Charles Kelley is a singer, songwriter, and lead singer from the USA. He is known for being the founding member of the country music trio Lady Antebellum (later changed to Lady A), which was formed in 2006 and is signed to Big Machine Records. He has performed hit songs like Love Don’t Live Here, Lookin’ for a Good Time, I Run to You, Need You Now, Compass, and many more. He has co-written many songs for different artists including Luke Bryan’s Do I, Danny Gokey’s It’s Only, Miranda Lambert’s Love Song, Parachute’s Kiss Me Slowly, Hunter Hayes’s Better Than This, and many more. His musical career began at the age of 11. As a teenager, Charles was a part of his brothers’ (John and Josh) band called Inside Blue.
What is Charles Kelley Famous For?
- Being an American singer, songwriter, and lead singer.
- Being the founding member of the country music trio Lady A.
What is Charles Kelley Birth Name?
Charles Kelley was born with the birth name of Charles Burgess Kelley in Augusta, Georgia, United States. He holds American nationality and his ethnicity is American-White. His present age is 40 as of 2021. His dad John W. Kelley is a cardiologist and his mum’s name is Gayle Kelley. His siblings are John Kelley (Older Brother), and Josh Kelley (Older Brother). Growing up, he worked on his father’s farm, raising cattle and riding around on a tractor, in the mountain regions of North Georgia.
Focusing on his education, he passed out from Lakeside High School in Evans, Georgia. Later, in 2004, he graduated with a degree in Finance from the University of Georgia in Athens, Georgia. At the University of Georgia, Charles was a member of the Nu Zeta chapter of the Lambda Chi Alpha fraternity. He has temporarily worked as an accountant in his brother John’s construction business in Winston-Salem, North Carolina.
Charles Kelley Career Timeline
- He alongside Hillary Scott and Dave Haywood founded the country music group Lady A as Lady Antebellum in 2006.
- They released their debut album “Lady Antebellum” in April 2008 which they wrote or co-wrote ten of the eleven songs on the album, which featured production by Paul Worley and Victoria Shaw. The album included the trio’s debut hit, “Love Don’t Live Here”, along with the singles, “Lookin’ for a Good Time” and “I Run to You”.
- Their album was certified platinum by the RIAA in October 2009.
- They released their sophomore album, Need You Now in January 2010. The album generated the number one hits, “American Honey” and “Our Kind of Love”, and the top 10 single, “Hello World”, and was certified triple platinum in October 2010.
- The group released “Just a Kiss” as the lead single from their third studio album, Own the Night in May 2011. The single was followed by “We Owned the Night”, “Dancin’ Away with My Heart” and “Wanted You More”.
- Their third album was released on 13th September 2011.
- The band’s first Christmas album “On This Winter’s Night” was released on 22nd October 2012.
- Their fifth album “Golden” was released on May 7, 2013. “Downtown” was the album’s first single.
- In 2014, the band toured the album on the Take Me Downtown Tour and sold-out shows every night.
- In May 2014, “Bartender” was released as the first single off their sixth studio album.
- They released their lead single “You Look Good” for their seventh album “Heart Break” in January 2017. Their album was released on June 9, 2017.
- In June 2020, the band announced they were changing their name to Lady A in light of the original name’s Confederate origins.
- After the band broke up, he started his solo career.
- On September 28, 2015, he released his debut solo single “The Driver”.
- His solo debut studio album The Driver was released on February 5, 2016.
- In 2006, prior to forming the band, Kelley released a solo album called 2 to 9’s.
- Moreover, he has co-written numerous songs for his brother, Josh Kelley.
- He replaced Willy Moon as a judge on the second season of The X Factor New Zealand on 17th March 2015.
What is Charles Kelley Net Worth?
Singer, Charles Kelley has made a massive fortune from his professional career. As of 2022, the net worth of Charles is estimated to have $25 Million. His main source of wealth comes from the music industry whereas he is also making a cool amount of money from endorsements. He has done endorsement work for brands like Land of Thee. He is making his salary in around $1 Million at present. He is living a standard lifestyle at present.
Who is Charles Kelley Wife?
Charles Kelley is a married man. He tied a knot with his beautiful wife, Cassie McConnell, publicist and music representative. They dated for about 6 months before tying the knot. He met Cassie when she was working as a publicist for his older brother, Josh Kelley. After dating for a few months, he proposed her hand in marriage on Christmas morning in 2008. The couple had a court marriage in late June 2009 in Nashville. On July 6, 2009, they had their destination wedding in the Bahamas. The couple is blessed with a son, Ward Charles Kelley on February 11, 2016. His sexual orientation is straight.
What is Charles Kelley Height?
Charles Kelley is a handsome man with a standing height of 6 ft 6 in or 198 cm and his balanced bodyweight consist of 90 kg or 198.5 lbs. His hair color is light brown and he has a pair of blue eyes. He has a short spiky hairstyle. He has also inked tattoos on his hand.
Leave a Reply