Chuck Woolery is an American former game show host, talk show host, and musician who is known for having long-running tenures hosting several game shows. Woolery gained his first recognition as an original host of “Wheel of Fortune”(1975–1981). He also hosted several hit shows including “Love Connection”(1983–1994), “Scrabble”(1984–1990), “Greed”(1999-2000), and “Lingo”(2002-2007).
On July 12, 2020, Woolery tweeted conspiracy theories that the CDC, doctors, the media, and Democrats were lying about the COVID-19 pandemic. On the response of which President Donald Trump retweeted Woolery’s claims and the following day, when he revealed about his son tested positive and that “Covid-19 is real”, his Twitter account was deleted.
What is Chuck Woolery Famous for?
- Famous for hosting “Wheel of Fortune”, “Love Connection”.
Where was Chuck Woolery Born?
Chuck Woolery was born on March 16, 1941, in Ashland, Kentucky, United States. His birth name is Charles Herbert Woolery. His nationality is American. Woolery belongs to White ethnicity while Pisces is his zodiac sign.
Chuck was born in a middle-class family to Dan Woolery(father) and Katherine Woolery(mother). His father, Dan worked in a daytime medical store while his mother, Katherine worked as an employee in a call center. He grew up along with his sister, Sue Woolery in his hometown.
After graduating from high school, he served two years in the US Navy. He used to play football and used to show magic tricks during his school. At the age of 22, Woolery began working as a wine consultant for Wasserstrom Wine & Import Company in Columbus, Ohio.
He also worked as a sales representative for the Pillsbury Company.
Chuck Woolery’s Career Highlights
- Chuck Woolery began his career initially plying the double bass with a folk song trio called “The Bordermen”.
- He also sang in a duo, “The Avant-Garde” alongside Elkin “Bubba” Fowler, they even got signed to Columbia Records, released 3 singles, and had a Top 40 hit with “Naturally Stoned” in 1968.
- Woolery also worked as a solo artist releasing five records with Columbia. He later got signed with RCA and released “Forgive My Heart”.
- He charted on Hot Country Songs with “Painted Lady” and “The Greatest Love Affair”.
- Woolery was a co-writer of “The Joys of Being a Woman”, that peaked at No. 2 on the Billboard Country Singles chart.
- He started his acting career with his appearance as Mr. Dingle in children’s television show, “New Zoo Revue” in 1972. He also made his first game show appearance on an episode of Tattletales.
- In 1975, he made his film debut in “Evil in the Deep”. The same year, he began hosting a popular game show, “Wheel of Fortune”. He remained in the show for 6 years till 1981.
- He has appeared in several series and films including “Sonic Boom”, “$weepstake$”, “Romance Theatre”, “Six Pack”, “227”, “Cold Feet”, “Hey, Hey, It’s the Monkees” and “Scrubs”.
- In 1983, he began hosting a dating game show, “Love Connection” which he ran for 11 years till 1994.
- He has hosted several shows including The Big Spin (1985), Scrabble (1984–1990, 1993), The Home and Family Show (1996–1998, co-host), The Dating Game (1997–1999), Greed (1999–2000), TV Land Ultimate Fan Search (1999–2000) and Lingo (2002–2007).
- Woolery was the subject of a short-lived reality show, “Chuck Woolery: Naturally Stoned” in 2003. He also hosted his own talk show, “The Chuck Woolery Show” that lasted for only a few months.
- He hosted “The Price Is Right Live!” at Harrah’s casinos, and appeared in the live stage show “$250,000 Game Show Spectacular”.
- Woolery has hosted a nationally syndicated radio commentary show, “Save Us, Chuck Woolery” in 2012.
- In 2014, he began a long-format podcast, “Blunt Force Truth”.
- Besides, he has spoken publicly in favor of conservative political opinions and is an active supporter of the Republican Party.
- On July 12, 2020, Woolery tweeted conspiracy theories that the CDC, doctors, the media, and Democrats were lying about the COVID-19 pandemic.
Chuck Woolery’s Wife and Children
Chuck Woolery has been married four times. He first got married to Margaret Hayes in 1961, with whom he had two children together, Katherine and Chad. However, his son, Chad was killed in a motorcycle accident in January 1986.
After 10 years of marriage, he got divorced from Hays and in 1972 he got married to his second wife, Jo Ann Pflug. Pflug is an American film and television actress with whom he shares a daughter named Melissa. They remained together for over 8 years till 1980. His third wife was Teri Nelson, the adopted daughter of actor David Nelson, with whom he has two sons, Michael and Sean.
Currently, Woolery is married to his fourth wife, Kim Barnes. Barnes is 15 years younger than him with whom he got married on July 17, 2006.
Chuck Woolery’s Net Worth
Chuck Woolery has quite good earnings from his professional career as a game show host. Having been in this field for over 3 decades, Woolery has managed to amass a million worth fortune from his several shows.
His net worth is estimated to be around $15 million.
Chuck Woolery’s Height
Chuck Woolery is a handsome man who still has dashing look even in his 70s. Woolery stands tall with a height of 6ft. 2inch. while his body weight is around 90kg. He has a fair complexion with light brown hair and green eyes.