Christopher Scott Petersen famed as Chris Petersen is a famous American football coach who is the head coach at the University of Washington. He has also guided the Broncos to two BCS bowl wins the 2007 and 2010 Fiesta Bowls. He is the first two-time winner of the Paul “Bear” Bryant Award, which he won in 2006 and 2009. He announced his resignation on 2nd December 2019, to be effective after the team’s bowl game.
Chris Petersen’s departure at the Univ. of Washington
Petersen played a few years of college football before earning a psychology degree at UC Davis and starting his own coaching career in 1987. He spent eight years leading Boise State, where he won several coaching awards, before taking the UW gig in 2013. His career record as head coach is 146-38, or a .793 winning percentage. Petersen was later asked about the demands of a college football coaching job. His answer again provided food for thought for anybody in high-stress work. “It’s one of those jobs that is extremely heavy on the balance of your life,” he explained. “You know, the definition of success…one of mine is to be able to control the quality and balance of your life. And you cannot do that in this job.
- Being the head coach at the University of Washington.
Which High School and College did Chris Petersen attend?
Chris Petersen born as On 13th October 1964, Chris Petersen was born as Christopher Scott Petersen in Yuba City, California, United States. As of 2019, he celebrated his 55th birthday with his friends. He is American by nationality and he belongs to White ethnicity. His ethnicity is white whereas his birth sign is Libra. He is the son of Ron Petersen. He was born and raised in his birthplace. He attended Yuba City High School where he played as quarterbacks for the high school team. Upon completing high school graduation, he attended Sacramento City College where he played football for two seasons and then transferred on a scholarship to UC Davis. He received a bachelor’s degree in psychology in 1988 and a master’s degree in education from UC Davis.
How was the Coaching Career of Chris Petersen?
- Chris Petersen started his coaching career from the year 1987 as the head freshman coach at UC Davis under Hall of Fame coach Jim Sochor.
- He became the receivers coach for the varsity, departing in 1992 to become the quarterback’s coach at Pittsburgh in the year 1989.
- He coached QB Alex Van Pelt to a season where he threw for over 3,100 yards with twenty touchdowns at Pittsburgh.
- He moved back west in 1993 to coach the quarterbacks at Portland State under Tim Walsh.
- He moved over to Oregon in 1995 as the receivers coach and spent six years as an assistant for the Ducks under head coach Mike Bellotti.
- He was hired as the offensive coordinator at Boise State by newly-promoted head coach Dan Hawkins in 2001.
- He as promoted to head coach on 16th December 2005.
- In his first year as head coach, he led the Broncos to an undefeated regular season in 2006.
- He became the fourth rookie head coach to lead a team to a BCS bowl game; Boise State was the only undefeated team in Division I FBS for the 2006 season.
- After the undefeated season of 2006, the Idaho State Board of Education approved a new contract for him on 22nd February 2007 paying him $4.25 million for five years or $850,000 per year.
- On 1st January 2010, he was rewarded with a new five-year contract extension.
- The state board of education approved the new contract on April 22, which paid $8 million over five years, or $1.6 million per year.
- His last contract in Boise was agreed to on 3rd January 2012.
- The five-year, $18 million deal called for a base salary of $2 million for the 2012 season, with $200,000 raises in each subsequent season.
- He agreed to a five-year, $18 million contract to become the new head coach at Washington on 6th December 2013.
- In his first season in 2014, Washington went 8-6 and lost in the Cactus Bowl to Oklahoma State.
- He then signed a two-year contract extension near the end of the 2015 season.
- After the season, his contract was extended through 2023 with an average salary of $4.875 million per year.
- This new contract makes him the highest-paid coach in the Pac-12.
- He led the Huskies to another Pac-12 title in 2018.
- After losing numerous key starters to the NFL Draft, the 2019 Huskies regressed from previous seasons, finishing the regular season 7-5.
- Petersen and the Huskies did win their seventh straight Apple Cup in 2019, blowing out Washington State, 31-13.
- He announced he would step down as Washington’s head coach at the end of the season and assume a leadership advisory role with the athletics program on 2nd December 2019.
Who is the Wife of Chris Petersen?
Talking about the marital status of Chris Petersen, he is a married person. He married his long-term girlfriend Barbara. He has not mentioned the exact date of his marriage. They are also the proud parents of two kids named Jack and Sam. The duo is extremely happy in their relationship. There is no news or rumors of divorce between the lovely couple. As of today, they are enjoying their life a lot. His sexual orientation is straight and he is not gay.
What is the Net Worth of Chris Petersen?
The net worth of this famous head coach is accumulated to have $10 Million as of 2019 with an annual salary of $3.8 million. He has made a huge amount of wealth over the years. He earned it all by himself and he deserves all of it. He has been deriving his net worth from his coaching career. With all the fortune in a million dollars, he must be living a lavish and luxurious lifestyle.
How tall is Chris Petersen?
Chris Peterson is a very handsome person with a cool attitude. With his charming smile and glowing face, he attracts a lot of people toward him. He has got a tall height matching with his body weight. But the exact details regarding his height, weight, and other body measurements will be added once it gets revealed. Overall, he maintained his body a lot and he had got a healthy body.