Carly Rae Jepsen is a Canadian singer, songwriter, and actress who is well known for her debut single “Call Me Maybe,” which reached #1 on the U.S. and Canadian Billboards while receiving over 400 million YouTube views. She is also known for portraying Frenchy in the 2016 Fox broadcast of “Grease Live!”. Her first hit “Tug of War” was named the Song of the Year at the Canadian Radio Music Awards which was launched under MapleMusic on 30th September 2008. She also appeared in the Canadian reality television singing competition, “Canadian Idol” in its fifth season in 2007. She finished in 3rd place. Carly also worked at Trees Organic Coffee as a barista and pastry chef assistant, starting its open mic night. Additionally, she released “It’s Not Christmas Till Somebody Cries” which peaked at 11 on the US Holiday Digital Songs char on 30th October 2020.
Carly Rae Jepsen reflects on 10 years of “Call Me Maybe”
Carly Rae Jepsen has reflected on 10 years of her hit song ‘Call Me Maybe’ – admitting it was “like a lightning bolt” to her life. The 35-year-old singer shot to fame following the release of the catchy tune on 20th September 2011, and she has recalled feeling “giddy” the first time she heard people talking about her music when she was working as a waitress, even though they weren’t being very complimentary about her tunes. She wrote on Instagram: “‘Call Me Maybe’ was like a lightning bolt to my little life. I can remember waitressing one day not too long before things picked up and hearing one of the tables outside talk about my music. The table was seated with about 12 people who had all returned from a camping trip in Canada and had sung along to the radio the whole time. I think it was an earlier song that only played in Canada) called ‘Tug of War’ that was on repeat a lot back then and they were not exactly fans. A direct quote I overheard was something like, ‘This girl Carly Rae Jepsen was on repeat over and over our whole trip and we are so sick of it.’ Some of them sang the song in a mocking voice, oblivious to the fact that I was serving them food.
“So I poured the wine, engaged shyly behind my big floppy bangs, and hoped/prayed to not be recognized as their ahem waitress. But then something warm in my belly began to make me feel giddy because this was the first time I had heard someone else know my name or my music. I skipped behind the bar and excitedly explained to my manager that, ‘These people outside KNOW ME! Okay, they don’t know ME per se but they know my MUSIC! (A giggle.) And they HATE IT but they KNOW IT and I’m kinda weirdly proud of that!’ “That night before they left I printed off their bill and signed my name confidently in bold letters on the back of the receipt. I said, ‘Thanks for letting me take care of you tonight! Also, I signed the back of your receipt since I hear you are all such big fans!’ Their jaws dropped, we had a laugh, and I may have received a slightly bigger tip than usual. “The point is, don’t give up on your dreams, kids. Not three months later ‘Call Me Maybe’ was released and let’s just say I hope that song really annoyed them. Hehe. (sic)” She added: “Mostly I want to say thank you all for the joyous videos, silly dances, and wild nights together in different countries! You have opened my world and my heart with this adventure of a song and I could not be more grateful to you all. “To Josh and Tavish who helped me pen this bad boy… who would have thunk it, hey? When lightning strikes feel lucky and feel grateful. I know I do every single day! Also, I know my former boss is very relieved because I was a TERRIBLE waitress. (sic)”
- Being a Canadian singer, songwriter, and actress.
- For her debut single “Call Me Maybe”.
What is Carly Rae Jepsen Nationality?
Carly Rae Jepsen was born on 21st November 1985 in Mission, British Columbia, Canada. She holds Canadian nationality and she belongs to mixed ethnicity as she is of Danish, English, and Scottish descent. Similarly, her religion is Christian and her race is white. Carly’s present age is 35 which she celebrated back in 2020. As per her birth date, her zodiac sign is Scorpio. She is the daughter of her father, Alexandra Lanzarotta, and her mother, Larry Jepsen. She has two siblings named Colin Jepsen (Brother), Katie Jepsen (Sister).
Talking about Carly’s education, she attended Heritage Park Secondary School whereas she later applied to music-related programs, including those at Capilano University and the University of British Columbia.
What does Carly Rae Jepsen do for a living?
- Carly Rae Jepsen began her career auditioning for “Canadian Idol” in 2007 as her demo recording attracted the attention of music manager Jonathan Simkin, who signed Jepsen to a management deal with 604 Records that year.
- She then released her debut single, a cover of John Denver’s song “Sunshine on My Shoulders”, in June 2008 whereas her debut album, “Tug of War”, was released in September 2008, and sold 10,000 copies in Canada.
- She recorded material for her second album with Josh Ramsay, Ryan Stewart, and Tavish Crow, her co-writer of “Call Me Maybe” in 2011, and the track “Call Me Maybe” was released in September of that year. The song was included on Jepsen’s six-track EP, “Curiosity”, released in February 2012 in Canada.
- She recorded the duet “Good Time” with Owl City, released in June 2012 which peaked at number eight on the Billboard Hot 100 and preceded Jepsen’s second album, “Kiss”, released in September 2012, and reached top ten chart positions in Australia, the UK, and the US.
- In 2012, she starred on the fifth-season premiere episode of The CW primetime soap opera “90210”, and became a spokesperson for clothing retailer Wet Seal.
- During 2014, Carly performed in the Broadway production of “Rodgers & Hammerstein’s Cinderella” for 12 weeks as well as she launched her third album’s lead single, “I Really Like You”, in March 2015.
- As well, she played Frenchy in “Grease Live”, Fox’s live television presentation of the musical “Grease” in January 2016, and recorded the theme song for the Netflix series “Fuller House” in late 2015.
- In 2016, she appeared on The Knocks’ debut album “55” and she released “Emotion: Side B” in August of the following year.
- Jepsen appeared as the opening act for Katy Perry’s Witness: The Tour in January and February 2018 as well as she launched her fourth album, “Dedicated” on 17th May 2019.
- The companion album “Dedicated Side B” was released on 21st May 2020 and following its release, Jepsen also confirmed the same month that she was making a “quarantine album” with songwriter Tavish Crowe with whom she wrote, “Call Me Maybe”.
- She released “It’s Not Christmas Till Somebody Cries” which peaked at 11 on the US Holiday Digital Songs chart on 30th October 2020.
- Furthermore, Carly was scheduled to perform at the Boy Scouts of America 2013 National Scout Jamboree, along with the band Train, but in March 2013, both cited the BSA policy on homosexuals as a barrier to their performance.
- The Summer Kiss Tour (2013)
- Gimmie Love Tour (2015-2016)
- The Dedicated Tour (2019-2020)
- Marianas Trench, The New Cities, and The Mission District – Beside You Tour (2009)
- Hanson – Shout It Out World Tour (Canadian dates) (2012)
- Justin Bieber – Believe Tour (North American, European, and South American dates) (2012-2013)
- Hedley – Hello World Tour (Canadian dates) (2016)
- Katy Perry – Witness: The Tour (North American dates) (2018)
Who is Carly Rae Jepsen Dating?
Carly Rae Jepsen is an unmarried lady. She is in a romantic relationship with her handsome boyfriend David Larkins. They began dating sometime in 2015. It seems that she is comfortable keeping her personal life open to the public. It shows how she loves her fans and leaves no page unturned to make them know what they want. Concerning Carly’s sexual orientation, she is straight.
How much is Carly Rae Jepsen Net Worth?
Carly Rae Jepsen has a net worth of $10 million as of 2021 whereas she has also a handsome amount of salary which is also in millions of dollars per year. She’s among those few individuals that have such a wide range of experience and remains true to whatever she embarks on. She has reached great heights in her career already and she still has a lot more to do. In addition, Carly’s major source of income is from her singing career.
What is the Height of Carly Rae Jepsen?
Carly Rae Jepsen stands at an ideal height of 5 ft 2 in or 157 cm with a perfect body weight of 52 kg or 115 pounds. She has good-looking blonde hair and blue eyes color. She has a slim body build with 34-25-32 in or 86-63.5-81 cm of body measurement.