David Muir is an American journalist who is well known for being the presenter and editor of the ABC news program, “World News Tonight with David Muir” and co-anchor of the ABC News magazine, “20/20”. His show with several celebrity gossips and dramatic video scenes has made him become one of the most-watched news programmers in America.
His news reporting also received the most airtime in 2012 and 2013 making him one of the most visible journalists in America. For his national and international journalism, he even won multiple Emmy and Edward R. Murrow Awards. He was even listed as one of People magazine’s Sexiest Men Alive in 2014 and was called one of the “12 to Watch in TV News” in 2013.
With his up growing popularity in the field of journalism, he surely has managed to amass healthy followers on his social media sites with over 479k followers on Instagram: @davidmuirabc and over 800k followers on Twitter: @DavidMuir.
What is David Muir Famous for?
- Famous as an Emmy award-winning journalist.
- Known for his work at “World News Tonight with David Muir”.
Where is David Muir From?
David Muir was born on November 8, 1973, in Syracuse, New York, United States. His birth name is David Jason Muir. His nationality is American. Muir belongs to the White ethnicity while Scorpio is his zodiac sign.
Born as the second child to his parents; Pat Mills(mother) and Ronald Muir(father), David was raised in a Roman Catholic family alongside his elder sister, Rebecca Muir, and two younger step-siblings in Onondaga Hill where he attended the Onondaga Central Junior-Senior High School from where he got graduated in 1991.
Following which he attended local Ithaca College, graduating magna cum laude with a Bachelor of Arts degree in journalism in May 1995. He even attended the Institute on Political Journalism at Georgetown University and spent a semester studying abroad at the University of Salamanca in Spain.
Growing up, he watched ABC News’ flagship program each night making longtime anchor Peter Jennings his biggest journalistic influence. Developing which while in high school, he even used to read the school announcements each morning like a newscast. During the time in high school, he already had a part-time job bagging groceries at Wegmans Fairmount and was an intern at Channel 5.
David Muir’s Career Highlights
- David Muir started his career initially working as an anchor and a reporter at WTVH-TV in 1994. She worked there for over 6 years making his best reporting with the 1995 assassination of Israeli Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin which even earned him honors.
- In 2000, he began working as an anchor and a reporter for WCVB television in Boston till 2003. During this time, he again earned recognition including the regional Edward R. Murrow Award and the National Headliner Award, and Associated Press honors.
- He began his long-lasting career with ABC News in August 2003 as anchor of the overnight news program, “World News Now”.
- Shortly after he became the anchor of ABC News’ early morning newscast, “World News This Morning”, now known as “America This Morning”.
- He co-anchored the news magazine, “Primetime” in 2006. He also began anchoring the show “World News Saturday” in June 2007.
- He even reported from the Israeli-Lebanon border in October 2006 on the Israeli war with Hezbollah.
- In 2009, David Muir and Diane Sawyer reported a 20/20 hour about guns in America getting “disturbing results”.
- In February 2012, he became an anchor for the weekend newscast show, “World News with David Muir”.
- He also served as one of ABC’s lead correspondents for the 2012 U.S. Presidential election.
- In 2014, he became the anchor and managing editor of “ABC World News” making his debut on September 1.
- Within a time period of two years, “World News Tonight with David Muir” became the country’s most-watched evening newscast in 2014.
- For his reporting on the heroin crisis in America in 2016, he won a CINE Golden Eagle Award.
- He also gained control as lead anchor of breaking news and special event coverage for ABC News in 2021.
David Muir’s Dating Relationship
David Muir isn’t married yet. He however has been rumored to be gay when he was spotted hanging around with Gio Benitez around the gay clubs. It hasn’t been confirmed yet. He is currently single and is living with his pet dog whose photo you can probably see on his Instagram post usually.
Besides, he also has been awarded an honorary Doctor of Letters degree and the Jessica Savitch Award of Distinction for Excellence in Journalism to its alumnus
David Muir’s Net Worth
David Muir has quite good earnings from his professional career as a journalist and news anchor. Having his career started in 1994 initially working with WTVH-TV, Muir has managed to come a long way up becoming one of the popular news anchors and journalists in his decade-long career.
His source of income is surely his job at popular news shows making him one of the highly-paid news hosts. His net worth is estimated to be around $7 million.
David Muir’s Height
David Muir is a good-looking man with a well-maintained athletic body physique in his 40s. He stands tall with a height of 5ft. 9inch(1.73m) while his body weighs around 75kg(165 lbs). He has a fair complexion with brown hair and brown eyes.