Ched Evans is a talented Welsh footballer who currently plays as a striker for Championship club Preston North End. He started his professional career at Manchester City after being signed from Chester City’s youth setup in 2002. Evans showed great potential and was loaned out to Norwich City in 2007, where he impressed with his scoring ability, netting 10 goals in 28 league appearances. However, he returned to Manchester City where he struggled to secure a regular spot in the first team. As a result, he was sold to Sheffield United for a fee of £3 million in 2009. After an average start at Bramall Lane, Evans had a breakthrough season in 2011-12, scoring 35 goals and helping his team reach the League One play-off final.
Ched also represented Wales at both the under-21 and senior levels, scoring on his debut for the national team in 2008. Although he has faced controversy off the pitch, Evans remains a prolific goal scorer with an impressive track record in English football, and his contribution to the sport has earned him a respected reputation among fans and peers alike. Ched is married to his wife, Natasha Massey.
Ched continues to showcase his impressive footballing skills and has become a crucial player for his team, Preston North End. Throughout his career, he has demonstrated his ability to score goals, make crucial passes, and work tirelessly on the pitch. He has also overcome personal challenges, including a wrongful conviction for rape in 2012, which was subsequently overturned in 2016. Despite this difficult period in his life, Evans has remained focused on his football career and continues to be a role model for young players.
Where is Ched Evans from?
Ched Evans was born on December 28th, 1988. He is from Rhyl, Wales. He is of Welsh-White ethnicity and holds Welsh nationality. In 2022, he celebrated his 34th birthday. His full name is Chedwyn Michael Evans and his zodiac sign is Capricorn, which makes him hardworking, disciplined, and ambitious. Evans has two siblings, Kylie, and Ryan Roberts, and his mother’s name is Helen Roberts. However, he has not revealed any information about his father to the public yet.
Regarding his educational background, there is no public information available on this topic. Hence, it is unknown where he received his schooling and if he pursued any further education. However, given his successful football career, it is clear that he had a strong work ethic and dedication to his profession. Despite facing several controversies and setbacks, he has managed to overcome them and continue to thrive in his football career.
How was the Career of Ched Evans?
- Ched Evans started his professional career with Manchester City in 2002, after spending two seasons in Chester City’s youth set-up. He was a regular in the academy and reserve teams during the 2006-07 season and signed his first professional contract with Manchester City in May 2007. Evans made his senior debut in September 2007, coming off the bench in City’s 1-0 League Cup victory against Norwich City. With first-choice opportunities at City Limited, Evans moved on loan to Norwich City in November 2007, where he made eight appearances and scored two goals.
- After talks between the two clubs at the end of January 2008, the loan was extended until the end of the season. Evans played regularly for Norwich for the remainder of his loan spell and notched up 10 goals from 20 starts and eight substitute appearances. He made his Premier League debut for Manchester City in the opening game of the following season, scoring his first Premier League goal against Portsmouth on 21 September. However, with the acquisition of several new strikers, Evans decided to leave the club in 2009 in order to get more first-team football.
- Ched Evans signed for Sheffield United in July 2009 on a three-year deal worth £3 million. He made his debut in the opening game of the season, a 0-0 draw against Middlesbrough, and scored his first goal for the club in a 2-0 win over Watford. Despite a difficult first season, in which he made 36 appearances but only scored four goals, he became a regular first-team choice in his second season with the club. Evans finished the campaign as top scorer with nine goals in all competitions, but the club was relegated.
- With the club now in League One, Evans’ future was uncertain due to speculation that he would be sold to reduce the club’s wage bill. However, an injury sustained towards the end of the previous campaign meant he was unavailable until early September, preventing him from moving on to another club. He returned from injury in fine form, scoring regularly in both league and cup competitions, and was named League One Player of the Month for March 2012. Despite drawing attention from Championship and Premier League clubs with his contract set to expire in the summer, Evans’ manager at Sheffield United, Danny Wilson, insisted that the striker was not thinking about leaving the club. Evans ended the season with 35 goals in all competitions, but his contract was not renewed following his conviction for rape.
- Evans signed a one-year contract with Chesterfield on 20th June 2016, after being released from prison and having his rape conviction quashed. The striker was reunited with his former Sheffield United manager, Danny Wilson, and teammate, Chris Morgan, who was the first-team coach at Chesterfield. Evans made his debut for the club in a pre-season friendly against Ilkeston, scoring a goal in a 3-0 win. He then scored on his return to professional football in a league game against Oxford United, with a stunning free-kick from 25 yards out.
- In his first home game for Chesterfield, he produced an excellent display, scoring a goal and providing assists for two others, as they beat Swindon Town 3-1.
Return to Sheffield United
- Ched then signed the club, Sheffield United, on 8th May 2017 after holding several discussions. During his first game back with the team, he delivered a remarkable performance and was named man of the match as the Blades triumphed over Walsall in the EFL Cup.
- In July 2018, Evans joined Fleetwood Town on a season-long loan deal after failing to score for Sheffield United since his return. He scored his first goal for Fleetwood in a 2-0 away win against Oxford United, earning a standing ovation from the club’s fans. He signed him permanently on 6 August 2019 for an undisclosed fee after he was transfer-listed by Sheffield United at the end of the 2018-19 season. However, he left Fleetwood in December 2020 due to disciplinary reasons.
Preston North End
- Ched Evans, the talented striker, joined Preston North End on a short-term loan on 6 January 2021. His exceptional skills shone through as he quickly scored his first goal for the team in a 2-1 match against Rotherham United on 6 February 2021. Preston North End didn’t want to let him go and was thrilled when Evans signed a permanent contract with the club on the same day as his debut goal.
- Evans’ commitment to the club was further solidified when he extended his contract until the summer of 2023, adding another two years on top of his original deal. However, on 5 April 2023, it was revealed that Evans had developed a severe medical condition as a result of repeated high-force contact. This unfortunate development has forced him to take an extended period of absence from the team to undergo surgery to address his current symptoms and prevent any future damage.
Ched Evans International Career
- Evans’ talent on the pitch did not go unnoticed, as he earned his first Wales U21 cap in 2007. It wasn’t long before he became a key player in the squad, dazzling fans with his impressive skills and scoring abilities. In November 2007, Evans made history by scoring a hat-trick against France U21s, cementing his place as one of the most talented players on the team. He joined the ranks of legendary Welsh players John Hartson, Craig Davies, and Lee Jones as only the fourth player to have scored a hat-trick for the U21 side.
- Evans’ impressive scoring streak continued in October 2009, when he scored a brilliant brace against Bosnia and Herzegovina U21s, taking his total number of goals for the Welsh U21s to an astounding 13 goals in just 12 games. It was clear that Evans was destined for greatness, and his performances on the pitch left fans and critics alike in awe of his remarkable talent.
- Evans’ senior debut for Wales was on 28 May 2008, during which he scored the only goal of the game (a back heel) in a 1-0 friendly win against Iceland. Throughout his time with the Welsh team, Evans appeared in 13 games, netting one goal.
Ched Evans Awards, Honours, and Achievements
- PFA Team of the Year: 2011–12 League One
Ched Evans Transfer History
- July 1, 2007: Signed by Manchester City U18
- November 21, 2007: Loaned to Norwich City
- May 5, 2008: Returned to Manchester City
- July 24, 2009: Transferred to Sheffield United for 3.5M €
- July 1, 2016: Signed by Chesterfield
- July 1, 2017: Transferred to Sheffield United for 570k €
- July 20, 2018: Returned to Fleetwood Town
- May 31, 2019: Returned to Sheffield United after loan
- August 6, 2019: Returned to Fleetwood Town
- January 6, 2021: Transferred to Preston North End
- February 5, 2021: End of loan to Fleetwood Town
- 2023: Playing With the club, Preston North End
How much is Ched Evans’s Net Worth?
Ched Evans has been playing professional football for more than a decade and has accumulated a net worth estimated to be between $1 million and $5 million as of 2023. He is currently earning an annual salary of £228,800 from his club, Preston North End, which translates to a weekly wage of £4,400. His impressive earnings come from his successful football career, which has seen him play for a number of clubs in the UK and abroad. Apart from his salary, he has also earned money from sponsorship deals and endorsements.
With his substantial wealth, Ched Evans is living a comfortable and luxurious lifestyle. He owns several properties in the UK, including a mansion in Cheshire worth more than £1 million. He is also known for his love of cars and has a collection of high-end vehicles, including a Lamborghini and a Porsche. Despite his success, Evans is known for his down-to-earth personality and his dedication to his sport, and he continues to work hard to maintain his position as one of the top footballers in the UK.
Who is Ched Evans’s Wife?
Ched Evans has been in a long-term relationship with his wife, Natasha Massey, whom he was engaged to for several years. They got married in 2022, according to reports. Natasha is a beauty therapist by profession. The daughter of wealthy businessman Karl Massey wore a lace bodice dress for her wedding day and beamed as she posed with her footballer husband who was pictured in a tuxedo. A source said: “Natasha has stood by Ched through thick and thin and their wedding day showed that they have firmly put the past behind them. “The couple couldn’t wipe the smile off their faces as they said ‘I Do’ in front of their closest family and friends.“ The two also welcomed a son in January of 2016.
In an interview with ITV1’s This Morning in 2014, Massey revealed that her first instinct upon learning of Evans’ questioning over rape was to stand by him and be “protective”. Despite any issues they may have had in the past, she said that she put them aside and helped him through the ordeal. The couple is very supportive of each other and seems to be enjoying their lives without any disturbances. Evans identifies as straight. It is worth noting that Evans’ past legal troubles may have put a strain on his personal life. However, it appears that he has found a supportive partner in Massey, who has stood by him throughout the ups and downs. While their relationship has not been without its challenges, they have managed to weather them together and remain committed to one another.
In 2011, Ched Evans and another footballer, Clayton McDonald, were tried at the Crown Court at Caernarfon on charges of rape against a 19-year-old woman, who was alleged to be too drunk to consent. Evans was convicted and sentenced to five years imprisonment in April 2012. Despite maintaining his innocence, he was refused leave to appeal against the conviction in August 2012, and the full court upheld the decision in November. Evans was released on license in October 2014, having served half of his sentence. The Criminal Cases Review Commission announced that they were reviewing his conviction, and in October 2015, they referred the case to the Court of Appeal based on new material which was not considered by the jury at trial. In April 2016, the appeal was allowed, and a retrial was ordered.
The retrial began in October 2016, and Evans was found not guilty on 14 October. It was later revealed that the legal argument used in the appeal related to the complainant’s sexual history. In April 2019, Evans accepted an £800,000 settlement from the legal firm that represented him in his first trial.
How tall is Ched Evans?
Ched Evans is not only a talented footballer but also a handsome man with an athletic body type. He stands at a height of 1.83 m or 183 cm, which adds to his overall personality. He has an impressive body weight of 76 Kg, which he maintains by going to the gym regularly. Ched is very conscious about his health and fitness, so he prefers to eat healthy food to keep his body strong. His glowing face and charming smile add to his attractive personality. Ched has dark brown hair, which complements his brown eyes perfectly.
Ched’s well-built physique is the result of his consistent efforts towards maintaining his health and fitness. His dedication to staying fit is evident in his muscular body. He takes good care of his body by eating the right food and following a healthy lifestyle. His attractive appearance has won the hearts of many football fans around the world. Ched’s well-maintained body and charming personality have made him one of the most sought-after football players.