Benjamin Thomas Davies, a Welsh professional footballer is excellently known as Ben Davies. He plays as a left-back for Premier League club Tottenham Hotspur and the Wales national team with a jersey number 33. He is best known to soccer fans for his decade spent as a member of Swansea City A.F.C. He joined Tottenham Hotspur in 2004 as well as represented Wales at tournaments like UEFA Euro 2016. Ben made his professional debut for Swansea City in the second Premier League game of the 2012-2013 season against West Ham United, scoring his first professional goal in a 3-1 Premier League win against Stoke City in January 2013. He also won the Football League Cup title with Swansea City in 2013, his first and only championship with the club. As well, he was selected for the Wales squad for the delayed UEFA Euro 2020 tournament in May 2021.
Some spurs fans adore what Ben Davies did in the 91st minute
Some Tottenham Hotspur fans on social media have been fawning over Ben Davies after he stuck up for Joe Rodon as Wales played Turkey on Wednesday. Wales picked up a great win at Euro 2020 on Thursday against Turkey, but unfortunately, there were some ugly scenes in the 91st minute as Burak Yilmaz kicked off with a few Wales players. The scuffle started after Rodon made a fantastic block from a chance that Yilmaz had, and while the Turkish striker was keen to get in Rodon’s face, Davies was there to back him up. Davies and Rodon are of course friends from Tottenham, and it seems as though the left-back has his teammates back.
- Being a Welsh professional footballer.
- For playing as a left-back for Premier League club Tottenham Hotspur and the Wales national team.
What is the Real Name of Ben Davies?
On 24th April 1993, Ben Davies took birth with the real name of Benjamin Thomas Davies under the star sign of Taurus. As he was born in Neath, Wales, he holds Welsh nationality and he belongs to Welsh-white ethnicity. Ben’s religious belief is in the Christian religion. His race is white and he has celebrated his 28th birthday as of 2021. Davies is the second child of his parents, Eryl Davies (mother) and Alun Davies (father). His mother is a housekeeper, whereas his father is an engineer. He also has a sister named Hannah Davies.
Regarding Ben’s education, he attended Ysgol Gyfun Ystalyfera.
How was the Football Career of Ben Davies?
- Ben Davies began his football career in the youth academy at Swansea City where he made his first-team debut against West Ham United for the Premier League on 25th August 2012, coming on as an 84th-minute substitute for Neil Taylor in a 3-0 home win.
- He signed a new three-and-a-half-year contract with Swansea on 23rd November 2012 and scored his first goal for Swansea against Stoke City in a 3-1 victory on 19th January 2013.
- He then became Swansea’s youngest scorer in the Premier League and signed a one-year contract extension on 24th December 2013, keeping him at Swansea until June 2017.
- Ben joined Tottenham Hotspur on a five-year contract for an undisclosed fee on 23rd July 2014 and made his Premier League debut for Tottenham Hotspur as a late substitute in a 0-3 defeat to Liverpool.
- On 23rd November 2014, he made his first start for the club in the league in a 2-1 away win at Hull City however, he became an unused substitute for the 2015 League Cup Final at Wembley Stadium on 1st March 2015, in which Tottenham was beaten 2-0 by Chelsea.
- He scored his first goal for the club on 8th January 2017, a header in an FA Cup tie against Aston Villa, and signed a new four-year contract at Tottenham on 9th March 2017, extending his deal to 2021.
- Ben scored his second Tottenham goal and his first for them in the Premier League against Hull City on the final day of the 2016-2017 season as well as he signed a new 5-year contract with Tottenham in July 2019.
- Later, he also scored his first goal of the 2020-2021 season, his first in over three years, in the Carabao Cup tie against Stoke City, helping the team win 3-1 to reach the semi-finals.
- Ben Davies was selected for the Wales squad for the 2014 FIFA World Cup qualification matches in September 2012 and made his full international debut in the 2-1 win against Scotland on 12th October 2012.
- As well, he was selected for the Wales squad for the delayed UEFA Euro 2020 tournament in May 2021.
- Liverpool 01/02/2021 for 570k €
- Preston North End 31/05/2017 at the End of loan
- Fleetwood Town 02/01/2017 for loan
- Preston North End 31/05/2016 at the End of loan
- Newport County 07/01/2016 for loan
- Preston North End 19/10/2015 at the End of loan
- Southport 11/09/2015 for loan
- Preston North End 19/10/2014 at the End of loan
- Tranmere Rovers 19/09/2014 for loan
- Preston North End 31/05/2014 at the End of loan
- York City 19/07/2013 for loan
- Preston North End 01/07/2013 From Preston U18
Awards and Achievements
- Football League Cup: 2012-2013
- Football League Cup runner-up: 2014-2015
- UEFA Champions League runner-up: 2018-2019
- China Cup runner-up: 2018
Who is Ben Davies dating?
Unmarried footballer, Ben Davies is currently in a romantic relationship with his beautiful girlfriend Emily Caplan. Emily is a London-based interior designer. They usually flaunt pictures alongside each other via their respective Instagram handles. The pair have been together ever since the beginning of 2019 and their relationship is stronger till now. Hope their love for each other remains as same as in the future too. Concerning Ben’s sexual orientation, he is straight.
How much is Ben Davies Net Worth?
The net worth of versatile guy Ben Davies is 13 million euros (11.5 million pounds) as of 2021 whereas his current market value is around 16 million euros. He earns a salary of 60,000 pounds per week and 3,120,000 pounds per year. He also gets a decent pay-roll while representing Wales on the international stage. In addition, his major source of income is his football career.
How tall is Ben Davies?
Ben Davies is a handsome footballer who is 5 ft 11 in (1.81 m) tall. He has 168 lb / 76 kg of body weight with an athletic body build. His physique combined with his perfect height and masculine look takes him to the top of the desired list in the young gen women. Ben has attractive brown hair and hazel eyes color.