Christian Jackson McCaffrey famed as Christian McCaffrey is a famous American football running back for the Carolina Panthers of the National Football League (NFL). He played college football at Stanford and was drafted by the Panthers with the eighth overall pick in the 2017 NFL Draft. He was the AP College Football Player of the Year and the runner-up for the Heisman Trophy and he holds the NCAA record for most all-purpose yards in a season with 3,864. Overall, he is a very talented footballer.
Christian McCaffrey named NFL Fantasy Player of the Year
Christian McCaffrey’s record-breaking 2019 season earned a big stamp of recognition on Saturday as he was named the NFL Fantasy Player of the Year at the league’s ninth annual NFL Honors ceremony ahead of Super Bowl LIV. The award caps a stellar campaign in which McCaffrey was named AP All-Pro First Team at both the running back and flex positions after joining the exclusive 1,000-1,000 club. He was also named to his first Pro Bowl and earned PFWA All-NFL honors and Sporting News All-Pro honors. He led the NFL with 2,392 scrimmage yards, third-most by any player in NFL history. He scored 19 total touchdowns which tied for the most in the NFL in 2019.
What is the Birthplace of Christian McCaffrey?
On 7th June 1996, Christian McCaffrey was born in Castle Rock, Colorado. As of 2019, he celebrated his 23rd birthday with his friends and families. His nationality is American and his ethnicity is White. He attended Valor Christian High School and later went to Stanford College. His father Ed McCaffrey is a former professional footballer who was a wide receiver in the National Football League for the 13th season and Lisa Sime who played soccer at Stanford. grew up with his older brother Max, who is now a wide receiver with the NFL’s wide receiver for the San Francisco 49ers, younger brother, Dylan, for Michigan Wolverines football, and his youngest brother, Luke, a high school quarterback in Colorado. He is Christian by religion.
How Christian McCaffrey began his career?
- Christian played in all 13 games as a true freshman at Stanford in 2014 where he finished the year with 300 rushing yards on 43 carries and 251 receiving yards on 17 receptions with two total touchdowns.
- He had a breakout sophomore season in 2015 where he broke Barry Sanders’s NCAA record of 3,250 all-purpose yards, finishing with 3,864.
- He was a consensus All-American and was the Associated Press College Football Player of the Year, Pac-12 Player of the Year, and Paul Hornung Award, winner.
- Moreover, he also finished second to Alabama’s Derrick Henry in the 2015 Heisman Trophy voting.
- He became the first player to rush for over 100 yards (172) and have over 100 yards receiving (109) in a Rose Bowl game during the 2016 Rose Bowl against Iowa.
- He set a new Rose Bowl record with 368 all-purpose yards, breaking the previous record set in 2012 by Wisconsin’s Jared Abbrederis.
- He led the nation in all-purpose yards (211.6 yards per game) in 2016.
- After being injured during the Cardinal’s 42-16 loss to Washington State on October 8, he sat out for the team’s 17-10 victory in the 2016 edition of the Notre Dame-Stanford rivalry the following week.
- He was named to the 2016 All-Pac-12 first team and was named the CoSIDA Academic All-American of the Year. After the season, he decided to enter the 2017 NFL Draft.
- He announced on 19th December that he would not participate in the team’s Sun Bowl game against North Carolina, opting to skip the game to prepare for the NFL Draft.
- He was ranked the third-best running back in the draft by Sports Illustrated, the fourth-best running back by Pro Football Focus, and ranked the second-best by NFLDraftScout.com and ESPN.
- The Carolina Panthers selected him in the first round with the eighth overall pick in the 2017 NFL Draft.
- He was the second running back taken, after fourth overall pick Leonard Fournette.
- On 4th May 2017, the Carolina Panthers signed him to a four-year, $17.2 million contract with a signing bonus of $10.7 million.
- He made his NFL season debut in the Panthers’ season-opener against the San Francisco 49ers and recorded 47 rushing yards, 38 receiving yards, and a lost fumble in a 23-3 victory.
- He finished his rookie season with 435 rushing yards, two rushing touchdowns, 80 receptions, 651 receiving yards, and five receiving touchdowns.
- In Week 2, against the Atlanta Falcons, he recorded a career-high 14 receptions for 102 receiving yards to go along with 37 rushing yards in the 31-24 loss.
- He finished the 2018 season with 1,098 rushing yards, seven rushing touchdowns, 107 receptions, 867 receiving yards, and six receiving touchdowns.
- He became the first white running back to rush for over 1,000 yards in a season since Peyton Hillis in 2010, and only the second since Craig James in 1985.
- In Week 1 against the Los Angeles Rams, he rushed 19 times for 128 yards and two touchdowns and caught 10 passes for 81 yards as the Panthers lost 27-30.
- He recorded his 53rd reception, breaking LaDainian Tomlinson’s record for the most catches by a running back in an NFL player’s first three seasons.
- In Week 15 against the Seattle Seahawks, he rushed 19 times for 87 yards and two touchdowns and caught eight passes for 88 yards during the 30-24 loss.
- In Week 17 against the New Orleans Saints, he rushed nine times for 26 yards and a touchdown and caught seven passes for 72 yards in the 42-10 loss.
- He finished the 2019 season with 1,387 rushing yards and 15 rushing touchdowns to go along with 116 receptions for 1,005 receiving yards and four receiving touchdowns.
- This performance led to him being selected for his first Pro Bowl, played January 26, 2020.
What is the Net Worth of Christian McCaffrey?
Christian McCaffrey signed a 4-year contract worth $17,241,304 with the Carolina Panthers, including a $10.6 million signing bonus, $17. 2 million, and an average annual salary of $4.3 million. In the year 2018, he made a base salary of $1,248,695, while carrying a cap hit of $3.9 million and a dead cap value of $14 million. In the year 2019 and 2020, he will receive $2,032,390 and $2,816,090 with signing bonus of $2,669,782 each year. His net worth in 2019 is expected to be well over $8 million. Overall, he is satisfied with his earnings.
Is Christian McCaffrey Married or Not?
Christian McCaffrey is an unmarried person. But he is rumored to be dating Olivia Culpo who is an American fashion influencer, reality television and social media personality, former beauty pageant titleholder, and actress. The couple was seen together in Mexico vacationing with some of their friends. They reportedly met each other through a mutual friend and have been together since then.
Previously, he dated Brooke Pettet who is a student of journalism and attended the Walter Cronkite School of Journalism from 2013 to 2017. He has also dated Marybeth Sant.
How tall is Christian McCaffrey?
Christian McCaffrey is a very handsome person with a tall height of 1.80 m. His balanced weight consists of 93 Kg. His other body measurements have not been revealed by any sources yet but it will be added once we get information about it. Overall, he has got a healthy body with an athletic body build attracting a lot of people towards him. He has also got a nice personality.