian rules footballer. Before his retirement, he was playing for the Essendon Football Club in the Australian Football League (AFL) until 2022. He was drafted by Essendon with their second selection in the 2015 rookie draft. He has finished in the top 10 for the Chrichton Medal, Essendon’s best and fairest award, each season of his career from 2016 to 2021.
Beginning his early career with the Tiwi Bombers in the Northern Territory Football League, McDonald-Tipungwuti moved to Victoria at the age of 17 for better chances of an AFL career. He is notable for his explosive pace, excellent ball use, emphatic tackles, and distinctive dreadlocks. His mercurial skill and well-honed gameplay have made him an invaluable addition to Essendon’s line-up.
- For being a former professional Australian rules footballer.
- For his explosive pace, excellent ball use, emphatic tackles, and distinctive dreadlocks.
When was Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti born?
Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti was born on 22 April 1993 in Tiwi Islands, Northern Territory, Australia. His birth name is Anthony William Watson McDonald-Tipungwuti. He holds an Australian nationality and belongs to the white ethnicity. His star sign is Taurus. He is a follower of Christianity.
McDonald-Tipungwuti’s childhood was miserable. His father died when he was still a baby and his biological mother, Nola, began to drink and smoke a lot and abandoned him when he was a child. After becoming homeless, he went to live with his grandmother, but she died when he was ten years old.
He was eventually adopted by a woman named Jane McDonald whom he now calls mum. As for education, McDonald-Tipungwuti attended school at Chairo Christian School in Drouin after moving to Victoria where he learned to speak English.
What does Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti do for a living?
- Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti began his career in rules football after joining the junior team of Tiwi Bombers in the Northern Territory Football League.
- At the age of 17, he moved to Victoria for better chances of an AFL career.
- He spent years playing for the Gippsland Power in the TAC Cup and Essendon’s reserves team in the VFL.
- He was a rookie listed by Essendon at the end of 2015.
- He made his AFL debut in round 1 of the 2016 season against the Gold Coast Suns.
- In July 2020, he broke the record for most consecutive AFL games for Essendon in the AFL era.
- He ends the 2021 season with 34 goals, despite not playing in the club’s final three games.
- In May 2022, he shocks the AFL by retiring aged just 29 after battling racist abuse and family conflict during a stellar career.
Who is Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti’s girlfriend?
If we take a glimpse at Angus’s social media accounts like Instagram, and Facebook we cannot trace or find any proof regarding his girlfriend or any link with the girl. In every photo and video posted by him, we can only find him clicking photos of himself or with his teammates and family. From here we can know that he is a guy highly dedicated to his career and work. Possibly, his focus on his profession might have made this handsome dude stay away from the relationship bound.
What is the net worth of Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti?
As of May 2022, The net worth of Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti is estimated to be US $1 million. he has managed to earn his fortune through his decade-long professional career as a rules footballer. He was earning around $372,224 as an Australian rules footballer. He also earns further income through his endorsement deals.
How tall is Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti?
Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti is 5 ft 7 inches tall and his body weight is 77 Kg. He has an Athletic build body. As a football player, he regularly does workouts and gym exercises to keep him fit and active. He has a dreadlock hairstyle that is black in color. He has a pair of black-colored eyes. He always does exercises which include weight lifting, push-ups, Single-leg squats, Dumbbell bench step-ups, and others to keep himself fit and healthy.