Danielle Rose Collins is an American professional tennis player who is well known for her marvelous play at the 2019 Australian Open, where she reached the semifinals, defeating world No. 2 Angelique Kerber. Collins started up her career as a tennis player in her junior year at college as even has won the NCAA singles title twice while playing collegiate tennis at the University of Virginia.
She turned into a pro player in the year 2016 during which she won the Honda Sports Award as the nation’s best female tennis player as well. She has reached a career-high ranking of world No. 23 in singles on January 28, 2019, and No. 86 in doubles on March 2, 2020.
Besides, she is active on social media sites with over 97k followers on Instagram: @danimalcollins.
What is Danielle Rose Collins Famous for?
- Famous as a professional tennis player.
Where is Danielle Rose Collins From?
Danielle Rose Collins was born on December 13, 1993, in St. Petersburg, Florida, the U.S. Her birth name is Danielle Rose Collins. Her nationality is American. Collins belongs to White ethnicity while Sagittarius is her zodiac sign.
Danielle Rose Collins was born as the daughter of Walter Collins(father) and Cathy Collins(mother). She has always had an interest in sports since her childhood for which her parents even supported. She attended Northeast High School at St. Petersburg, Florida, during which she realized that she wanted to become a tennis player.
She even played as a high school player scoring a good junior ranking getting her a scholarship from the University of Florida. After her freshman year, she transferred to the University of Virginia(UVA) where she played both of her sophomore and senior years earning NCAA singles title twice respectively.
She graduated from the university earning a bachelor’s degree in media studies and business.
Source: [email protected]
Danielle Rose Collins’s Career Highlights
- Danielle Rose Collins started her career playing her first events on the ITF Women’s Circuit in 2009 winning her first ITF single titled in 2011.
- At the 2014 US Open, Collins made her WTA Tour main-draw debut as a wildcard.
- In the year 2016, she turned fully professional gathering altogether 4 ITF singles titles.
- She won her first-ever WTA Tour match against compatriot Taylor Townsend in 2018.
- She earned the biggest victory of her career, beating her idol, former world No. 1, and seven-time Grand Slam champion, Venus Williams during the qualifying rounds at the Miami Open.
- Collins’ big breakthrough came at the 2019 Australian Open, where she reached the semifinals, defeating world No. 2 Angelique Kerber in the fourth round.
- She rose to a career-high ranking of No. 23 following the tournament.
- She also recorded her best-ever Grand Slam doubles result at Wimbledon in the year 2019.
- She played her first season with World TeamTennis in 2019 with Billie Jean King’s Philadelphia Freedoms.
Danielle Rose Collins’s Boyfriend
Danielle Rose Collins is currently single. She seems to be more focused on her career at the moment.
Danielle Rose Collins’s Net Worth
Danielle Rose Collins has quite good earnings from her professional career as a professional tennis player which she started playing in the year 2009. With her wins and marvelous rankings in each match that she has played for the last 6 years, Danielle has managed to amass a healthy fortune.
Her net worth is estimated to be around $3.5 million.
Danielle Rose Collins’s Height
Danielle Rose Collins is a beautiful lady with a well-maintained athletic body physique even in her late-20s. She stands tall with a height of 5ft. 10inches.(1.78m) while her body weighs around 58 kg(128lbs).
Her body measurement is around 35-25-36 inches with a bra size of 35B, 4(US) as her dress size, and 7.5(US) as her shoe size. She has a fair complexion with blonde hair and green eyes.