Chris Moyles is a British radio and TV presenter, author, and presenter of The Chris Moyles Show on Radio X. Back then, he presented The Chris Moyles Show on BBC Radio 1 from 2004 to 2012 and Chris Moyles’ Quiz Night from 2009 to 2012 on Channel 4. In addition, he has worked at various radio stations, including Radio Luxembourg (under the pseudonym Chris Holmes) and Capital FM. He presented the early breakfast show, a Saturday morning show, and the drive-time show (from September 1998 to December 2003), before presenting the breakfast show from 5 January 2004 to 14 September 2012. In September 2009, he was BBC Radio 1’s longest-serving breakfast presenter.
In addition to this, he made appearances on several television shows including Hotel Babylon, a celebrity version of Supermarket Sweep, Top Gear, The Charlotte Church Show, The F-Word, The Friday Night Project, The One Show, Friday Night with Jonathan Ross, Richard & Judy and The Paul O’Grady Show. He has won several Sony Radio Awards: Silver in 1998; Gold in 2006; nominated in 2007: Gold in 2008; Bronze in 2009; and Silver in 2010.
What is Chris Moyles Famous For?
- Chris Moyles is a radio, and TV presenter and author.
He is known for presenting shows on
- radio stations like WBHS (Wakefield’s Broadcast to Hospitals Service), Aire FM, Radio Top Shop, BBC, and Capital.
- He is famous for presenting television shows like Live With Chris Moyles on Channel 5, The Chris Moyles Show on UK satellite and cable channel UK Play, The Villa on Sky 1, Top of the Pops, Big Brother’s Big Mouth, The Big Breakfast, among others.
What is Chris Moyles’s Ethnicity?
Chris Moyles took birth on 22 February 1974 in Leeds, West Riding of Yorkshire, England. He is British when it comes to his nationality. His ethnicity is Mixed as he has Irish ancestry on his mother’s side and English ancestry on his father’s side. Christopher David Moyles is his born name. Pisces is his zodiac sign and his religion is Christian. His present age is 48 as of 2022. He is the son of his father, Chris Moyles, and his mother, Hannah Veronica. His dad worked as a postman and his mum is a housewife. He also has a brother namely Kieron Moyles. He attended Mount St Mary’s Catholic High School.
How was the Career of Chris Moyles?
- Chris began his broadcasting career at WBHS (Wakefield’s Broadcast to Hospitals Service), a voluntarily staffed hospital radio station in West Yorkshire city when he was at school.
- After that, he moved to the local radio station Aire FM as an assistant for DJ Carl Kingston.
- After hosting his own Saturday Evening Show on Aire FM (and occasionally serving as a stand-in presenter), he was then employed as a presenter at Radio Luxembourg in 1992, until the station closed.
- He gained a job at the Pulse of West Yorkshire, presenting the evening show from 7.00 pm–10.00 pm in the year 1993, and left in 1994 after he was dismissed.
- Next, he joined Signal 1 in Stoke-on-Trent – again presenting The Evening Bit from 7.00 pm–10.00 pm.
- He was heard on the Chiltern Radio Network, presenting the evening show from 7.00 pm–10.00 pm, before taking on the late show from 10.00 pm–1.00 am in the year 1995.
- He joined London station Capital FM hosting his weekend show ‘The Late Bit’ in 1996.
- After a year, he joined Radio 1 in July.
- He hosted the 4.00 am–7.00 am Early Breakfast show – soon called The Early Bit.
- Next, he was promoted to a Saturday breakfast, then Saturday mid-morning slot from 10.00 am–1.00 pm.
- His next promotion came in October 1998 when he took control of the drivetime show from 4.00 pm–5:45 pm.
- On 5 January 2004, he started presenting Radio 1’s breakfast program, named The Chris Moyles Show.
- On 7 September 2009, he became the longest-serving breakfast presenter on Radio 1, breaking the record previously set by Tony Blackburn.
- On 1 July 2011, it was announced that Moyles would remain with the BBC until at least 2014.
- On 11 July 2012, he announced that he would be leaving the breakfast show and the station on 14 September.
- On 7 September 2015, it was announced Chris Moyles would return to radio on the newly re-branded Radio X (previously XFM) hosting the new Chris Moyles Show.
- He stated Dominic Byrne, who read the news on his BBC Radio 1 show, would return with him, as would producer Pippa Taylor.
- On 19 April 2016, it was announced that there would be an additional pre-recorded show on Saturday mornings between 8 am-11.00 am featuring clips from the week, interviews with studio guests plus new content, which means that Chris is on air on Radio X 6 days a week.
Work outside radio
- He was one of a team of celebrities who climbed Mount Kilimanjaro to raise money for Comic Relief reaching the summit on 7 March 2009.
- He recorded a parody song around this time to promote the climb, mentioning all the names of the people that were also taking part – it was based on Lily Allen’s “The Fear”, and was called “(A month off of) The Beer”.
- He has provided his voice and/or likeness to a number of films and games. His face was used in “24: The Game”. His voice can be heard in the films Wimbledon, War of the Worlds, and Robots.
- In 2002, his own Channel 5 show, Live With Chris Moyles, ran five shows a week for 13 weeks.
- He also voiced the fourth and final series of the Sky1 show The Villa.
- He has occasionally presented Top of the Pops.
- He has also worked for the Comic Relief and Children in Need charities on their telecasts.
- He has presented a number of episodes of Big Brother’s Big Mouth.
- He also presented The Big Breakfast on Channel 4 several times between 2000 and 2002.
- He presented the launch of BBC Three in 2003.
- He launched a new show on Channel 4, called Chris Moyles’ Quiz Night on 22 March 2009.
- On 24 October 2011, The Metro announced that Moyles would co-present a new dating show, The Love Machine, alongside Stacey Solomon for Sky. He then confirmed this on his radio show that morning.
- He appeared on the ITV show The X Factor: Battle of the Stars.
- He regularly appears on This Morning and Celebrity Juice.
- He played himself in an episode of the drama Hotel Babylon in 2007.
- He has appeared as a guest on numerous British television shows, including the ninth series of Top Gear, Never Mind The Buzzcocks, which immortalized Moyles as an “oily pig in a dunce hat” The Charlotte Church Show, The F-Word, The Friday Night Project, Richard & Judy, and The New Paul O’Grady Show.
- In addition, he appeared at the Brit Awards to present the award for the best live act and appeared in the BBC documentary series Comedy Map of Britain in 2008.
- He has appeared on Channel 4’s Big Brother: Celebrity Hijack TV program, as well as an appearance as a team captain on the Channel 4, show Alan Carr’s Celebrity Ding Dong on 18 July 2008 he appeared on Jimmy Carr’s show on Channel 4, 8 Out of 10 Cats.
- He was a guest on BBC One’s The One Show on 23rd February 2009.
- In July 2009, he was featured in an episode of the genealogy documentary series Who Do You Think You Are? on BBC One.
- He also co-presented Children in Need Rocks Manchester in November 2011.
- He appeared on the quiz show The Million Pound Drop.
- He appeared on Children in Need on 16 November 2012.
- On 31 October 2022, he was announced by ITV as a campmate of the 2022 series of I’m a Celebrity…Get Me Out of Here!. In the promo video, Moyles says “It’s only three weeks in the middle of a jungle; What could possibly go wrong?”
- His autobiography, The Gospel according to Chris Moyles: The Story of One Man and His Mouth was released by Ebury Press on 5 October 2006.
- His second book Chris Moyles: The Difficult Second Book was released in paperback on 1 May 2008.
How much is Chris Moyles’s Net Worth?
Chris Moyles is a radio, and television presenter, and author whose net worth is estimated to have $8 Million as of 2022. His main source of wealth comes from the entertainment industry. He is making an annual salary of around $1 Million at present. He has worked at several radio stations, including Radio Luxembourg (as Chris Holmes) and Capital FM.
He invests his earnings in a single private company called Verona Creative. It was founded in 2014, and its activities include “radio broadcasting” and “television programming and broadcasting.” It also includes an investment property in Leeds purchased in May 2021 for £270,000. In 1999, he bought a garden flat in Hampstead, London. He works for the property management company that manages his building. He is living a lavish lifestyle right now.
Who is Chris Moyles’s Girlfriend?
Chris Moyles is an unmarried man but he is currently in a relationship. He is dating Tiffany Austin since 2015. The duo is enjoying their present life a lot. A source revealed: “Though they do make a great couple and are already getting serious. “Tiff moved from Los Angeles to live in London, which is a huge step. His sexual orientation is straight and he is not gay.
Chris was in a relationship with Ana Boulter, a British television presenter in 1999 but separated in 2002. Next, he dated Sophie in 2002. They dated for almost 8 years before parting in September 2010.
How tall is Chris Moyles?
Chris Moyles stands at the height of 5 ft 9 in or 175 cm and his body weight consist of 80 KG or 176.5 lbs. His body type is average. He has dark brown hair with silver streaks. His eye color is dark brown. He has an immaculate voice. He has got a healthy body with a charming personality.
Leave a Reply