Christina Aguilera is an American singer, songwriter, and actress. She rose to prominence in the early 2000s and has so far sold over 50 million records worldwide while winning at least 5 Grammy Awards. Read on to discover how she rose to fame as well as other contributions to her wealth through this article.
What is Christina Aguilera famous for?
An American singer, songwriter, actress and television personality. Her accolades include five Grammy Awards, one Latin Grammy Award, and a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. With estimated sales of 75 million records, she is one of the world’s best-selling music artists.
Where is Christina Aguilera born?
Recalling her early life, Christina Aguilera was born as Christina María Aguilera in New York City, New York, USA. Her parents are Shelly Fidler and Fausto Aguilera. Her siblings are Michael, Stephanie, Rachel, and Casey. Her parents divorced when she was a child. She then lived with her mother and her grandmother.
As a child, She attended Rochester Area School District before going onto attend Marshall Middle School. While in school, she was often bullied because of her early acting career with Disney on The Mickey Mouse Club. Eventually, because of her bullying problem, her mother decided to homeschool her.
How Christina Aguilera become a part of the entertainment industry?
- Talking about her career, Christina has had a love for music ever since she was a child. She often performed in talent competitions as a child and teenager. However, it wasn’t until 1998 that her professional music career began when she recorded a cover of the Disney song, “Reflection” from the animated movie, Mulan.
- Soon after, she signed a contract with RCA Records. Christina Aguilera then released her first self-titled album with this record company in 1999. The album was a major success, and reached the RIAA 8x Platinum, selling more than 14,000,000 records worldwide.
- Her second album, Mi Reflejo, was released in 2000 with BGM U.S. Latin Records. This album was not as popular as her first album, but it still went RIAA 6x Platinum and sold more than 3,000,000 albums worldwide.
- For her third album, she returned to working with RCA Records to release My Kind of Christmas in late 2000. This album was even less successful than her second album, but it still went Platinum.
- Her next album, Stripped, was released in 2002. This album was almost as famous as her first album, selling more than 10,000,000 albums worldwide.
- It then wasn’t until 2006 that she released her next album, Back to Basics. This album reached #1 on the charts around the world.
- She released her next album, Bionic, in 2010. This album was in the top 10 in the charts around the world. So far, it has reached a status of RIAA Gold. Her most recent album, Lotus, was released in 2012. So far, it has sold over 200,000 copies in the United States.
- As a child, She was on the Disney show The Mickey Mouse Club. She was on this show for about two years. Many other future celebrities, like Justin Timberlake, also had their acting start on this show. However, after working on this show, she mostly focused on her musical career for several years. It wasn’t until the 2010’s that she returned to the screen.
- In 2010, She had a small part in the film Get Him to the Greek and a much larger part in the film Burlesque. Then, in 2011, she began working as a judge on the singing television show, The Voice. She continued to work on this show until 2016. She later played herself as a judge on this show in the comedy musical film Pitch Perfect 2.
- Some of her other most recent projects include both voice acting roles and live acting roles. Some of the films and television shows she has appeared in included recording a disco song titled “Telepathy” featuring Nile Rodgers for the soundtrack of Netflix original series The Get Down (2016), being a voice actress for The Emoji Movie (2017), and starring in the romantic science fiction film Zoe (2018).
- In October 2019, Aguilera released the song “Haunted Heart” from the soundtrack of the computer-animated Addams Family film.
Who is Christina Aguilera’s husband?
Reflecting on her personal life, Christina got married to her boyfriend Jordan Bratman, who is a record producer in 2015. She got married in a nondenominational ceremony that cost her $2 million US dollars. She wore a Christian Lacroix gown for her ceremony. In 2008, she gave birth to her son Max Liron Bratman and after five years of their marriage, Aguilera and Bratman decided to separate. They got an official divorce in 2011.
Since 2010, She got hooked up with Matthew Rutler, her production assistant and later engaged in 2014. There are recent rumors that the couple secretly slips, but the off-base reports about the non-existent split are confirmed to be just hoaxes as the couple is still together. They both got nothing but mad love for each other and are still going strong.
What is Christina Aguilera’s net worth?
Being a part of the entertainment industry since 1993, Christina earns the sum of a good amount of money and fame through her profession as a singer, songwriter, actress and TV personality. Based on online reports, her estimated net worth said to be $160 million at present. However, her annual salary is said to somewhere around $15 million.
How tall is Christina Aguilera?
Observing her body physics, Christina stands a height of 5 feet 2 inches and weighs around 50 Kg. She has a pair of blue eyes and blonde hair color. She used 34DD bra size and 2 (US) dress sizes. Further, her body measures 36-32-39 inches.