A Canadian professional ice hockey coach and former player is named for Claude Julien who is currently the head coach of the Montreal Canadiens of the National Hockey League (NHL). He was the longest-tenured head coach in the NHL. He was also an assistant coach for the Canadian national team at the 2014 Winter Olympics, where he led the team to a gold medal victory. Overall, he is a very talented coach.
Claude Julien experiments with his forward lines
After a game in which the Montreal Canadiens struggled to get things going, relying on their goaltender to bank them a point, Claude Julien has shaken up the lineup he initially stuck with after a key win versus the Boston Bruins. All four forward lines are affected in the shakeup. The Los Angeles Kings, who currently occupy the 30th spot in the standings, is a good team to experiment against, and Julien has really tinkered with his alignment this morning. On defense, Brett Kulak takes Mikey Reilly’s spot, getting back in the lineup for the first time in over two weeks. After going with a beefed-up top pair of Ben Chiarot and Shea Weber versus the Bruins, it will be a second straight game with Victor Mete back on the main duo. Carey Price gets the start at home on a Saturday night. He will probably be hoping for less work than he had versus the Philadelphia Flyers on Thursday.
Who are the parents and siblings of Claude Julien?
On 23rd April 1960, Claude Julien was born in Blind River, Ontario, Canada which is his birthplace. He was raised in the suburb of Orleans, in Ottawa. He belongs to Canadian nationality and his race/ethnicity is White. He is Christian by religion and his birth sign is Taurus. As of 2019, he celebrated his 59th birthday. He was born to Marcel Julien, his father and Bela Julien, his mother. He also has a brother named Rick and a sister Natalie. There is no information regarding his education but it will be added soon.
How tall is Claude Julien?
At the age of fifty-nine, Julien still looks very handsome and young. He has maintained his body a lot. His body build is average. He has a standard height of six feet and his body weight is 88 kg. His other body measurements such as waist size, biceps size and more will be added once we get details about it. He is a multi-talented by his personality. He can speak English and French. His smiling face and charming personality have helped him to gain the attention of all the viewers. He works out and eats healthy. He has got a healthy body. Overall, he has a decent height and a unique body figure.
How was the Career (Beginning-Present) of Claude Julie? (Coaching)
- Claude Julien spent six years in the Ontario Hockey League (OHL).
- He then started playing ice hockey as a youth in 1972 and 1973 Quebec International Pee-Wee Hockey Tournaments.
- He was an NHL defenceman for the Quebec Nordiques in the 1984 and 1986 seasons.
- He has also played in the Central Hockey League (CHL) for the Salt Lake Golden Eagles.
- With the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League (QMJHL), he began his professional coaching career for the Hull Olympiques.
- He won the Memorial Cup in the year 1997.
- He served as head coach for the AHL’s Hamilton Bulldogs from the year 2000 to the year 2003.
- He won a bronze medal as the head coach of the Canadian junior team in the year 2000.
- He has also served as an assistant coach to Marc Habscheid at the 2006 Men’s World Ice Hockey Championships.
- He became head coach of the Montreal Canadiens on 17th January 2003.
- His first full season as an NHL head coach was in 2003-2004 season where he led Montreal to a 93-point performance (41-30-7-4 record).
- On 14th January 2006, he was fired and replaced by General Manager Bob Gainey.
- On 13th June 2006, he was announced as the head coach of the New Jersey Devils becoming the 15th head coach in Devils history.
- He won his first game as Devils head coach with a 4-0 win against the defending Stanley Cup champions on 6th October 2006.
- It was confirmed by various sports websites on 22nd June 2007 that he had been named as the 28th head coach of the Boston Bruins.
- He led the team back to the playoffs in his first season as Boston coach.
- He coached his 200th win as an NHL head coach on 17th February 2009.
- At the end of the 2008-2009 season, he was awarded the Jack Adams Award as coach of the year on 18th June 2009.
- The 2010-2011 season saw Julien coach the Bruins to the third-seed in the playoffs and a first-round matchup against the rival Montreal Canadiens.
- In the Conference Finals, the Bruins faced off against the Tampa Bay Lightning for their first chance at a Stanley Cup where the Bruins won the match.
- He reached multiple personal coaching milestones during the 2011-2012 season.
- He coached his 400th game behind the Bruin bench on 19th March 2012.
- He led his team to their second Stanley Cup Finals in three years in the 2012-2013 season.
- His team won the Presidents’ Trophy for the best regular-season record in the NHL in the 2013-2014 season.
- The Bruins failed to make the playoffs for the first time since he took over the role as Bruins head coach in the 2014-2015 season.
- He was relieved of his coaching duties after leading the team with a 26-23-6 record on 7th February 2017.
- He was named the head coach of the Montreal Canadiens on 14th February 2017 after Michel Therrien.
- He won his 100th game as the Canadiens’ coach with a 6-3 win against the Detroit Red Wings on 30th November 2017.
Who is Claude Julien’s wife?
It is always an interesting part to discuss the relationships and affairs of ice hockey players. Discussing his personal life, he is a married man. He tied a knot to his beautiful wife, Karen Julien. He lives happily with his wife and he is loyal as well. Moreover, he is devoted to his wife and he loves his wife very much. They both supports and respect for each other. They are also the proud parents of three children named Katryna Chanel, Zachary, and Madyson. There are no rumors and gossips about the divorce between them. Moreover, there is no rumor about his extramarital affair. As of today, the couple is residing in Boston. The couple is living a happy life without any disturbances. His sexual orientation is straight.
What is the net worth and earnings of Claude Julien?
Claude Julien is the head coach of the Montreal Canadiens. As of 2019, the net worth of Claude Julien is estimated to have $15 Million according to sources. Being the head coach, he gets paid an attractive salary. He is satisfied with whatever he is receiving. He signed a 5-year deal with Montreal Canadiens worth $25 million in the year 2017. According to the deal, he will be receiving an annual average salary of $5 million every year. He is among the highest-paid NHL coaches and is listed 3rd on the list. At age fifty-nine, he’s got everything. He’s independent, he’s famous, and he’s got the financial security and a loving wife and kids as well. She’s a blessed man. He made all that wealth on his own with his dedication and his hard work. His major source of earning is from being the coach. There is no information regarding his cars.