Danny Dyer is an English actor, voice artist, and TV presenter. He is best known for playing the role of Mick Carter in the BBC soap opera EastEnders. He is also famous for his films such as ‘Severance’ (2006), ‘Adulthood’ (2008), ‘Doghouse’ (2009), ‘Basement’ (2010), and ‘Run For Your Wife’ (2013). He has been presenting British Game Show, ‘The Wall’ since 2019 which broadcasts every Saturday evening on BBC One. Dyer released his biography ‘Straight Up: My autobiography’ in 2011 and ‘The World According to Danny Dyer: Life Lessons from the East End’ in 2015.
He won the Outstanding Serial Drama Performance award for ‘EastEnders’ at the National Television Awards in 2015, 2016, and 2019.
Danny Dyer has a huge fan following in the social media platforms with around 1.3m followers on his Instagram account: @officialdannydyer and around 1.2m followers on his Twitter account: @MrDDye.
What is Danny Dyer famous for?
- Famous for playing the role of Mick Carter in the BBC soap opera EastEnders.
Where was Danny Dyer born?
Danny Dyer was born in the Custom House area of east London, England, on July 24, 1977. His birth name is Daniel John Dyer. He was born to his father, Antony Dyer, and mother Christine Meakin Dyer. His parents were split up when he was just nine years old. He was raised by his mother in Custom House along with his younger brother named Tony Dyer and a younger sister named Kayleigh Dyer.
He holds an English nationality and belongs to the White ethnicity. His zodiac sign is Leo. He believes in Christianity.
Danny Dyer Career Highlights
- Danny Dyer began acting when he was a teen. He was Discovered at Sunday Drama School by the agent Charlotte Kelly who auditioned him for the part of Martin Fletcher in the Granada Television series, “Prime Suspect 3” in 1993 at age of sixteen.
- Thereafter, he made guest appearances in episodes of some TV series including ‘The Bill’ (1993), ‘Cadfael’ (1994), ‘A Touch of Frost’ (1995), ‘Crown Prosecutor’ ( 1995), ‘Children’s Ward’ (1995), ‘The Ruth Rendell Mysteries’ (1996), ‘Thief Takers’ (1996), ‘Highlander’ (1997), ‘Soldier Soldier’ (1997).
- Dyer’s other TV appearances include the role of Jack in ‘Second Generation’ (2003), the role of Yankie in ‘Family Business’ (2004), the role of Martin in ‘All in the Game’ (2006), and the role of Matt Costello in ‘Kiss of Death’ (2008).
- Dyer made his first film appearance as Moff in the film, ‘Human Traffic’ in 1999. The same year he appeared in the role of Lance Cpl. Victor Dell in the film, ‘The Trench’.
- He then appeared in several films including ‘Borstal Boy’ (2000), ‘Goodbye Charlie Bright’ (2001), ‘High Heels and Low Lifes’ (2001), ‘The football Factory’ (2004), ‘The Business’ (2005), ‘Severance’ (2006), ‘Straighthead’ (2007).
- Danny Dyer has voiced for Kent Paul in the video games ‘Grand Theft Auto: Vice City’ (2002) and ‘Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas’ (2004).
- In early 2007, he became the presenter of ‘The Real Football Factories’ and ‘The Real Football Factories International’, a TV documentary series on Bravo, for which he travels, in the former throughout the United Kingdom and in the latter throughout the world, to meet and interview football club fans and hooligans.
- Dyer also appeared as the character Hayden in the film, ‘Adulthood’ (2008), as Pete in the film ‘City Rats’ (2009), and as Whitey in the film, ‘Malice in Wonderland’ (2009).
- He also starred in several horror films such as ‘Doghouse’ (2009), ‘Basement’ (2010), and ‘Devil’s Playguard’ (2010), etc.
- In 2013, Dyer appeared in the lead role, John Smith in the film, ‘Run For Your Wife’ which was savaged by critics, who described it as one of the worst British films of all time.
- From 2013, Dyer has been cast in ‘EastEnders’ as Mick Carter, the new landlord of The Queen Victoria pub.
- In 2016, he appeared in drag in the Lucy Rose music video for ‘Nebraska’.
- In June 2018, Dyer appeared as a guest panelist on ‘Good Evening Britain’, a one-off spin-off show of Good Morning Britain, to discuss Britain’s exit from the European Union.
- In August 2018, Dyer began narrating the MTV reality series, ‘True Love Or True Lies’.
- In 2019, Dyer appeared in a history documentary, titled Danny Dyer’s Right Royal Family. The two-part series premiered on BBC One on 23 January 2019.
- Since 2019, Dyer has been presenting British Game Show, ‘The Wall’ which broadcasts every Saturday evening on BBC One.
- In 2020, he began co-hosting ‘Sorted with the Dyers’, a podcast alongside daughter Dani Dyer.
- Dyer has also performed in theatre. He has performed as the Waiter in the London premiere of Celebration (2000) at the Almeida Theatre, and as Foster in the revival of No Man’s Land (1975), at the Royal National Theatre, in London, during 2001 and 2002. Both plays were written and directed by Nobel Laureate Harold Pinter.
Who is Danny Dyer Married to?
Danny Dyer is a married man. He has been with his wife, Joanne Mas since the age of fourteen. The couple first began dating Mas in 1992. Their first child, daughter Dani Dyer was born when he was just 18. The couple also has a daughter Sunnie Dyer and a son, Artie Dyer together. They got engaged in March 2015, and finally, the couple got married on September 3, 2016.
In June 2017, there was a rumor that Dyer had a “six-week affair” with Sarah Harding.
How tall is Danny Dyer?
Danny Dyer is a handsome man with a fair skin tone. He has a slim body build. He stands at a tall height of 1.83m (6 feet) and his body Weighs around 75kg (165 lbs.). He wears a Shoe size of 12(US). His hair color is Light Brown and his eye color is Brown. His sexual orientation is Straight.
What is the Net Worth of Danny Dyer?
Danny Dyer has quite great earnings from his professional career as an actor. As of 2021, his net worth is estimated to be $5 million. However, his salary and other assets are not known.
Currently, Danny Dyer lives in Debden, Epping Forest, Essex, with his wife and their three children.