Brenden Aaronson is an American professional soccer player. He plays for Premier League club Leeds United and the United States national team. He plays as an attacking midfielder or winger for his team. He started his professional career with Bethlehem Steel in 2017. He played for Philadelphia Union and Red Bull Salzburg before joining Leeds United. He has also played in Philadelphia Union’s YSC Academy as a high schooler. His performances for the Philadelphia Union and Red Bull Salzburg earned him the nickname “Medford Messi”, an alliteration that refers to his birthplace and makes a comparison with Argentine player Lionel Messi. His shirt number is #7 for his current team.
What is Brendon Aaronson Famous For?
- Brendon Aaronson is a soccer player from the USA.
- He is famous for playing as an attacking midfielder or winger for Leeds United and the United National Team.
Where is Brendon Aaronson From?
Brendon Aaronson was born on 22nd October 2000 making him the present age of 22 as of 2022. His born name is Brenden Russell Aaronson. He is from Medford, New Jersey, USA. By nationality, he is American and his ethnicity is American-White. He is the son of his father, Rusty Aaronson, and his mother, Janell Aaronson. He has two siblings – Paxten and Jaden. His brother, Paxten Aaronson plays for the Philadelphia Union.
For his education, he attended Shawnee High School for a year before being selected to the Philadelphia Union’s YSC Academy, where he played soccer and completed his high school education. During his time at YSC Academy, he had played for Union’s youth teams before committing to Indiana University and signing an amateur contract with Bethlehem Steel FC.
How was the Career of Brenden Aaronson?
- Initially, Brenden Aaronson played as an academy player for Bethlehem Steel FC during their 2017 season.
- He made his first start for Steel FC against Tampa Bay Rowdies.
- He made 21 appearances for Steel FC.
- He scored his first goal for the professional side against Atlanta United 2.
- On September 17, 2018, it was announced that Aaronson would join the Philadelphia Union at the beginning of their 2019 season.
- He scored his first professional goal in his MLS debut on 17th March 2019, helping Philadelphia tie against Atlanta United.
- He finished second for 2019 MLS Rookie of the year, with three goals and two assists in over 1,640 minutes played at the end of his rookie season.
- His 2020 season became a breakout year for him as he finished the season with 31 appearances across all competitions and scoring 4 goals.
- The Union finished the season with the best league record earning the team’s first trophy, the 2020 Supporters’ Shield.
Red Bull Salzburg
- On October 16, 2020, it was announced that Aaronson would join Red Bull Salzburg effective January 2021 after the MLS season ended.
- Whereas the transfer fee was undisclosed. Early news reports indicated the fee is US$6 million upfront, with US$3 million in possible incentives.
- He made his debut for Salzburg on January 25, as a substitute during a 2–0 victory over Rheindorf Altach.
- He scored his first goal for Salzburg on February 10, 2021 against Austria Wien.
- On 26th May 2022, Leeds United announced the signing of Aaronson on a five-year contract, beginning on July 1.
- Sky Sports reported the transfer fee to be £24.7 million.
- He made his senior league debut for Leeds as part of the starting eleven in their season opener on August 6, with a 2–1 home win over Wolverhampton Wanderers.
- On August 21, he scored his first Premier League goal after forcing an error from Chelsea goalkeeper Édouard Mendy in a 3–0 home win over rivals Chelsea, helping Leeds secure their first victory over the Blues for 20 years.
- Brenden received his first senior call-up to the United States men’s national soccer team in October 2019 for CONCACAF Nations League matches with Cuba and Canada.
- He earned his second call-up to the senior team for the 2020 January camp.
- He earned his full debut in a 1–0 win over Costa Rica. Later that year, Aaronson scored his first senior international goal during a 6–0 victory over El Salvador in December 2020.
Awards and Achievements
- Supporters’ Shield: 2020
Red Bull Salzburg
- Austrian Bundesliga: 2020–21, 2021–22
- Austrian Cup: 2020–21, 2021–22
- CONCACAF Nations League: 2019–20
- MLS is Back Tournament Best XI: 2020
- MLS Best XI: 2020
Who is Brenden Aaronson’s Girlfriend?
Brenden Aaronson is an unmarried man but he is currently reserved by his beautiful girlfriend, Milana D’Ambra. Professionally, Milana is a soccer player. She is an alumnus of Washington Township High School. They met through their friend and started dating in 2018. After a few years of maintaining a long-distance relationship, their love for each other only got stronger. The duo is enjoying their life a lot. His sexual orientation is straight and he is not gay.
How much is Brenden Aaronson’s Net Worth?
Brenden Aaronson is a professional soccer player whose net worth is estimated to have between in the range of $1 Million – $5 Million as of 2022. As of 2022, he receives an annual salary of €1.25 million. His main source of wealth comes from his soccer career and he is living a modest lifestyle right now. He has less interest in stocking up on exotic cars and luxury houses. He prefers to spend his money on tourism with his girlfriend, parents, and siblings whenever he has the time. He has a house and car of his own. In May 2022, he moved to Leeds from Red Bull Salzburg in a transfer worth $30.2 million (£24.7 million), making him the second most expensive American soccer player of all time.
Brenden Aaronson Height and Weight
Brenden Aaronson is a handsome young man with a height of 5 feet 10 inches (178 cm). His body type is athletic. His body weight consists of 150 lbs or 68 KG. His hair color is black and his eye color is brown. He has got a healthy body and he maintains his body a lot by doing frequent exercise.
Leave a Reply