César Azpilicueta is a Spanish soccer player who started his career in 2001 from his local club Osasuna and currently played for Chelsea FC as a Defender. He has made over 350 appearances for the club and won the Premier League as a captain in 2015 and the Europa League again as captain in 2019. During his career, he played several clubs like Osasuna B and Marseille. Besides clubs, He represented his nation in several tournaments at both junior and senior levels. He has been part of Spain U16, U17, U19, U20, U21, and U23 national team. Further, he has honored 18 titles to date. To know more about him, you can read the below article to the end.
What is César Azpilicueta famous for?
- A Spanish professional footballer.
What nationality is César Azpilicueta?
Going back to his early life, César was born under the birth sign of Virgo to his parents in the year 1989. However, his parent’s details are yet to be disclosed. Also, he has a brother named Juan Pablo to whom he was raised in Pamplona, Spain.
What does César Azpilicueta do for a living?
- Talking about his sports journey, César started his soccer career in 2001 through his local club, Osasuna.
- On 08th April 2007, He made his professional and La Liga debut in a 0-2 away defeat against Real Madrid.
- At the age of 18, He established himself as a first-team regular as a right-back. Later, He went on to retain this position for the following season, appearing in all but two league games.
- On 21st June 2010, He signed a 4-year contract for $8.25 million to the French club Olympique de Marseille. He scored a single goal and made overall 47 appearances for the club.
- On 24th August 2012, Chelsea signed him for an undisclosed fee. As per the online sites, He was paid £7 million ($8.7 million).
- He He played his first Premier League game as a substitute for Branislav Ivanović in a 4-1 success over Norwich City, also at Stamford Bridge.
- Also, He played 48 official contests in his first year with the Rafael Benítez-led side, including eight in the Blues’ victorious campaign in the UEFA Europa League.
- In 2013, His first goal for Chelsea came in a 2-0 win at Arsenal in the 4th round of the League Cup. At the end of the season, he was voted the club’s Player’s Player of the Year.
- In March 2015, He started as Chelsea won the League Cup. He was injured in a collision and had to leave the pitch for a bandage to be wrapped around his head in the second half.
- In 2016, he signed a new three-and-a-half-year contract with Chelsea, running until 2020.
- After that, He played every minute of the season as his team won the domestic league, and scored in a 4-3 home win against Watford after the title was already won.
- In 2017, He scored his first Championships League goal in a 6-0 home victory against Qarabag FK.
- in 2019, He marked his 350th Chelsea appearance with a 1-0 group stage away win against Ajax in the Champions League.
- In 2020, He marked his 100th appearance as club captain with a goal and being named man of the match in the 1–1 draw against Brighton & Hove Albion.
- During his club career, He has made 176 appearances and scored 4 goals.
César Azpilicueta International Career Highlights
- César represented his nation in several tournaments at both junior and senior levels. He has been part of Spain U16, U17, U19, U20, U21, and U23 national team.
- In 2007, He helped the Spanish under-19 team win the UEFA European Championship.
- Then, He was selected under-21 team for the 2009 European Championships in Sweden where he started three matches.
- On May 11th, 2010, He was named by senior side manager Vicente del Bosque in a provisional list of 30 players in view of the forthcoming edition of the FIFA World Cup. However, he did not make the final cut.
- Later, He was selected for Spain’s squad for the 2012 Summer Olympics, after missing out on selection for the UEFA Euro 2012 tournament.
- On February 01st, 2013, He called for the upcoming international friendly match against Uruguay. He also made his international debut in a 3-1 victory in Doha, Qatar.
- Later, He was also called for the “2013 FIFA Confederations Cup” tournament held in Brazil.
- In June 2014, He represented his nation in the “2014 FIFA World Cup” along with Fernando Torres, Pedro, and Sergio Ramos.
- He was also included in the 23-man squad for the “2018 World Cup” in Russia.
What are the achievements of César Azpilicueta?
César Azpilicueta has honored several titles during his career which are listed below:
- 1x European Under-19 champion (2007)
- 1x European Under-21 (2011)
- 1x French Super Cup winner (2010-11)
- 2x French league cup winner (2010-11; 2011-12)
- 2x Europa League winner (2012-13; 2018-19)
- 1x English League Cup winner (2015)
- 2x English Champion (2015; 2017)
- 1x English FA Cup winner (2018)
- Fifa Confederations Cup: Runners-up (2013)
Who is César Azpilicueta married to?
César Azpilicueta is married to his long-term girlfriend, Adriana Azpilicueta. The couple met each other from their young age and started dating each other. After dating several years, the couple exchanged their vows in July 2015 in Pamplona, Spain. Together, they welcomed a child. Presently, the couple lives blissfully.
How much is César Azpilicueta worth?
César Azpilicueta has earned the sum of a good amount of money from his profession as a soccer player in the field of the sports industry. As per the online sites, He has reported €8.3 million net worth and his salary is somewhere around €691 Thousand as of 2020. He also adds up his fortune through his endorsement deal with world-renowned brands like Samsung and Adidas. Further, He has a list of several luxury cars and he usually rides Range Rover. His current market value is $35.35 million.
What is César Azpilicueta’s height?
César Azpilicueta has a height of 5 feet 10 inches and he weighs around 66 Kg. His eyes are light blue and hair color is dark brown. His body measures around 43-33-14.5 inches including his chest, waist, and biceps sizes. Further, he has an athletic body and his sexual orientation is straight.