Dan McKernan is an American animal control officer who currently works as one of the officers at Dearborn Police Department. McKernan is an avid animal lover and is currently serving as the founder and executive director of Barn Sanctuary. Barn Sanctuary is a non-profit organization that envisions a world in which farmed animals are seen as individuals and treated with empathy and compassion.
McKernan founded the organization to help voiceless and innocent animals all around the US located at McKernan Rd. Chelsea, MI 48118. McKernan along with his other family members currently stars on a reality show, “Saved by the Barn”. Besides, McKernan is quite popular on social media sites with over 209k followers on Instagram: @danmckerna and over 79k followers on Twitter: @DanMcKernan.
What is Dan McKernan Famous for?
- Famous as an avid animal lover.
- Known as the founder of Barn Sanctuary.
Source: [email protected]
Where was Dan McKernan Born?
Dan McKernan was born on May 11, 1989, in Michigan, United States. His birth name is Daniel McKernan. His nationality is American. McKernan belongs to White ethnicity while Taurus is his zodiac sign.
While growing up, his family moved around a lot which left a mark on him about nature all around the country. Dan studied biology at Quincy College in Illinois but dropped out before graduation to travel. He then went to Bulgaria to help one of his friends develop a yoga series and then moved to Venice Beach where he taught himself computer coding and development.
His father is a retired pharmacist while his mom is a housemaker and they also have an Illinois farm which had been in the McKernan family for over 140 years. Dan grew up along with his twin brother Chris McKernan.
Source: [email protected]
Dan McKernan’s Devot Towards “Barn Sanctuary”
- Dan McKernan began his career initially as a technician as he was recruited by a tech firm in Texas, Austin at an age of 21. He has a workaholic mentality that he was on his computer 24/7 for over 5 years and was deprived of human and animal interaction. Because of his high scheduled work, he was having some problems and thus was starting to look for different opportunities.
- It was during the time when he started reading “Living the Farm Sanctuary Life: The Ultimate Guide to Eating Mindfully, Living Longer and Feeling Better Everyday” by Gene Bauer. It was the perfect book for him to learn more about farms and animals.
- He then gave it all up to move over 1,000 miles away and set up a sanctuary for farm animals in Michigan. He was actually getting offers on the farm of his family which is just right by the highway but he didn’t want to sell as he was afraid that they’d turn the farm into a Walmart or a gas station, subsequently he decided to start a sanctuary for farm animals on the farm which was on 70 acres and despair.
- Within a week, he had built a website and just a week later he filed for nonprofit status and just a month later, he had raised more than $3000 via crowdfunding. His first rescues after he built the farm were two cows, Henry and Cora who had been donated to a local elementary school to be used for meat. And just after few years, there are now more than 100 animals roaming the farm, including a set of roosters saved from a cock-fighting ring; Charlie, a blind goat; ducklings; dwarf goats; goats Steve, Chevy, and Martin, also known as “The Three Amigos”. The McKernan are helped by a team of 13 staffers, paid through the Om Foundation in Georgia.
- Currently, “The Barn Sanctuary” is a part of the 12-part documentary series called “Saved by the Barn” which premiered at 10 p.m. April 11, 2020. In the documentary, The Barn Sanctuary is shown as a center for farm animals to recover after experiencing abuse, neglect, and natural disaster.
- McKernan is now working as an animal control officer at Dearborn Police Department where he is meeting his new friends(dogs) at the animal control gig.
Is Dan McKernan Single?
Dan McKernan is a handsome bachelor guy who is keenly interested in pure love that is more inclined towards voice-less and innocent animals. With his kind and selfless works, McKernan has been a heartthrob of several women all around Michigan.
Currently, as he is working as an officer, many comments have been posts on his posts saying, “I like a man in suit/duty”. Despite the fact that he is loved by a number of people, he is still single.
Further, he also has said, “I tried dating, but I’m kind of married to the animals right now. I hope to find a partner who can join me on this crazy adventure of rescuing farm animals”.
What is the Net Worth of Dan McKernan?
Dan McKernan must have quite a good earnings from his professional career as an animal control officer. Having his career started initially as a technician McKernan had a $100,000 worth salary, but he gave it all up to set up a sanctuary for farm animals. He now earns half of what he made in Austin but is happy with his life now. His current net worth is estimated to be around $500k.
How Tall is Dan McKernan?
Dan McKernan is a good-looking guy in his 30s. McKernan stands tall with a height of 5ft. 8inch. while his body weighs around 68kg. He has a well maintained athletic body physique with a charming personality and golden heart with which he has been able to win several hearts all around the world. He has a fair complexion with light brown hair and brown eyes.