Charlie Brooks is a British award-winning actress who is well-recognized for her role as Janine Butcher in the BBC soap opera “EastEnders” since 1999-2004 joining again in 2008 and departing in 2014. Her portrayal of Janine has received numerous awards since her first appearance on the show in 1999, with storylines involving cocaine addiction, prostitution, and murder. It was announced in April 2021 stating that Brooks had agreed to reprise the role once again for a “huge storyline” and would return later in the year. Moreover, she is also famous for playing the role of Tamora in the controversial play “All in a Row” by Alex Oates and Anna Fallmont in Network 10 drama “Lie With Me”. Additionally, she also appeared in British television shows “The Bill”, “Wired”, “Bleak House” and more. She won “I’m a Celebrity…Get Me Out of Here!” in 2012, beating campmate Ashley Roberts. She has even released a fitness DVD, “Before And After Workout”.
- For winning the 2011 version of the “Strictly Come Dancing” Christmas Special and the twelfth series of “I’m a Celebrity…Get Me Out of Here!”.
- For playing Janine Butcher in “EastEnders” (1999-2004, 2008-2014, 2021-).
Where is Charlie Brooks from?
Charlie Brooks was born in the year of 1981 on 3rd May with the real name or birth name of Charlene Emma Brooks. Her place of birth is Ware, Hertfordshire, England which makes her the nationality of British. She moved to Barmouth, Gwynedd when she was a child where she spent her childhood and she regarded Barmouth as her hometown. Brooks came from British-White ethnic background due to which her race is White. Her present age is 40 as she recently celebrated her 40th birthday as of 2021. Taurus is her Zodiac sign and she follows the Christianity religion.
Charlie Brooks attended Tower House School, in Barmouth, and relocated to London to attend Ravenscourt Theatre School, Hammersmith.
Charlie Brooks Career Timeline
- Charlie Brooks began her profession when she was 17 with a part of English “Turning Point”.
- She also appeared on TV shows in the episodes of “The Bill”, “London’s Burning”, “Jonathan Creek” and “The Demon Headmaster”.
- She played the role of Janine Butcher in the British soap opera “EastEnders” from 1999 till 2004. She left East Enders after her character got caught for the murder of Laura Beale, who was played by her dear buddy Hannah Waterman.
- After she left “EastEnders” in May 2004, she appeared in the BBC drama Bleak House as Jenny and played Beverley Allitt in a BBC1 docu-drama entitled “Beverley Allitt: Angel of Death” in the year 2006.
- She took a break from EastEnders in the year 2003 and appeared in the play “Office Games” in theatre.
- Likewise, she guest-starred in “Robin Hood” and “Love Soup”.
- She also appeared in “Our Country’s Good” at the Liverpool Playhouse in the year 2007.
- Later in April 2008, Charlie Brooks returned to EastEnders for a guest stint. She was later confirmed to be coming back as a regular character. Then, she temporarily departed in September 2012 and returned in April 2013 before departing again in March 2014.
- It was announced in April 2021 stating that Brooks had agreed to reprise the role once again for a “huge storyline” and would return later in the year.
- As of January 2019, it was announced that Alex Oates’s play “All in a Row”, starring Brooks as Tamora, the mother, was going to be produced by Paul Virides Productions at the Southwark Playhouse.
- Back then, she won “I’m a Celebrity…Get Me Out of Here!” in 2012, beating campmate Ashley Roberts.
- She also narrates “Botched Up Bodies” on Channel 5.
- In 2018, she appeared in the TV show “Moving On” and also appeared in “Lie With Me” in 2021.
Awards and Achievements
- Won Inside Soap Awards in 2001
- Won TV Quick and Choice Awards, British Soap Awards in 2004
- Won British Soap Awards in 2005
- Won Inside Soap Awards, All About Soap Awards, End of Year EastEnders Awards in 2009
- Won All About Soap Awards, Digital Spy Soap Awards in 2010
- Won TV Times Awards in 2011
- Won Inside Soap Awards, DS Awards in 2012
Who is Charlie Brooks Husband?
Charlie Brooks is still unmarried. Thus, she has no husband. Previously in 2004, she was in a relationship with her ex-boyfriend/partner, Tony Truman with whom she shares 16-year-old daughter Kiki. The couple split in 2005. The former couple has remained on good terms and Tony actually lives in the flat above Charlie’s Surrey home. She said: “We are going to grow old together, just in a very different way. He is absolutely my family and nothing will ever change that.” After splitting with Tony, Charlie started dating Ben Hollington in 2012. They established their beautiful relationship for around five years and then, they separated in 2017. As of today, it seems that she is living a single life happily. Her sexual orientation is straight.
How much is Charlie Brooks Net Worth?
Charlie Brooks is a very successful actress who has accumulated a net worth of $1,650,000 (£1.2million) as of July 2021. She has appeared in many movies and TV shows. She even won “I’m a Celebrity…Get Me Out of Here!” in 2012, beating campmate Ashley Roberts. She has appeared in commercials and voiceovers in the United Kingdom, Europe, and the US. She is making a salary of $603,750 annually as per sources. Her main source of income comes from the entertainment industry and she is living a lavish lifestyle from her career earnings
How tall is Charlie Brooks?
Charlie Brooks is a very charming and gorgeous lady who has a perfect and average height of 5 ft 4 in or 1.65 m. Her well-maintained body weight consists of 56 Kg or 123.46 lbs. Her body measurement is 35-25-36 in (breast-waist-hip). Her bra size is 40C. Her hair color is black and she has an attractive eye color of dark brown. Her fitness DVD became the UK’s best-selling fitness DVD release, and Brooks was transformed from “podgy Janine to a sexy new mum”.