Irish actor, Colin Farrell is also a producer, and voice artist who is famous for his roles in films like Jim Street in “S.W.A.T.”, Det. James “Sonny” Crockett in “Miami Vice”, Bobby Morrow (1982) in “A Home at the End of the World”, Lehiff in “Intermission”, Alexander the Great in “Alexander”, Jerry Dandrige in “Fright Night”, Travers Robert Goff in “Saving Mr. Banks”, Peter Lake in “Winter’s Tale”, Percival Graves/Gellert Grindelwald in “Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them”, Artemis Fowl I in “Artemis Fowl”, Steven Murphy in “The Killing of a Sacred Deer” and more. He also made his role in the comedy film “In Bruges” (2008) which earned him a Golden Globe Award for Best Actor-Motion Picture Musical or Comedy. He starred in the black comedy film “Horrible Bosses” (2011), “Total Recall” (2012), and the black comedy crime film “Seven Psychopaths” (2012). He made his film debut in 1997 with “Drinking Crude” in the role of Click. From 19989 to 1999, Farrell appeared in 18 episodes of BBC drama “Ballykissangel” as Danny Byrne which is his debut TV show. In the year 2003, People magazine placed him on the list of “50 Most Beautiful People” as well as Premiere magazine had him on #98 in the annual “Power 100 List” in the same year. In the year 2005, a biography titled “Colin Farrell: Living Dangerously” based on his life was published, which was written by journalist Jane Kelly. He has been cast as Oswald Cobblepot / The Penguin in “The Batman”, which is set for a 2022 release.
- Being an Irish actor.
- For his role of famous conqueror Alexander the Great in “Alexander” (2004) and for portraying the lead character in the critically acclaimed movie, “In Bruges” (2008).
What is the Nationality of Colin Farrell?
Born on 31st May 1976, Colin Farrell’s birth name is Colin James Farrell in Castleknock, Dublin, Ireland. He holds Irish nationality and he belongs to Irish-White ethnic background. His race is White. His present age is 44 as of 2020 and he will next be celebrating his 45th birthday as of 2021. He was born to his father, Eamon Farrell who Played Football for Shamrock Rovers FC and ran a health food shop, and his mother, Rta Monaghan. He also has three siblings; Eamon Farrell Jr. (Older Brother) (Actor), Claudine (Older Sister) (Actress and Personal Assistant of Colin), Catherine (Older Sister) (Actress). His Zodiac sign is Gemini and his religion is Irish Catholicism. He is of Irish descent.
As per his education, Colin attended St. Brigid’s National School. He later attended Castleknock College as well as the Gormanston College in County Meath. To polish his acting skills, he got enrolled in the Gaiety Drama School in Dublin. However, he dropped out before completing his education there.
How was the Career of Colin Farrell?
- Starting the initial career, Farrell played the role in TV shows and films such as “Ballykissangel” and “Falling for a Dancer” in the years 1998 and 1999.
- Then, he made his feature film debut entitled “The War Zone” in the year 1999. After that, he was cast in the lead role of Private Roland Bozz in the 2000 film “Tigerland”. Also in the same year, he appeared in “Ordinary Decent Criminal”.
- He next appeared in “American Outlaws, “Hart’s War”, “Phone Booth”, “The Recruit”, “The S.W.A.T.”, “Minority Report”, “Daredevil” between the year 2001 to 2001. Among the movies, Phone Booth earned $46.6 million, S.W.A.T. $116.9 million, and The Recruit $52.8 million at the box office.
- He later starred in the dark comedy “Intermission” in late 2003. After a year, he appeared in moves such as “A Home at the End of the World”, “Alexander” and in 2005, he made his role in Academy Award-nominated “The New World” playing the lead role of Captain John Smith.
- His next role was opposite Jamie Foxx in Michael Mann’s 2006 action crime drama, “Miami Vice” which earned $164 million worldwide on a budget of $135 million. After then, he was seen in Woody Allen’s “Cassandra’s Dream” (2007), and Martin McDonagh’s first full-length feature “In Bruges” (2008).
- He also made his appearance in the documentary “Kicking It”, and “Pride and Glory” in 2008. Afterward, he appeared in “The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus”, “Triage”, “Crazy Heart”, “Ondine” in 2009, “London Boulevard” in 2010, and “Horrible Bosses”, “Fright Night” in 2011.
- Similarly, he starred with Kate Beckinsale in “Total Recall”, and with McDonagh in “Seven Psychopaths” in 2012.
- Not only this but also he appeared in “Dead Man Down”, “The Girl with a Dragon Tattoo”, “Saving Mr. Banks” in 2013, and his 2014 movies are “Tale”, “Miss Julie”.
- He also starred in the second season of the TV series “True Detective” as Ray Velcoro.
- Additionally, he starred in “The Lobster”, a romantic science fiction thriller 2015 film. After a year, he starred in the Harry Potter spin-off film “Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them” in 2016.
- In the year 2017, he had leading roles in the films “The Beguiled”, “The Killing of a Sacred Deer”, and “Roman J. Israel, Esq”. In 2018, he co-starred in Steve McQueen’s thriller “Widows”, and starred in Tim Burton’s 2019 live-action fantasy “Dumbo”.
- He will next portray Oswald “Oz” Cobblepot / Penguin in Matt Reeves’ 2022 film “The Batman”.
Awards and Achievements
- Won Boston Society of Film Critics in 2000 for the film “Tigerland”
- Shanghai International Film Festival in 2002 for the film “Hart’s War”
- London Film Critics’ Circle in 2003 for the film “Tigerland”
- Golden Globe Award, Irish Film & Television Academy in 2009 for the film “In Bruges”
- San Diego Film Critics Society in 2010 for “Ondine”
- Boston Society of Film Critics in 2012 for “Seven Psychopaths”
- Goldene Kamera Award in the year 2017
Who is Colin Farrell dating?
Colin Farrell is not dating anyone at present and he is living a single life. He is enjoying his present life happily without any disturbances in his owns homes in Dublin and Los Angeles. His sexual orientation is straight and he is not gay.
Back then, Colin dated Amelia Warner, Michelle Rodriguez, Kim Bordenave, Angelina Jolie, Britney Spears, Demi Moore, Nicole Narain, Lindsay Lohan, Carmen Electra, Lake Bell, Muireann McDonnell, Emma Forrest, Alicja Bachleda, Elizabeth Taylor. He has a son named James Padraig (born in Los Angeles in 2003) with American model Kim Bordenave. In October 2009, he fathered his second son, Henry Tadeusz, with Polish actress Alicja Bachleda-Curus (his Ondine co-star). Their relationship ended in mid-2010. In the year 2006, he filed a lawsuit against his ex-girlfriend, American model Nicole Narain, and the Internet Commerce Group (ICG) for the unauthorized public distribution of a 13-minute sex tape they had made in 2003.
How much is Colin Farrell Net Worth?
As of 2021, the net worth of Colin Farrell is estimated to have $30 Million earning a salary of $4 Million yearly. He has also done TV commercials for Adidas Ultra Boots (voiceover), Men’s perfume line; ‘Intenso’ by Dolce-e-Gabbana, Flaunt Magazine, 2012 Chrysler 200 convertible as a Total Recall character. His major source of wealth comes from his acting career and he is satisfied with his earnings. He is living a lavish lifestyle.
How tall is Colin Farrell?
Standing tall at the height o 5 ft 10 in or 178 cm, Colin Farrell’s body weight is around 80 Kg or 176 lbs. He is a very handsome actor with an attractive personality. He is a fitness freak and his body build is athletic. He has a pair of dark brown eyes with the same color of hair color. His eyebrows are thick. Overall, he has got a healthy body and he is very conscious about his food intake. In the year 2013, he revealed that he suffers from insomnia. In October 2007, he said that James has Angelman syndrome, a rare genetic disorder characterized by intellectual and developmental delay, lack of speech, and an excitable demeanor. Back in 2005, he checked into a rehabilitation center for addictions to recreational drugs and painkillers. He has got two tattoos on his left forearm, out of which one is a black cross and the other is a Latin phrase Carpe Diem, which means ‘seize the day.’ In 2021, he had gone bald by shaving his head completely.