Turkish professional footballer, Caglar Soyuncu plays as a defender for Premier League club Leicester City and the Turkey national team with a jersey number 4 for both. His first senior professional team was the Turkish second division Altınordu whereas he played for SC Freiburg from 2016 to 2018 and then joined Leicester City in 2018. He started off his youth career with Menemen Belediyespor from 2006 to 2011 and joined the Turkey national team in 2014. Caglar scored the winning goal for Leicester City in a 2-1 away victory over Manchester United on 11th May 2021. He has also represented his nation, Turkey in various international tournaments. He will be playing for Turkey against Switzerland on 20th June 2021 in UEFA Euro 2020.
Caglar Soyuncu: Switzerland match is our last chance
Caglar Soyuncu, one of the important names of the National Team, which will face Switzerland in the 3rd match of EURO 2020 Group A, at the Baku Olympic Stadium, made a statement at the press conference. Caglar started his speech by expressing that they were sorry for the results obtained in 2 matches, “We are sorry that we gave these results to those who love us and our people. We have the last match. We want to play this match in the best way, in the way that suits us, and continue with 3 points. Our last chance. All of us.” “We are sorry. A new chance and a new game. We will do the last training and wait for the match,” he said.
- Being a Turkish professional footballer.
- For playing as a defender for Premier League club Leicester City and the Turkey national team.
What is the Nationality of Caglar Soyuncu?
Caglar Soyuncu stepped for the very first time into the world in Izmir, Turkey holding Turkish nationality. He was conceived on 23rd May 1996 under the star sign of Gemini. His religious belief is in the Christian religion. He came from Turkish-white ethnic background. Caglar’s race is white and his present age is 25 which he recently celebrated in 2021. He is the son of his father, Omer Soyuncu whereas his mother’s name is unknown. Caglar has not shared any information regarding his education.
How was the Football Career of Caglar Soyuncu?
- Caglar Soyuncu kicks off his football career with Altinordu in the TFF First League where he was linked with Besiktas J.K., Galatasaray S.K. and Sevilla FC. However, the 20-year-old Turkish national player selected the Bundesliga because he thought it was a better choice for his career and his improvement.
- Caglar joined German side SC Freiburg in the 2016 Bundesliga summer transfer window on 24th May 2016 as he is the first Turkish footballer who made a transfer to the Bundesliga directly from the TFF First League.
- He made his Bundesliga debut on week 1 encounter away against Hertha Berlin which ended in a 2-1 loss, on 28th August 2016.
- Soyuncu joined English Premier League side Leicester City on a five-year contract on 9th August 2018 and signed for an apparent £18 million transfer fee, possibly rising to £20 million with add-ons.
- On 27th October 2018, he had his Premier League debut at the King Power Stadium where Leicester shared points with West Ham United following the final score of 1-1.
- He then scored his first Premier League goal in Leicester’s 11th game of the 2019-2020 season on 3rd November 2019 against Crystal Palace at Selhurst Park, a 2-0 win.
- Caglar scored the winning goal for Leicester City in a 2-1 away victory over Manchester United on 11th May 2021, to be their first win at Old Trafford since 1998.
- Caglar Soyuncu was called up to Turkey national football team by coach Fatih Terim in November 2015 as he is the first Altinordu player called up to Turkey national football team after 78 years.
- He is also the first player called up to the national team from any Izmir-based football clubs since 1997.
- He was a reserve for the friendly game against Greece on 17th November 2015, but stayed on the bench and did not actually get a chance to play.
- Later he was called to the national squad for friendly games against Sweden and Austria on 18th March 2016.
- He earned his first senior national team cap on 24th March 2016, Thursday and scored his first senior international goal on a friendly game against Tunisia, held at Stade de Geneve, Geneva, Switzerland on 1st June 2018.
- Additionally, Caglar also played against Norway for the 2022 FIFA World Cup qualification on 27th March 2021.
- Leicester City 09/08/2018 for 21M €
- SC Freiburg 01/07/2016 for 2.7M €
- Altınordu 01/07/2014 for free
- B. Yesiltepe 03/01/2013 From Bucaspor Yth for free
Awards and Achievements
- PFA Team of the Year: 2019-2020 Premier League
Who is Caglar Soyuncu Dating?
Caglar Soyuncu is an unmarried guy. There is also not much about his private relation and girlfriend as he always maintains a distance in his personal life and media. He is currently living a single life. Since he is still unmarried and single there isn’t any chance of him being through a divorce. Hope the reason behind living a single life is to focus on a victorious career. Talking about Caglar’s sexual orientation, he is straight.
What is the Net Worth of Caglar Soyuncu?
The net worth of talented footballer, Caglar Soyuncu is 12.5 million euros (10.8 million pounds) as of 2021. His current market value is €45 million as of May 2021 which is also his highest market value. Soyuncu signed a 5 year / £11,700,000 contract with Leicester City, including an annual average salary of £2,340,000. In 2021, he will earn a base salary of £2,340,000, while carrying a cap hit of £2,340,000. In addition, his major source of income is his football career.
How tall is Caglar Soyuncu?
Standing at a tall height of 1.85 m (6 ft 1 in), Caglar Soyuncu’s body weighs around 82 kg. His physique combined with his perfect height and masculine look takes him to the top of the desired list in the young gen women. He has black hair and dark brown eyes color. Soyuncu’s body build is athletic.