Athing Mu is an American professional athlete and middle-distance runner who has multiple records in the U20 races. In 2019, at the age of 16, she kept a world U20 the best record in the indoor 600 meters. She set the world U20 records in the women’s indoor 800 meters in early 2021 with a time of 1:58.40 sec. Her time over 600 meters, 1:23.57, is the second-fastest ever run indoors and the second-fastest run by an American woman in any condition.
What is Athing Mu Famous For?
- Being a professional athlete and middle-distance runner.
Where is Athing Mu From?
Athing Mu was born on 8 June 2002. Her birthplace is Trenton, New Jersey, U.S. Detail about her parents has been kept secret and not been disclosed yet. She was the second youngest of seven siblings. Her family is of South Sudanese heritage. She holds British nationality. Her horoscope sign is Gemini.
Source: [email protected]
Athing Mu Career
- She started her career as a middle-distance runner.
- In 2019, at the age of 16, she kept a world U20 the best record in the indoor 600 meters.
- On 24 February 2019, she broke the American women’s record at the 600-meter event at the 2019 USA Indoor Track and Field Championships with a time of 1:23.57. She bested the previous American women’s record of 1:23.59 held by Alysia Montano and nearly broke the women’s world record of 1:23.44, held by Olga Kotlyarova.
- On 6 February 2021, she ran indoor 50.52 in the women’s 400 meters, which was 0.3 seconds faster than Sanya Richards’ official world U20 record ratified by World Athletics. However, her time was slower than the 50.36 set by fellow American Sydney McLaughlin, which was not able to meet the standards for world record ratification.
- On 27 February 2021, she ran 1:58.40 in the 800 meters to set an indoor collegiate and world U20 record. She bested the previous collegiate record by more than two seconds.
Source: [email protected]
- On 27 April 2021, she set the 800 meter USA collegiate record with a time of 1:57.73 in Waco, Texas, running outdoors.
- At the 2021 NCAA Championships in Eugene, Oregon on June 12, 2021, she lowered her Collegiate All-time Record mark to 49.57 in winning the 400m, before anchoring the Texas A&M Women’s 4x400m relay squad to victory and a new collegiate record of 3:22.34 later in the day.
- She qualified for the 2020 Tokyo Olympics in the 800 meters, placing first at the US Olympic trials held in Eugene, Oregon with a time of 1:56.07 min, which was the 2nd fastest result in American history, the events’ record world-leading time.
Athing Mu Boyfriend
Looking at her personal life, she is too young to get married. She is focusing on her professional career as a swimmer. She might be dating a handsome boy at present or might be single. Any updates on her love life will be updated here.
Athing Mu Height and Weight
Athing Mu stands at a height of 1.78m i.e. 5 feet and 10 inches tall. She has a bodyweight of 56kg. She has an athletic body build. Her eye color and hair color are black. Her sexual orientation is straight.
Athing Mu Net Worth
Athing Mu earns from her professional career as a middle-distance runner. Her income is from contracts, salaries, bonuses, and endorsements. As of 2021, her estimated net worth is about $1 million.