Cynthia Bailey is an American model, actress, and reality television star. She came to limelight when she was cast as one of the participants of the reality show Real Housewives of Atlanta. Following this, her successful career as a model began and she earned a second cover too. Owing to her fame and success, she walked on the runways of Paris and Milan Fashion Week.
Later, back in New York City, she was endorsed big brands such as Maybelline, Macy, and Olay. Her biggest achievement came when she was cast in the reality show The Real Housewives of Atlanta. She has appeared in few other reality shows and has also been a judge for a beauty contest. Let’s know more about her through this article.
What is Cynthia Bailey famous for?
- An American model, reality television personality, and actress.
Where is Cynthia Bailey born?
Recalling her early life, Bailey was born in Decatur, Alabama and raised in Tuscumbia. Her father, Elijah worked at an auto factory and her mother, Barbara worked at a sewing factory. She has a sister named Malorie. Similarly, she is American by nationality and belongs to Afro-American ethnicity. Further, Her birth sign is Aquarius.
Where did Cynthia Bailey go for education?
Concerning her education, Bailey enrolled in freshman-level courses at the University of Alabama in Huntsville, and also competed in local beauty pageants.
When did Cynthia Bailey begin her career?
- Moving towards her career, Bailey was into modeling from an early age. During her high school days, she had won the Homecoming Queen Crown.
- Her career in modeling began when she moved to New York and started her modeling journey with Wilhelmina Models. At the age of 18, Bailey began modeling and appearing in a number of magazines. She was seen twice on the cover of the magazine Essence.
- Even the editor of the magazine Susan Taylor claimed that Cynthia’s first cover with Essence was her personal favorite. She was also seen in other fashion magazines such as Vogue, Elle and Vanity Fair. In addition to magazines’ cover, she has also walked for European fashion shows.
- She has appeared not just on fashion shows and fashion magazines, but also on music videos. In 1989, she appeared in the music video for the album Technique. She was seen in New Order’s video Round and Round.
- She came to limelight in October 2010 when she became a part of the reality shows The Real Housewives of Atlanta. She joined the cast for the third season and instantly gained fame.
- Following this, in February 2016, Bailey appeared on the show ‘The Next: 15’ as a guest star. In the show, she was seen along with Claudia Jordan, her former co-star from The Real Housewives of Atlanta.
- A few months later, she appeared on a celebrity show Cupcake Wars and was a partner with her co-star NeNe Leakes.
- In 2015, She featured in the documentary Black Friday. In 2016, she was seen in the television film Sharknado: The 4th Awakens.
- Moreover, she was also a guest judge in the preliminary and finals competition of 65th Miss Universe, held at the Mall of Asia Arena, Pasay, Metro Manila, the Philippines on January 29th, 2017.
- In 2018, She signed a contract with the New York-based agency Major Models; her daughter is also signed with the company.
- In 2019, She guest-starred in an episode of the Last Call and acted in How High 2, the sequel to the 2001 film How High. She also started a line of bags, named CB VIRO, as well as a line of candles, leather goods, and eyewear.
Is Cynthia Bailey married or not?
Reflecting on her personal life, Bailey was a married woman. She was married to Peter A. Thomas in 2010. But their marriage doesn’t go well and they end their marriage of 6 years in 2016. Even though divorced, her ex-husband supports her in all aspects. The reason for their divorce was entirely different and had more to do with their ambitions.
Later, She dates with Mike Hill from March 2018 and opens their relation to the media in August 2018. She loves him so much. The couple got engaged in July 2019. According to the media, they decided to plan their royal wedding at the end of the year 2020.
What is Cynthia Bailey worth?
Being a model and reality star, Bailey earns a decent amount of money and fame through the profession in the field of the entertainment industry. Based on some online reports, her estimated net worth said to be $500 thousand and her salary is somewhere around $300 thousand per season on the TV shows named real Housewives of Atlanta.
How tall is Cynthia Bailey?
Observing her body physics, Bailey stands a height of 5 feet 9 inches and weighs around 68 Kg. Similarly, she has a pair of black eyes and dark brown hair color. She used 33B bra size and 7 (UK) shoe sizes. Further, her body measures 34-26-38 inches.