Benzino is an American urban media proprietor, television personality, rapper, as well as a record producer who is famous for appearing on the VH1 reality TV series “Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta” and TV One original series “The Next:15”. He became an executive in the industry through producing records (as part of the production team Hangmen 3) and co-owning the magazine The Source. He is also active on Instagram with followers of more than 1.2 Million under the account head of @iambenzino.
- Being an American urban media proprietor, television personality, rapper, and record producer.
- Having a feud with Eminem, and creating multiple diss tracks such as Pull Your Skirt Up, Die Another Day, and others.
- Being a founding member of rap groups Made Men and The Almighty RSO.
- For appearing in a TV show named Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta from 2012 to 2014.
What is the Ethnicity of Benzino?
Benzino was born with the birth name of Raymond Leon Scott on 18th July 1965, in Boston, Massachusetts, the USA. He holds American nationality and his ethnicity is mixed as he is the son of a Cape Verdean and German mother and a Puerto Rican and African American father. He considered Edward DeJesus to be his father figure, especially in the duration of DeJesus’s incarceration. He also has two siblings; sisters namely Anita Scott-Wilson and Maureen Scott. Maureen took up medicine to become a medical doctor and Anita Scott-Wilson studied veterinarian medicine at the Tuskegee Institute for a nine-year period, in order to receive her master’s degree. Cancer is his Zodiac sign and his religion is Christianity.
About his education, Benzino graduated from Columbian University and specialized in Journalism.
How was the Career of Benzino?
- Benzino began his career as a rapper as he has said one of the primary inspirations to enter the genre of rap stems from his fondness of the film “Wild Style”.
- He was also a founding member of rap groups “the Almighty RSO” and “Made Men”. After a short period of time, he became a solo artist.
- His studio albums are The Benzino Project (2001), Redemption (2003), Arch Nemesis (2005), The Antidote (2007).
- As a TV personality, he has appeared on the reality television show “Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta”, since 2012.
- He released a new single titled “The Bigger Picture” with an accompanying music video on YouTube on 4th September 2020.
- Apart from this, Benzino is also known for involving in a widely publicized feud with rapper Eminem, since Benzino called him “2003 Vanilla Ice” in 2003.
- Since then, the pair have been creating diss tracks about each other, including Benzino’s “Pull Your Skirt Up” and “Die Another Day”. Benzino released a diss mixtape Benzino Presents: Die Another Day: Flawless Victory, disparaging Eminem and his record label.
- Since 2016, he appears in the American reality television series “The Next:15” and has made appearances in other several TV shows and programs as well.
Who is Benzino Dating?
Benzino is an unmarried man and he is currently single as of today. He is focusing on his career at present and there is also no news and rumors about him dating anyone recently. Back then, he had a brief encounter with the American adult model Jenna Shea. He was also in a relationship with Karlie Redd, a well-known reality TV contestant at some point before 2014. After that, Benzino dated Althea Heart and quickly got engaged in the year 2014. Sadly, they separated in December 2015, and have been fighting publicly over the years. They appeared together on Season 6 of the television show “Marriage Boot Camp” chronicling their broken relationship. Benzino and Althea were also blessed with a child named Zino Antonio (born November 22, 2015). In late 2018, the son was taken from Benzino’s custody due to problems with the law he faced, and he mentioned not seeing his son for days or even weeks in February 2019. He also has a daughter named Brittany but the name of his children’s mother is unknown. Coi Leray is also his daughter who is a famous rapper. His sexual orientation is straight and he is not gay. He is enjoying his single life a lot.
Everything You Need To Know About Benzino’s Daughter, Coi Leray
Benzino Arrest and Jail
He was arrested for a bench warrant in DeKalb County, Georgia on 22nd June 2019 and was taken to police headquarters for booking, and was jailed. He launched a racial tirade against a police officer arresting him, who was of Vietnamese descent. The tirade involved multiple racial slurs and maternal insults.
What is the Net Worth of Benzino?
Multi-talented urban media proprietor, television personality, rapper, and record producer, Benzino’s net worth is estimated to have $13 Million as of 2021 but there is no information regarding his salary details but there is no doubt in the mind of his followers that he is making a considerable amount of money from his career work. His major source of wealth comes from the entertainment industry. Most of this money is received by his album’s release and others by the appearances he made in American Television shows. He is living a lavish lifestyle from his earnings. Additionally, he has also endorsed brands such as Daekshin Jeans, Chemical Baby Clothing, Adidas, and many more.
How tall is Benzino?
Benzino is a cool man with a muscular body build. He has a perfect height of 5 feet 3 inches and his body weighs 77 KG. He has dark brown hair and a pair of black eyes. He often bleaches his hair ends ‘Blonde’. He has a strong jawline with arched eyebrows with a lot of tattoos inked. He maintained his body a lot by doing frequent exercise. Whereas his exact body measurements are still a mystery.
Back on 29th March 2014, he was shot in the shoulder and back by his nephew Gai Scott. The shooting took place in the town of Duxbury, Massachusetts, at his mother’s funeral.