Zavion Michael Davenport, popularly known as Chi Chi DeVayne was an American drag queen and reality television personality. She rose to international prominence after she appeared as a contestant on the eighth season of RuPaul’s Drag Race. She later appeared on the third season of RuPaul’s Drage Race All-Stars. She has also been featured on several web series related to drag.
DeVayne died on 20 August 2020. She was diagnosed with scleroderma in 2018. While at the hospital for scleroderma-related kidney-failure, she died after contracting pneumonia.
She had over 526k followers on her Instagram @chichidevayneofficial.
What is Chi Chi DeVayne Famous For?
- Finished fourth on the eighth season of RuPaul’s Drag Race.
Where was Chi Chi DeVayne Born?
Chi Chi DeVayne was born on 24 September 1985. His birth name is Zavion Davenport. He was born in Shreveport, Louisiana in the United States. He held an American nationality. He grew up in Shreveport. His zodiac sign is Libra. He belonged to African-American ethnicity. Information about his parents and siblings is not available at present.
His mother sent him to gymnastics. In his 20s, he was in a dance company. He had a hard life growing up. He carried guns, joined gangs, and got into several troubles. He worked two nine-to-five jobs to support himself.
Chi Chi Ru Paul’s Drag Race
- She adopted the name Chi Chi DeVayne.
- Her drag mothers are Kourtni DeVayne and Lady Phat Kat.
- She competed on the eighth season of RuPaul’s Drag Race in 2016.
- She reached the top 4 in the competition.
- She stated about her experience after competing in Drag Race, “It changed everything in my life. Everything has turned in a different direction. Before, I was just like, ‘What’s a good job that I could get here in town, working in a factory.’ It’s crazy.”
- She appeared on RuPaul’s podcast RuPaul: What’s The Tee with Michelle Visage in 2016.
- She also appeared in RuPaul’s Drag Race’s companion show, Untucked in 2016.
- In 2017, she was part of a holiday tour, A Drag Queen Christmas.
- She appeared in web series, How to Makeup, and Craiglist Missed Connections in 2017.
- She was part of Max Emerson’s Drag Babies series in March 2018. Bob the Drag Queen hosted the show.
- She was a guest on web series, COSMO Queens, as well as in Watcha Packin’ in 2018.
- She later returned as a contestant on the third season of RuPaul’s Drag Race All-Stars in 2018.
- She was eliminated from the competition in the fourth episode, finishing eighth.
- She was also featured on RuPaul’s single, Sitting on a Secret” in 2018.
- She portrayed Jo-Jo in the theatre production of Women Behind Bars in 2019.
- She appeared in Valentine’s Day special web series, Hey Qween in 2019.
- She was featured in Randy Boo’s music video of “GFY” in 2020.
- She was a guest on web series, Bootleg Opinions in 2020.
- She made a guest appearance in the anthology web series, Little America in 2020.
Chi Chi DeVayne Cause of Death
Drag queen Chi Chi DeVayne died aged 34 on 20 August 2020. She was diagnosed with scleroderma in 2018. She was rushed to the hospital for kidney failure related to scleroderma on 17 July 2020. He had been undergoing dialysis treatment. He had posted about his condition on social media on 19 July 2020, “I let it go too long without going to the doctor and these are the consequences”. She also appreciated her fans and colleagues for their support.
DeVayne was re-admitted to the hospital after being diagnosed with pneumonia. He died on 20 August 2020, at the age of 34.
Chi Chi DeVayne Body Measurements
Chi Chi DeVayne stood at a height of 1.78 m i.e. 5 feet and 10 inches tall. He had a body weight of 154.5 lbs i.e. 70 kg. He had a voluptuous body build. His eye color was dark brown and his hair color was also dark brown. His sexual orientation was gay.
Chi Chi DeVayne Relationship
No information about his personal life is available. He might have dated in the past or might have been dating someone.