William Maher famed as Bill Maher is a famous American comedian, political commentator, as well as television host who is famous for the HBO political talk, show Real Time with Bill Maher (2003-present) and the similar late-night show called Politically Incorrect (1993-2002), originally on Comedy Central and later on ABC. In 2005, Maher ranked at number 38 on Comedy Central’s 100 greatest stand-up comedians of all time. He received a Hollywood Walk of Fame star on 14th September 2010. Overall, he is a very talented comedian.
Megyn Kelly, Bill Maher agree on ‘Real Time’: ‘The media’s so messed up right now’
HBO’s Bill Maher and former Fox News and NBC host Megyn Kelly agreed that the news media is “completely biased” during an interview on HBO’s “Real Time” on Friday. Kelly argued during the segment that too many journalists allow their personal feelings to be presented, while Maher asserted that “money and conflict” guide the bias. “The media’s so messed up right now, it’s disheartening to me. And I’ve felt this way for a long time,” Kelly told Maher after receiving a warm welcome from Maher’s live studio audience. “Not just since Trump. And I know Trump’s rhetoric is too strong, the ‘enemy of the people’ and all that, and I know why he says it. There are still amazing journalists out there doing great work. But the media is completely biased.” “You worked for Fox News. I think there’s another side to the story,” Maher countered. “Of course, Bill. Of course. But Fox News was born and did so well because the rest of the media was so biased to the left,” Kelly noted. Kelly has a husband and three young children, which she cited as one of the reasons she wanted to leave primetime at Fox News.
- Famous for his political satire and sociopolitical commentary.
- Being the famous Stand-up Comedian.
Who are the Parents of Bill Maher?
Bill Maher was born on 20th January 1956 in New York City, New York, the USA as William Maher. As of 2020, he celebrated his 64th birthday. He holds an American nationality and his ethnicity is White. His religion is Roman Catholic and his birth sign is Aquarius. He was born to his father William Aloysius Maher Jr. who was a network news editor and radio announcer, and his mother, Julie Maher who was a nurse. He also has a sister named Kathy Maher. He attended Pascack Hills High School in Montvale in 1974 and then attended Cornell University, where he double-majored in English and history, and graduated in 1978.
How was Bill Maher’s Career?
- Maher started his career as a comedian and actor and he became the host of the New York City comedy club Catch a Rising Star in the year 1979.
- He then began appearing on Johnny Carson’s and David Letterman’s shows in 1982.
- He made limited television appearances including on Sara (1985), Max Headroom (1987), Murder, She Wrote (1989, 1990), and Charlie Hoover (1991).
- His feature film debut was in D.C. Cab (1983).
- He later appeared in Ratboy (1986), House II: The Second Story (1987), Cannibal Women in the Avocado Jungle of Death (1988), Newhart (1988), hosted the talk show Midnight Hour on CBS (1990), and Pizza Man (1991).
- He also host role on ‘Politically Incorrect with Bill Maher’, a late-night political talk show that ran on Comedy Central from 1993 to 1997 and on ABC from 1997 to 2002.
- He has earned numerous award nominations for his producing, writing, and hosting of Politically Incorrect, including ten Emmy nominations, two TV Guide nominations, and two Writers Guild nominations.
- He won an array of awards, including an Emmy Award for Outstanding Technical Direction, two CableACE awards for Best Talk Show Series, and a Genesis Award for Best Television Talk Show with Politically Incorrect.
- On 22nd June 2002, he received the Los Angeles Press Club president’s award (for “championing free speech”).
- In the year 2003, he became the host, co-producer, and co-writer of ‘Real Time with Bill Maher’, a weekly hour-long political comedy talk show on the cable television network HBO.
- In the year 2007, he and his co-producers were awarded the Television Producer of the Year Award in Variety Television by the Producers Guild of America.
- He holds the record for the most Emmy nominations without a win, having been nominated on 22 occasions and not winning once.
- He is a frequent commentator on various cable news networks, including CNN, MSNBC, Fox News, and HLN.
- Bill Maher and director Larry Charles teamed up to make the movie Religulous, It was released on 3rd October 2008.
- In the year 2013, he became one of the executive producers for the HBO newsmagazine series Vice.
- In the 2016 U.S. presidential election, he initially endorsed Senator Bernie Sanders on 5th February 2016.
- He later announced his support for Hillary Clinton after Sanders had lost the Democratic Party primary elections.
- He then criticized WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange for publishing leaks from the DNC’s emails, saying: “I really feel like he’s lost his way a little, and he hates Hillary” in October 2016.
- He said to Hillary Clinton: “Hillary, stay in the woods. Okay. You had your shot. You f*cked it up. You’re Bill Buckner. We had the World Series, and you let the grounder go through your legs. Let someone else have the chance” on 31st March 2017.
- In addition to this, he also said the economic recession would be ‘worth it’ if Donald Trump doesn’t get re-elected in 2020. He said: “We have survived many recessions. We can’t survive another Donald Trump term.”
- In 2019, he denounced the anti-Israel Boycott, Divestment, and Sanctions, saying: “It’s predicated on this notion … I think it’s very shallow thinking that the Jews in Israel are mostly white and Palestinians are mostly brown, so they must be innocent and correct and the Jews must be wrong.”
- In November 2018 and January 2019, he stated in a blog post, in an interview with Larry King, and during a “New Rules” segment of Real Time with Bill Maher, that he questions Stan Lee’s legacy, that comic books are not literature, and that adult fans of comic books “need to grow up”.
Is Bill Maher Married or Unmarried?
Bill Maher is an unmarried person. But he dated former Playboy Cyber Girl Coco Johnsen in 2003 and ended their relationship in 2004. He then began dating Karrine Steffans, best-selling author and former hip hop model in 2005 and in 2014, he was dating Ontario-born singer Anjulie Persaud. In 2015, he was also in a romantic relationship with Anjulie Persaud. Regarding marriage, he quoted on his website saying, “I’m the last of my guy friends to have never gotten married, and their wives, they don’t want them playing with me. I’m like the escaped slave, I bring news of freedom.” At present, he is living a single life happily without any disturbances. His sexual orientation is straight and he is not gay as well.
What is the Net Worth of Bill Maher?
The net worth of this famous comedian will be surely in millions. Bill Maher is a very successful person and he is one of the richest comedians in the world. As of 2020, his Net worth is $100 Million. His income includes TV shows, TV series, Movies, various comedy specials and many more. But his exact salary has not been revealed yet but it will be added soon once we get information about it. Overall, he is satisfied with his earnings.
How tall is Bill Maher?
Being at the age of sixty-four, Bill Maher has maintained his body a lot and he looks very handsomely with a slim body build. He stands at a height of 5 ft 8 in tall with a height of 74 kg. His hair color is salt and pepper due to his age and his eye color is grey. His other body measurements will be added soon.