Cassandra Peterson is a talented American actress, writer, and singer who is well known for her portrayal of the horror hostess character in the film, “Elvira, Mistress of the Dark”. She also worked in several Italian films Federico Fellini’s “Roma” and performed as a lead singer in Italian Rock Band whereas she previously worked as a drag queen go-go dancer in a Colorado Springs, Colorado gay bar. She became much famous as a host in the KHJ-TV of Los Angeles in the weekly horror series “Elvira Movie Macabre.” Moreover, she has recently released her memoir, “Yours Cruelly, Elvira: Memoirs of the Mistress of the Dark”, on 21st September 2021.
Cassandra Peterson accuses Wilt Chamberlain of sexual assault in new memoir
Cassandra Peterson is telling her story of sexual assault in her new memoir, “Yours Cruelly, Elvira: Memoirs of the Mistress of the Dark.” The “Mistress of the Dark” actress revealed that while attending a party at NBA legend Wilt Chamberlain’s house in the 1970s, he invited her to check out his custom-made closet. Peterson alleges that the invitation turned into a traumatizing experience and that Chamberlain forced her to give him oral sex.
“Why didn’t I try to scream, fight back, or getaway? When a seven-foot-one, 300-pound man has his hand wrapped around your neck, there’s really not a lot you can do,” she writes. Peterson adds that the power imbalance between herself and Chamberlain kept her from sharing what happened at the time. “Should I have reported him to the police?” she writes. “Are you kidding? What chance do you think a former showgirl/out-of-work actress would have against a sports superstar?” “I almost had myself convinced that I was a very bad person for letting that happen. And then when the whole Me Too movement, I started thinking, ‘Wait a minute. I didn’t do anything wrong,'” she said. “You did something wrong. You did something very wrong.”
- Being an American actress, writer, and singer.
- For her role in “Elvira, Mistress of the Dark”.
Where was Cassandra Peterson Born?
Cassandra Peterson was born on 17th September 1951 in Manhattan, Kansas, U.S. She is of American nationality and she came from American-white ethnic background. Likewise, her religious belief is in the Christian religion. Cassandra’s present age is 70 which she celebrated recently in 2021 and as per her birth date, her zodiac sign is Virgo. Thus, her race is white. Her father, Dale Peterson is an Allstate Insurance Representative whereas her mother had a costume shop.
Regarding Peterson’s education, she went to General William J Palmer School and graduated from there.
What does Cassandra Peterson do for a living?
- Cassandra Peterson kicks off her career being a showgirl in Frederic Apcar’s pioneering “Vive Les Girls!” as she had a small role as a showgirl in the James Bond film “Diamonds Are Forever” (1971) as well as she played a topless dancer in the film “The Working Girls” (1974).
- She then moved to Italy and became the lead singer of the Italian rock bands Latins 80 and The Snails in the early 1970s after which she landed a small part in the film “Roma” (1972).
- In 1981, she auditioned for the role of Ginger Grant for the third “Gilligan’s Island” television movie. She was also a personality on the Los Angeles radio station KROQ-FM 106.7 from 1982 to 1983.
- As well, Peterson auditioned and won the role in “The Vampira Show” and with her best friend, Robert Redding, she came up with the sexy punk/vampire look after producers rejected her original idea to look like Sharon Tate’s character in “The Fearless Vampire Killers”.
- Later she was seen in the 1988 feature film “Elvira: Mistress of the Dark” which helps her to gain much popularity in her career.
- She wrote, again in collaboration with Paragon, and co-produced “Elvira’s Haunted Hills” in November 2000 whereas on 5th July 2002, “Elvira’s Haunted Hills” had its official premiere in Hollywood.
- “Elvira’s Movie Macabre” returned to television syndication in the U.S. in September 2010 and it was revealed in October 2014 that a new series of thirteen episodes had been produced, “13 Nights of Elvira” for Hulu. The show began on 19th October 2014, running through to Halloween.
- She is currently working on the direct sequel to 1988’s “Elvira: Mistress of the Dark”, as well as an animated Elvira project.
- Elvira started hosting a home video series called “ThrillerVideo” in 1985 as well as she filmed a pilot for CBS called “The Elvira Show” in 1993.
- Besides, Elvira also appeared in comic books from DC Comics, Eclipse Comics and Claypool Comics as DC published a short-lived series in the mid-’80s titled “Elvira’s House of Mystery”.
- Claypool took over the series and in the 1990s distributed a new series, “Elvira, Mistress of the Dark”.
- In 2012 another series, also titled “Elvira, Mistress of the Dark”, was announced for a 2013 debut to be written by R.H. Stavis and drawn by Jeff Zarnow.
- Beginning in 1996, three Elvira novels were published by Berkley Books, “Transylvania 90210”, “Camp Vamp”, and “The Boy Who Cried Werewolf”.
- Cassandra also published an Elvira 35th anniversary photographic retrospective she dubbed a “coffin table” book in 2016.
- A number of Elvira-themed computer games were produced in the late 1980s and early 1990s: “Elvira: Mistress of the Dark”, “Elvira 2: The Jaws of Cerberus”, and “Elvira: The Arcade Game”. Elvira was also one of the special characters featured in the 2007 PlayStation 3 game “Pain” whereas she stars in “Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare” “Absolution” released in 2017.
- Peterson started a series of Elvira calendars featuring characteristically provocative and campy poses in macabre settings in the early 1990s. One calendar photo is seen throughout the video game “Blood”.
- Moreover, Cassandra has also portrayed non-Elvira roles in many other films, most notably “Pee-wee’s Big Adventure”.
- She released her memoir, “Yours Cruelly, Elvira: Memoirs of the Mistress of the Dark”, on 21st September 2021, after its initial October 2020 release was delayed.
- Elvira and the Vi-Tones: 3-D TV
- Elvira Presents Vinyl Macabre: Oldies but Ghoulies (Volume 1)
- Elvira Presents Haunted Hits
- Elvira Presents Monster Hits
- Elvira Presents Revenge of the Monster Hits
- Elvira’s Gravest Hits
Awards and Achievements
- Spirit of Silver Lake Award: 2001
- Vincent Price Award: 2018
Who is Cassandra Peterson Husband?
Cassandra Peterson is a married woman. She tied a knot with a musician Mark Pierson in 1981, and he soon became her personal manager. They had one daughter, Sadie Pierson (born on 12th October 1994). However, the pair got divorced on 14th February 2003.
She revealed in her 2021 memoir that she has been in a relationship with a woman, Teresa “T” Wierson, for 19 years. They began their romantic relationship following Peterson’s separation from her husband. Reflecting on her sexual orientation, she is straight.
What is the Net Worthy of Cassandra Peterson?
Cassandra Peterson has a net worth of $4.5 million as of 2021 whereas her exact amount of salary has not been revealed yet. Her net worth grew with her popularity as “Elvira,” a horror persona. She started earning when she signed a contract for a showgirl at the age of seventeen. She is also into charity and has made appearances in many events raising money for animal welfare and AIDS charities. In addition, Cassandra’s major source of income is from her actress, writer, and singer career.
How tall is Cassandra Peterson?
Cassandra Peterson is 5 ft 7 in or 170 cm tall and her body weighs around 58 kg or 128 lbs. She has good-looking light brown hair and blue eyes color. Her thin lips, sharp nose, and prominent cheekbones have attracted a lot of people towards her. Cassandra has a slim body build with 34-21-34 inches of body measurement. Furthermore, in an October 2016 interview with Chris Hardwick on The Nerdist Podcast, Cassandra mentioned suffering scalding burns as a toddler and said that she was teased at school over her scars. She jokingly added that her Elvira costume “showed only the good bits”. When she was a toddler, she was scalded by boiling water, which required skin grafts to cover over 35% of her body to heal, resulting in her having to spend three months in the hospital. She was a vegetarian for many years; as of 2021, she continues to maintain a semi-vegetarian diet.f