Craig Dawson is an English professional football player who plays for Premier League club West Ham United, on loan from Watford as a defender. He started playing football for a local team called Rochdale St Clements. He has previously played for Radcliffe Borough, Rochdale, West Bromwich Albion, and Bolton Wanderers. On 1 July 2019, he signed for Premier League club Watford for an undisclosed fee on a four-year contract. On 12 October 2020, he joined West Ham on loan for the remainder of the 2020-21 season.
On the international level, he has represented England at U21. But he is yet to make his England senior team debut.
What is Craig Dawson Famous For?
- Being a professional football player.
Where is Craig Dawson From?
Craig Dawson was born on 6 May 1990. His birthplace is Rochdale, England. He holds British nationality. He belongs to white ethnicity. His horoscope sign is Taurus.
Craig Dawson Football Career Timeline
- He started playing football for a local team called Rochdale St Clements.
- In 2007, he joined at Northern Premier League side Radcliffe Borough in the middle of the 2007-2008 season. He became a first-team regular after a few games and played for two seasons. He made 95 appearances and scored 15 goals for the club.
- In 2009, he joined Rochdale and made his debut for Rochdale reserves against Manchester City, scoring a header from a corner for the team.
- On 8 August 2009, he made his Rochdale debut by starting in the League Two clash in a 1-1 draw against Port Vale at Vale Park.
- During the 2009-10 season, he made 46 appearances and scored 10 goals in all competitions for the club, and also won a place in the League Two PFA Team of the Year.
- On 31 August 2010, he signed for Premier League club West Bromwich Albion for an undisclosed fee on a three-year contract.
- Immediately after signing for West Brom, he was loaned back to Rochdale for the remainder of the 2010-11 season.
- In August 2011, he made his competitive Baggies debut for West Bromwich Albion in a 4-1 League Cup win at Bournemouth.
- On Saturday 17 September 2011, he made his first Premier League start in a 3-0 defeat against Swansea City as a fill-in central defender for the suspended Gabriel Tamas.
- On 23 January 2013, he joined Bolton Wanderers on loan for the rest of the season.
- On 3 February 2013, he scored twice in a 4-1 win against Hull City.
- On 28 September 2014, he scored his first Premier League goal for West Brom in a 4-0 home win against Burnley.
- On 25 April 2016, he became the fourth Premier League player of the season to score an own goal and a goal in the same match in a 1-1 draw away to Tottenham.
- On 18 March 2017, he scored two headers from corners in a 3-1 against Arsenal in the Premier League and was named man of the match.
- In 2019, he subsequently handed in a transfer request and refused to travel to Portugal for the club’s training camp. From 2010-2019, he made 194 appearances and scored 14 goals for West Bromwich Albion.
- On 1 July 2019, he signed for Premier League club Watford for an undisclosed fee on a four-year contract.
- On 20 June 2020, he scored his first goal for the club, an overhead kick against Leicester City.
- In the 2019-20 season, he made 29 appearances for Watford as they were relegated to the Championship.
- On 12 October 2020, he joined West Ham on loan for the remainder of the 2020-21 season and did not make his West Ham debut until 29 December 2020.
- On 11 January 2021, he scored his first goal for West Ham, in a 1-0 win against Stockport County in the third round of the FA Cup which was his first FA Cup goal for over 10 years since scoring for Rochdale against FC United of Manchester in November 2010.
- On 26 January 2021, he scored his first Premier League goal for West Ham in a 3-2 away win against Crystal Palace.
Craig Dawson International Career
- He has represented England at U21.
- On 1 September 2011, he scored two goals on his England U21 debut against Azerbaijan.
- He has played 15 matches and scored 6 goals for the England U21.
- He hasn’t got a chance to make his England senior team debut yet.
- He represented the Great Britain Olympic team in 2012.
Craig Dawson Wife
Looking at his personal life, Craig Dawson is not married. The footballer is focusing on his professional career than being involved in a relationship. As of 2021, he is single and is not dating anyone. He maintains a private life. Any updates on his love life will be updated here.
Craig Dawson Height
Craig Dawson stands at a height of 1.88m i.e.6 feet and 2 inches tall. He has a bodyweight of 82kg. He has an athletic body build. His eye color is light brown and his hair color is blonde. His sexual orientation is straight.
Craig Dawson Salary and Net Worth
Craig Dawson earns from his professional career as a football player. His income is from contracts, salaries, bonuses, and endorsements. As of 2021, his estimated net worth is $1million-$5 million and his salary is unrevealed. Any updates on his salary will be updated here.