Chris Taylor Brown is a famous American musician who became the lead vocalist of the rock band “Trapt”. The band “Trapt” is popular for their chart-topping singles such as “Headstrong”, “Still Fame”, and “Echo”. The single “Headstrong” reached number one on both the Modern Rock Tracks and Hot Mainstream Rock Tracks. Their self titled album went certified platinum. The band’s last song entitled “New Beginning” was also featured in the film “Dragon Ball Z: The Return of Cooler”. The band members of “Trapt” band includes vocalist Chris Taylor Brown, bassist Pete Charell and guitarist Brendan Hengle. Whereas the other past members include Manny Terres, Mike Smith, Aaron Azlant, Simon Ormandy, Rick Sanders, David Stege, Robin Diaz, Aaron “Monty” Montgomery, Robb Torres, Travis Miguel, Dylan Thomas Howard, Ty Fury, David Suddock, and Collin Dz. He and the band members formed in the mid-90s under the name “Swinging Udders”. Altogether, the band has recorded eight studio albums to date: Amalgamation (1999), Trapt (2002), Someone in Control (2005), Only Through the Pain (2008), No Apologies (2010), Reborn (2013), DNA (2016), and Shadow Work (2020).
The Rock Band “Trapt” Parts Ways With Vocalist Chris Taylor Brown
The band has officially parted ways with vocalist Chris Taylor Brown after many controversies on social media. The band has made it clear that “there were some viewpoints that were said (by him) that we do not agree with”. This year, we saw a series of inflammatory social media outbursts by Brown which resulted in the social media accounts of the band being suspended. The band has been in news this year for several wrong reasons. Apparently, their vocalist, Chris Taylor Brown had been posting a number of controversial statements from the band’s official social media handles and appeared to be Trapt tweets. This led to Facebook and Twitter banning/suspending the band’s account from their platforms. Recently, Trapt took to Parler and made it official on the platform that they are parting ways with Chris. They also mentioned that the controversies were impacting the other band members negatively. Further, the band stated in the post that they “wish him (Chris) well and hope he can find the help he needs”, here is what Trapt’s Parler post read:
We have officially parted ways with @CTBTrapt. Unfortunately, there were some viewpoints that were said that we do not agree with and it was negatively impacting the rest of the band. We wish him well and hope he can find the help he needs.
To our fan: Thanks you for the support that you have all given us through these times. We will now be focusing on only provided updates for the band on our social media accounts. You may still find his views and opinions on his accounts.l, if you wish.
To the “trolls”: We have heard you and are sorry we allowed this to go on for so long. We would like to start fresh and hope you can forgive us and take another chance at listening to our music in the future.
According to the report in the media portal, Chris Taylor commented on the post where he “Wow… Are you kidding me?! What the f*** do the p****** think they are going to be able to accomplish without me? They are going to have to change their name. Good luck finding another singer as good as me! Stupid b******!”
- Being an American Musician.
- Becoming the lead vocalist of the rock band “Trapt”.
What is the Birthplace of Chris Taylor Brown?
Born on 19th March 1981, Chris Taylor Brown’s birthplace is in California, the USA. His hometown is in Los Gatos. He holds an American nationality and his ethnicity is American-White. His race is White. As of 2020, he celebrated his 39th birthday. Pisces is his Zodiac sign and his religion is Christian. Details about his parents, siblings, and educational background have not been disclosed yet.
The Band “Trapt” (Formation-Present)
- The members of “Trapt” met in middle school in the mid-’90s. They then formed the band under the name “Swinging Udders” with Manny Terres on guitar and Aaron Azlant on lead vocals.
- Later, the band reformed and developed an act with Chris Taylor Brown (lead vocals), Simon Ormandy (guitar), Peter “Pete” Charell (bass), and David Stege (drums).
- After that, they started playing at local venues in the year 1997. Later, they recorded and released their first CD, “Amalgamation” in the year 1999, second, the “Glimpse EP” in the year 2002, and another self-titled “Trapt” in 2001.
- Later, the band signed with Warner Bros. Records and started recording their debut album “Trapt” which was released later on 5th November 2002 with a total of three singles.
- On 30th March 2004, the band released a self-titled three-track EP.
- Their second full-length album, titled “Someone in Control”, was released on 13th September 2005.
- Their live album titled Trapt Live!, was released on 18th September 2007.
- It was announced on 7th March 2008 that lead guitarist Simon Ormandy had parted ways with the band but he was then replaced by Robb Torres.
- The band released “Who’s Going Home With You Tonight?” on 8th March 2008.
- Trapt announced on 15th April 2008 that they would be touring as part of Motley Crue’s “Crue Fest” which began on 1st July 2008.
- “No Apologies” was released on 12th October 2010. The band’s 7th Album “DNA” was released on 19th August 2016. In May 2020, a new studio album, “Shadow Work”, was announced which was released in the following July selling only 600 copies.
- In November 2020, Spin reported that Facebook had deleted Trapt’s page on the grounds of hate speech.
- In December 2020, the band’s Twitter account was suspended after Brown wrote a series of tweets defending statutory rape.
- Recently, on 14th December 2020, the band announced that they had split with a vocalist, Chris Taylor Brown due to the statements he made online.
Who is Chris Taylor Brown Dating?
Reflecting the marital status of Chris Taylor Brown, it is unknown as he has not mentioned anything about his personal life to the media. There is not much about his personal relation and girlfriend as he always maintains a distance in his personal life and media. Thus, he is a very secretive man while coming towards his private life. He can be assumed single as of now as there are no rumors about his affairs, relationship, dating with anyone. His sexual orientation is straight and he is not gay. He is focusing on his career as of today rather than being in a relationship.
How much is Chris Taylor Brown’s Net Worth 2020?
Chris Taylor Brown is a well-famed musician who has made a huge amount of money from his singing career. His major source of wealth comes from his singing career with the release of songs, albums, and more. With the band member “Trapt”, he has released many songs, albums, singles, and toured as well. As of 2020, the net worth of this Trapt’s lead vocalist is estimated to have in millions. The exact net worth of Chris is still to get unfold yet. Similarly, his salary is also a mystery as he has not mentioned anything about it neither any sources has revealed it. But there is no doubt in the mind of his followers that he is making a good amount of money from his singing career and he is satisfied with his career earnings. He is living a cool lifestyle from his earnings.
How tall is Chris Taylor Brown?
Chris Taylor Brown is a very handsome man with short black hair. His body build is athletic. He has a light brown eye color. He has a fair skin complexion. He stands tall at the perfect height matching his balanced body weight. The exact details about his height, weight, and other body measurements such as chest size, waist size, biceps size, and more are still to get unfold yet. He maintains his body a lot. Overall, he has got a healthy body with a charming personality attracting a lot of people towards him. He is very conscious of his food intake. He has a very glowing face.