Chad Michael Murray is an American actor, spokesperson, writer, as well a former fashion model. He is famous for portraying Lucas Scott in the WB/CW drama series “One Tree Hill” from 2003 to 2009. He is also well-known for his appearance as Tristan Dugray on The WB/CW series “Gilmore Girls” (2000-2001), Charlie Todd in the fifth season of The WB series “Dawson’s Creek” (2001-2002). In 2000, he appeared in MTV’s anthology series “Undressed” for his role as Dan in episode #2.17. He first appeared in the 2001 biblically-based film “Megiddo: The Omega Code 2” for his role as David Alexander at the age of 16. He has appeared in famous TV Series like “Chosen”, “Agent Carter”, “Riverdale” and “Sun Records”. He had supporting roles in the films “Freaky Friday” (2003), “A Cinderella Story” (2004), “House of Wax” (2005), and “Fruitvale Station” (2013). He is also active in social media with more than 1.8 million followers on his verified Instagram account, more than 991K followers on his Facebook profile, and more than 720K on his Twitter account.
Chad Michael Murray is keeping his hopes up about the “One Tree Hill” reboot
Chad Michael Murray has opened up about the possibility of a One Tree Hill reboot in the near future. “I believe at some point, I’m sure there will be some new iteration of One Tree Hill,” he said. “Who knows? But I think it would have to be taken under new guidance and let out into the world,” he went on to say as he promoted his new film Sand Dollar Cove. “Who knows? I’ve always heard things over the years, but nothing ever came to fruition. But hey, you never know,” he added.
- Being an American actor, Spokesperson, Writer, and Former Fashion Model.
- For playing Lucas Scott in The WB/CW drama series One Tree Hill (2003–09, 2012), a recurring role as Tristan Dugray on The WB/CW series Gilmore Girls (2000–01), Charlie Todd in the fifth season of The WB series Dawson’s Creek and war veteran and SSR agent Jack Thompson in the Marvel/ABC series Agent Carter.
Where is Chad Michael Murray from?
Chad Michael Murray was born on 24th August 1981 in Buffalo, New York, the USA. As per his birthdate, his Zodiac sign is Virgo and he follows the Christianity religion. He holds American nationality and he came from a Mixed ethnic background as he has English, Irish, Polish, German, and Swiss-German ancestry. About his parents, he was born to his father, Rex Murray, and his wife. His father was an air traffic controller and was abandoned by his mother at a young age. He also has four siblings; Shannon Victoria Murray (Younger Sister), Brandon Murray (Younger Brother), Rex Murray (Younger Brother), Nick Murray (Younger Brother), Tyler Murray (Younger Half-Brother). As of 2020, he celebrated his 39th birthday.
Regarding his education, Chad Michael Murray attended Clarence High School in Clarence, New York. He became a fan of literature and played football. As his nose broke in his late teens, his career in football ended. He clarified in a 2004 interview, “I got jumped in a Burger King when I was 18 and had my nose put on the other side of my face. It was three guys – what the hell was I supposed to do? The doctors didn’t even bother running X-rays. They just reset it. But it wasn’t a nose job – I hate the fact that people say it was a nose job!”
How was the Career of Chad Michael Murray?
- Chad Michael Murray moved to Hollywood in 1999 where he supported himself modeling for such clients as Skechers, Tommy Hilfiger, and Gucci.
- He was then cast in the role of rich kid Tristin DuGray on “Gilmore Girls”.
- In 2000, he appeared in the TV series “Undressed” and “Diagnosis Murder”.
- He first appeared in the 2001 biblically-based film “Megiddo: The Omega Code 2” for his role as David Alexander (Aged 16).
- In 2001, he portrayed the role of Charlie Todd on the successful television series “Dawson’s Creek” and also appeared in the television film, “Aftermath: A Long Way” Home in 2003.
- Later, he appeared in the Walt Disney Pictures feature film, “Freaky Friday” which was a major box office success, earning a total of $110,222,438 in the United States alone.
- He has also appeared in the television film “The Lone Ranger” where he portrayed the role of Luke Hartman.
- He won the main role of Lucas Scott in the successful WB television series One Tree Hill in 2003 from where he rose to fame.
- He appeared on the cover of several mainstream magazines such as Rolling Stone and People. He even appeared on the cover of Teen People magazine.
- He was voted as one of “TV’s Sexiest Guys” in People magazine.
- He also starred in the romantic comedy “A Cinderella Story” with Hilary Duff in 2004. The film went on to become a moderate box office success, earning $70.1 million worldwide.
- He starred in “House of Wax” in 2005 which grossed $12 million on its first day.
- He featured briefly in the Iraq War drama “Home of the Brave” in 2006 and played Alicia Keys’ love interest in her music video for “Un-Thinkable (I’m Ready)” in 2010.
- He played Ethan McAllister in Lifetime’s TV movie “Lies in Plain Sight” and co-starred in “Christmas Cupid”.
- Next, he appeared in “Fruitvale Station” and he was cast in a featured role as Agent Jack Thompson for Marvel’s television series “Agent Carter” in August 2014.
- It was announced on 8th February 2019 that he was cast in a recurring role as Edgar Evernever on The CW drama “Riverdale”.
- He will appear opposite Torrey DeVitto in Hallmark’s upcoming Christmas film “Five Cards for Christmas” (2019).
- He is also an author who released a novel in September 2011 titled “Everlast”.
- He published “American Drifter: An Exhilarating Tale of Love and Murder” in 2017, which he co-authored with Heather Graham.
Awards and Achievements
- Won Choice Movie: Breakout Actor Award for his work in A Cinderella Story in 2004, Choice TV: Breakout Actor Award for his work in “One Tree Hill”
- Won Choice Movie Actor Award: Action/Adventure/Thriller for his work in “House of Wax” in 2005
- Won Choice TV Actor Award: Drama in 2008 for his work in “One Tree Hill”
Who is Chad Michael Murray married to?
Chad Michael Murray is a married man. He is currently married to his beautiful wife, Sarah Roemer. The duo began dating in 2014 and, it was announced in January 2015 that he and Roemer had married. The pair then announced that Roemer gave birth to their son on 31st May 2015. In November 2016, they announced that they were expecting their second child and their second child, a daughter, was born in March 2017. As of today, the happily married couple is enjoying their present life without any disturbances. His sexual orientation is straight and he is not gay.
Previously, Chad Michael Murray engaged to his ‘One Tree Hill’ co-star Sophia Bush in May 2004. They later married on 16th April 2005, in Santa Monica, California. The pair announced their separation in September 2005, after five months of their marriage. They were granted a divorce in December 2006. In May 2004, Chad was rumored to have a fling with socialite Paris Hilton. He then dated Kenzie Dalton, whom he met on the set of One Tree Hill for the first time just like Sophia Bush. The couple got engaged in April 2006. The engagement came to an end in August 2013, after 7 long years. He dated his ‘Left Behind’ co-star Nicky Whelan from October 2013 to May 2014.
What is the Net Worth of Chad Michael Murray?
Former fashion model and talented actor, Chad Michael Murray has pocketed a huge amount of money from his career work by appearing in various films and TV shows. As of 2021, the net worth of Chad is estimated to have $12 Million. Whereas his exact salary is missing at the present. Cast members on One Tree Hill were originally making around $22,000 per episode each during the debut season. By Season 4, however, their salaries had ballooned to $100,000 each per episode. Appearing on Gilmore Girls and Dawson’s Creek, he may have earned him around $4,000 to $8,000 per episode. Back in 1999, he did modeling for brands like Gucci, Skechers, Tommy Hilfiger, and more. He has also appeared in commercials for Met’s corporation, Ciroc vodka, Street Machine, and others. Apart from an actor and a model, he is also a spokesperson. His major source of wealth comes from his acting career and he is living a lavish lifestyle.
How tall is Chad Michael Murray?
Chad Michael Murray is a very cool and handsome actor with an athletic body build. He has a tall height of 6 feet or 183 cm. His balanced weight consists of around 83 kg or 183 pounds. His hair color is blonde and his eye color is hazel. He has also an inked tattoo on his right shoulder. He has a dimpled smile. His body measurements like chest, arms/biceps, and waist measurements are not known at a moment. His shoe size is speculated to be 12 (US).