Chet Holmgren is an American professional basketball player. He plays as a center or power forward and was drafted 2nd overall by the Oklahoma City Thunder in the 2022 NBA Draft. He played college basketball for Gonzaga University. He only played his freshman year for the Bulldogs and was named West Coast Conference Defensive Player of the Year and Newcomer of the Year for his performance. He declared for the 2022 NBA Draft.
He played high school basketball for Minnehaha Academy where he earned numerous honors.
What is Chet Holmgren Famous For?
- Drafted 2nd overall in the 2022 NBA Draft.
Where is Chet Holmgren From?
Chet Holmgren was born on 1 May 2002. His birth name is Chet Thomas Holmgren. His birth place is in Minneapolis, Minnesota in the United States. He holds an American nationality. He was born to his father Dave Holmgren. He belongs to the white ethnicity and his religion is Christianity. His zodiac sign is Taurus. Information about his mother and siblings is not available at present.
Chet Holmgren High School Career
- Chet Holmgren started attending Minnehaha Academy in the sixth grade.
- As a freshman, he averaged 6.2 points and 3 rebounds helping the team to win its second straight Class 2A state championship.
- He averaged 18.6 points and 11 rebounds in his sophomore season leading to the Class 2A state championship once again.
- He then played for the Amateur Athletic Union team Grassroots Sizzle at the Under Armour Association.
- He earned the tournament’s MVP honors.
- His performance received interest from NCAA Division I.
- As a junior, he averaged 14.3 points and lead Minnehaha to a 25-3 record.
- As a senior, he averaged 21 points and 12.3 rebounds and won his fourth state championship, the Class 3A state title.
- For his performance, he was named Gatorade National Player of the Year, Naismith Prep Player of the Year, Morgan Wootten National Player of the Year, a McDonald’s All-American, and Minnesota Mr. Basketball.
Chet Holmgren College Career
- Chet Holmgren received over 30 scholarship offers while a junior at Minnehaha.
- He eventually committed to play college basketball for Gonzaga University, following his former high school teammate, Jalen Suggs.
- He made his debut for the Bulldogs against Dixie State where he recorded 14 points, 13 rebounds, 7 blocks, and 6 assists.
- As a freshman, he averaged 14.1 points, 9.9 rebounds, 1.9 assists, and 3.7 blocks per game.
- He was named West Coast Conference Defensive Player of the Year and Newcomer of the Year.
- He was named to Consensus second-team All-American, First-team All-WCC, and WCC All-Freshman Team.
- Following his freshman season, he declared for the 2022 NBA Draft.
Chet Holmgren NBA Career
- Chet Holmgren was selected in the first round of the 2022 NBA Draft.
- The Oklahoma City Thunder selected him 2nd overall in the draft.
Chet Holmgren National Team Career
- Chet Holmgren represented the United States U19 basketball team at the 2021 FIBA U19 Basketball World Cup.
- He averaged 11.9 points, 6.1 rebounds, 3.3 assists, and 2.7 blocks helping the team to win a gold medal.
- He was also named the tournament’s MVP.
Who is Chet Holmgren Girlfriend?
Chet Holmgren is a young basketball player who is set to start his career in NBA. He is reportedly single at present. The talented star will surely date a beautiful girl in the near future.
What is Chet Holmgren Height?
Chet Holmgren stands at the height of 2.13 m i.e. 7 feet tall. He has a body weight of 195 lbs i.e. 88 kg. He has an athletic body build. His eye color is dark brown and his hair color is black.
His sexual orientation is straight.
What is Chet Holmgren Salary and Net Worth?
Chet Holmgren is a professional basketball player. He was drafted 2nd overall in the 2022 NBA Draft. An outstanding high school and college basketball player, he has a great NBA career ahead of him. He is set to sign his rookie contract with the City Thunder. He will be paid a handsome salary from his contract. He will make a good fortune out of his basketball career. At present, his net worth is estimated below $1 million. It is going to rise in the near future.