Aymeric Jean Louis Gérard Alphonse Laporte shortly named Aymeric Laporte is a professional footballer. He is playing for his current team, Premier League club Manchester City and the Spanish national team. His playing position is Centre-back. He started his soccer journey with the youth setup of SU Agen Football. In November 2012, he made his professional debut with Athletic Bilbao in a UEFA Europa League match against Hapoel Ironi Kiryat Shmona F.C. He played the full match as his side won by 2-0. In January 2018, he made his Premier League debut for Manchester City in a home match against West Bromwich Albion. They won the match by 3-0. In the year 2018, he made his first web show appearance in the Amazon web show, All or Nothing: Manchester City. He was part of the side which won the first domestic treble in English men’s football in 2019. In 2021, after receiving Spanish citizenship and approval from FIFA to switch national teams, Laporte was named in Spain’s squad for UEFA Euro 2020. He has won 51 caps for the country, France at youth international levels. His shirt number/jersey number is 14 for Manchester City and 24 for the Spanish national team.
Barcelona is interested in Man City defender Aymeric Laporte
Manchester City defender Aymeric Laporte has taken to social media to hit out at reports linking him with a move to Barcelona. He joined City from Athletic Bilbao in January 2018 and has since had an extremely productive career with the Blues, winning three Premier League titles, four EFL Cups and an FA Cup. Since Laporte has been used sparingly with Portuguese defender Ruben Dias and Stones the preferred partnership in City’s back-line. This limited game time has resulted in numerous reports linking him with a move away from the Etihad with Spanish outlet Mundo Deportivo (reported by Dani Lopez) claiming that Laporte is unhappy at City and favours a move to Barcelona this summer.
- Being a French footballer who is playing for Manchester City.
- Being one of the finest young central defenders in the European Top Flights.
- Being considered one of the most technically gifted central defenders during his stay in Spain.
What is the Nationality of Aymeric Laporte?
On 27th May 1994, Aymeric Laporte was born in Agen, Aquitaine, France. His real name/full name is Aymeric Jean Louis Gérard Alphonse Laporte. He holds French nationality and his ethnicity is French-white. His race is white and he has basque ancestry through his great-grandparents. As of 2021, he celebrated his 27th birthday with his dear one. Gemini is his Zodiac sign and he follows the Christianity religion. About his parents, he was born to his father, Lionel and his mother whose name is still a mystery. He also has a sibling, a sister named Alexia; who has also played soccer. His father used to play rugby and soccer. His mother used to play soccer.
During his childhood, Laporte began playing football and rugby at the age of five and began his development at SU Agen Football. In the year 2009, he was invited to join Athletic Bilbao after being scouted; by arrangement with the club, he spent a season with Aviron Bayonnais FC as he was too young to move outside France at the time. In 2010, he arrived in Bilbao formally.
For which team, Aymeric Laporte is playing for?
- In the year 2010, Laporte joined Athletic’s youth setup at Lezama and played for the club’s youth and reserve teams.
- On 28th November 2012, he was given his debut with the main squad by manager Marcelo Bielsa, playing the full 90 minutes in a 2-0 away win against Hapoel Ironi Kiryat Shmona F.C. in that season’s UEFA Europa League.
- On 9th December 2012, he made his first La Liga appearance by appearing one minute in a 1-0 home win over Celta de Vigo.
- Then, he promoted to the first team shortly after, signing a new contract until 2015 on 14th January 2013.
- He was given the number 4 jersey previously worn by Ustaritz.
- He also renewed his contract, running until 2016 and with a €27.5 million release clause.
- He became a regular starter under new coach Ernesto Valverde.
- He scored his first goal as a professional on 28th October 2013, netting the games only at Getafe CF.
- He was also voted into the La Liga Team of the Year by the reporters of the Liga de Fútbol Profesional.
- In June 2015, he extended his link until 2019 with a release clause of €50 million.
- After losing the final of the Copa del Rey to FC Barcelona, he played both legs of the year’s Supercopa de España triumph against the same opposition, Athletic’s first silverware for 31 years.
- On 13th June 2016, he renewed his contract until 2020, with his buyout clause rising to an initial €65 million.
- Later, he signed for Manchester City for a reported fee of £57 million (his contractual release clause amount and a record-breaking figure for both clubs) in 2018.
- He was given the number 14 shirt and made his Manchester City and Premier League debut against West Bromwich Albion.
- He went on to make 13 appearances throughout the season for City making a total of nine league appearances meaning he was eligible for a winner’s medal.
- He scored his first goal for City on 25th August 2018, equalizing against Wolverhampton Wanderers in a 1-1 away draw.
- For the 2018-2019 season, he made 51 appearances. The club also completed the first domestic treble in English football history (Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup, plus the Community Shield).
- He scored five goals throughout the season and played a total of 4,352 minutes.
- On 31st August 2019, he faced injury to his right knee, causing him to be carried off on a stretcher. He underwent surgery in September 2019.
- He returned from injury during the 2019-2020 season and played against Tottenham Hotspur on 21st November 2020.
- On 25th April 2021, he headed in the only goal of the game as City beat Tottenham to win their fourth straight EFL Cup.
How was the International Career of Aymeric Laporte?
- Aymeric Laporte has represented France at under-17, under-18, under-19, and under-21 levels as a captain for all.
- What’s more, he was also a part of the team that came runners-up to Serbia in the 2013 UEFA European Under-19 Championship in Lithuania.
- On 24th March 2016, in a 2017 European Under-21 Championship qualifier against Scotland in Angers, Laporte was stretchered off with a fracture and dislocation to his right fibula and ankle, concluding his season prematurely.
- In October 2015, he stated that he would consider representing Spain if rejected by France for UEFA Euro 2016.
- He then began the process of making himself eligible for Spain.
- He was called up to the senior France squad for the 2018 World Cup qualifiers against Bulgaria and the Netherlands in October and stated he had decided not to apply for Spanish nationality with the continued aim of playing for France.
- As of August 2019, he was called up for France’s UEFA Euro 2020 qualifying fixtures against Albania and Andorra. Due to injury, he ruled out any involvement.
- As of May 2021, FIFA approved the change of nationality allowing him to play for Spain at the upcoming UEFA Euro 2020 tournament.
- On 24th May 2021, he was included in Spain’s 24-man squad for Euro 2020.
- On 4th June, he made his Spain debut when he started in a friendly goalless draw with Portugal.
- On 15th June 2021, he played for Spain National Team against Sweden which ended with a score 0-0.
- Manchester City on 29/01/2018 for 65M €
- Athletic Bilbao on 17/12/2012
- Athletic Bilbao B on 01/07/2012
- CD Basconia on 01/07/2011 from Bilbao U19
Who is Aymeric Laporte Dating?
Aymeric Laporte is currently in a relationship with his girlfriend, Sara Botello. By profession, Sara is a professional dancer. He had been dating Sara since his early years at Athletic Bilbao. It has been reported that it was Sara’s family that helped him settle down after he had joined Bilbao. As of today, the couple is enjoying their time a lot. Aymeric is loyal to his girlfriend and Sara is a very supportive lady. His sexual orientation is straight and he is not gay.
What is the Net Worth of Aymeric Laporte?
Aymeric Laporte is a professional football player who has pocketed a huge amount of money from his professional career. As of 2021, the net worth of Aymeric is estimated to have 15 Million euros or 13 Million Pound. On 30th January 2018, he signed a contract with Manchester City that nets him a whopping salary of 7 million euros (6.1 Million Pound) per year. His present market value is €45.00 Million as of 31st May 2021 and his highest market value was €75.00 Million as of June 2019. He has also linked a personal sponsorship deal with Adidas and as per the clauses of the deal, he is required to wear Adidas cleats for his professional matches. He also uses his social media posts to promote Adidas products. His major source of wealth comes from his football career and he is satisfied with his earnings. He is living a luxurious lifestyle.
How tall is Aymeric Laporte?
Aymeric Laporte is an athletic bodybuilder footballer whose height is 6 ft 3 in or 190.5 cm. His well-maintained body weight consists of 82 Kg or 180.5 lbs. His hair color is dark brown and he has a pair of hazel eye colors. He has a prominent nose. His other body size is still to get unfold yet. Overall, he has got a fit and fine body.