An American baseball third baseman for the Los Angeles Angels of Major League Baseball (MLB) is named for Anthony Rendon. He played in MLB for the Washington Nationals and was a member of the Nationals’ 2019 World Series champion team previously. He is an All-Star and two-time Silver Slugger Award winner. Moreover, he won the 2010 Dick Howser Trophy. He was selected sixth overall in the 2011 MLB draft by the Nationals and made debut in 2013.
Anthony Rendon on why Dodgers weren’t the best fit for him and his family
The Dodgers’ offseason priority list included Anthony Rendon near the top. He had just starred in the Washington Nationals’ playoff run to a World Series title, peaking at just the right time to maximize his earnings with his best season as a major leaguer. He was an All-Star for the first time. He led the majors in runs batted in. His on-base-plus-slugging percentage topped 1.000, and he played elite defense. He was a right-handed-hitting star the Dodgers wanted. He didn’t want to play for them nearly as much as they wanted him. A Dodgers contingent traveled to Houston, Rendon’s hometown, for a meeting with him in November and emerged pessimistically. It was evident to them that they didn’t really stand a chance to sign him. They were so sure of it that they didn’t even bother to offer him a contract before Rendon agreed to a seven-year, $245-million deal with the Angels on Wednesday; a day after Gerrit Cole spurned them for the New York Yankees.
What is the birthplace of Anthony Rendon?
Anthony Rendon was born on 6th June 1990, in Richmond, Texas. As of 2019, he celebrated his 29th birthday with his friends. His birth name is Anthony Michael Rendon. His parent’s names were Rene Rendon(father) and Bridget Rendon(mother). He grew up on the Southwest side of Houston. He is American by nationality and his ethnic group is White. About his education, he attended George Bush High School for two and a half years but transferred to Lamar High School later. After the completion of his high school, he was offered to be drafted by the Major League Baseball team Atlanta Braves. He turned down the offer and decided to join Rice University to play for the head coach Wayne Graham. He is Christian by religion.
How was the Career of Anthony Rendon?
- Anthony Rendon was named the Baseball Amerca’s Freshman of the Year, All-America, Freshman All-American, NCBWA’s District VII Player of the Year and NCAA All-Regional Team during his freshman year in the year 2009.
- He had .388 with 20 home runs and 72 runs batted in, starting in all 61 of the games as a freshman.
- Moreover, he won the Dick Howser Trophy and was also Baseball America’s College Player of the Year in his sophomore year.
- At the college, he was the first underclassman in a decade Trophy and the Golden Spikes Award in his first season where he finished the season with .394 hitting, 26 home runs and 85 runs batted in.
- He was drafted in the 2011 Major League Baseball Draft and was selected sixth overall by the Washington Nationals.
- He mostly played as second base in the 2013 season.
- He was moved back to his original position as the third baseman in the 2014 season.
- He was placed fifth in National League Most Valuable Player voting and won a Silver Slugger award that season.
- In the 2015 season, he was injured and he started with a medial collateral ligament in his left knee.
- He was moved to second base with third base being taken by new player Yunel Escobar.
- He played 80 regular-season games in 2015 and ended the season with .264/.344/.363 slash line.
- He returned to form in the batting line and hit .270/.348/.450 with 20 home runs.
- He was named the National League Comeback Player of the Year.
- He was named the Player of the week in the National League on 17th July 2017.
- He batted .301/.403/.533 with 25 home runs in the year 2017.
- He batted .308 (4th in the NL)/.374/.535 (7th in the NL) with 24 home runs and led the National League with 44 doubles in the year 2018.
- He batted .319/.412/.598 with 34 home runs, led the NL with 44 doubles for the second year in a row, and led the majors in RBIs (126) in 2019.
- He hit key home runs in Games 6 and 7 of the World Series and his 8 RBI for the 2019 World Series were the most by a Nationals player.
- Rendon and Nationals’ star pitcher Stephen Strasburg both entered free agency following the 2019 World Series.
- He agreed to a 7-year $245 million contract with the Los Angeles Angels on 11th December 2019.
- Rendon’s 6.7 WAR (wins above replacement) in 2019 ranks only behind Mike Trout’s 8.4 WAR and above all Angels’ players from 2012 to 2019.
How much is Anthony Rendon’s net worth?
Anthony Rendon is a very talented baseball player. With his career, he has accumulated a huge amount of money. Recently, he signed a 1-year contract with Nationals in the year 2019. The contract worth $18,800,000 includes an average annual salary of $18,800,000 which makes him the second best-paid player of the team only behind Max Scherzer and Stephen Strasburg. Whereas, his earning was $5.8 Million in 2017 and $12.5 Million in 2018. He has a net worth of $20 Million as of 2019. At present, there is no information regarding his cars. His major source of income is from his baseball player. With his earnings, he must be living a luxurious and lavish lifestyle.
Who is the Wife of Anthony Rendon?
Putting some lights in his personal life, his personal life is as smooth as his career; there are no any difficulties and problems in his private life. Anthony Rendon is a married person. He married his long-time girlfriend, Amanda Rodriguez on 25th November 2017. The wedding ceremony was held at The Corinthian in Houston in the appearance of a large number of guests. The duo had been dating for several years and the couple was seen together many times. On 26th July 2018, the duo was blessed with their first child, Emma. He is leading a blissful and happy family life. His wife understands his profession and gives him the freedom to do his work the way he wants. Both of them respect each other and it’s visible. The couples are less likely to divorce, however, it’s too early to predict anything. He is doing fabulous in his career.
How tall is Anthony Rendon?
Anthony Rendon is a very cool person with a charming smile on his face attracting a lot of people towards him. He also has a short beard around his mouth which makes him even more handsome. He stands at the perfect height of 1.83 m with a balanced body weight of 88 Kg. His other body measurements have not been revealed yet but it will be added once we get details about it. His body build is athletic and he maintains his body a lot. Overall, he has got a very healthy body.