Derek Arthur Paggao Ramsay Jr., popularly known as Derek Ramsay is a British-born Filipino model, actor, and host. He started his career as a host, model, and television commercial actor. He is best known for his roles in the ABS-CBN tv series, Ysbella, Habang May Buhay, and Magkaribal. He has also starred in numerous television series on other networks. He has starred in numerous films as well. He is also known as the host of the GMA Network variety show, Eat Bulaga! from 2001 to 2004. Besides acting, he has hosted or appeared in numerous television shows. For his works, he has earned numerous awards and nominations in his career.
His private Instagram account @ramsayderek07 has over 727k followers.
What is Derek Ramsay Famous For?
- Popular British-born Filipino model.
Where is Derek Ramsay From?
Derek Ramsay was born on 7 December 1976. His birth name is Derek Arthur Paggao Ramsay Jr. His birth place is in Enfield in England. He holds Philippine and British nationality. He belongs to Asian-European ethnicity and his religion is Christianity. He was born to a father, Derek Arthur Ramsay Sr., and a mother, Remedios Paggao-Ramsay. His home town is Cainta, Rizal, Philippines, where he grew up. His zodiac sign is Sagittarius. He has three sisters, Camilla, Rojinie, Natala Catherine, and a brother, Derek Ramsay III.
Regarding his educational background, he attended Maria Montessori High School in the Philippines. He later attended a boarding school in England. He later studied for an undergraduate degree in Marketing in New Hampshire and Boston. He studied electrical engineering.
Derek Ramsay Career
- Ramsay started his career as an MTV VJ, model, and TV commercial actor in the early 2000s.
- He signed with GMA Network in 2001.
- He made his television debut as the co-host of the country’s longest-running noontime show, Eat Bulaga!, where he co-hosted the segment Pool Watch from 2001 to 2004.
- He is best known for his supporting role in the ABS-CBN tv series, Ysbella, Habang May Buhay, and Magkaribal.
- He appeared on numerous tv series on the ABS-CBN network between 2005 and 2011.
- He transferred to TV5 after signing a three-year contract in 2012.
- His first show on the network was The Amazing Race Philippines, where he served as host.
- He played the lead role in the TV5 drama series, Kidlat in 2013.
- He appeared in TV5 drama series, Undercover, For Love or Money, Mac and Chiz, and Amo.
- He returned to host The Amazing Race Philippines 2 in 2014.
- He also hosted the reality tv show, Extreme Series: Kaya Mo Ba ‘To?
- He signed a three-year contract extension with TV5 in April 2015.
- He returned to GMA Network in April 2019.
- Upon his return to the GMA network, he starred in the drama series, The Better Woman in 2019.
- He starred in numerous films by Star Cinema and Quantum Films.
- He made his film debut with the 2006 Star Cinema Filipino romantic comedy film, Kasal, Kasali, Kasalo.
- Ramsay starring notable films are I Love You, Goodbye, The Unkabogable Praybeyt Benjamin, and No Other Woman.
- He also competed for the Philippines national ultimate frisbee team. He was the ninth top scorer at the 13th World Ultimate and Guts Championship 2012.
- He is the head ambassador of the Philippine national beach football team.
Derek Ramsay Awards
- 2010 Pinakapasadong Katuwang na Aktor Award for I Love You, Goodbye at the 12th Gawad PASADO Awards.
- 2012 Box-Office King award for No Other Woman at the GMMSF Box-Office Entertainment Awards.
- 2012 Male Face of the Night and Mr. Great Shape Personality at the 28th PMPC Star Awards for Movies.
- 2014 Best Actor Award for English Only, Please at the 40th Metro Manila Film Festival.
- 2017 Best Actor Award for All of You at the 43rd Metro Manila Film Festival.
Derek Ramsay Height
Derek Ramsay stands at a height of 1.8 m i.e. 5 feet and 11 inches tall. He has a body weight of around 163 lbs i.e. 74 kg. He has an athletic body build. His eye color is brown and his hair color is black. His sexual orientation is straight.
Derek Ramsay Wife
Derek Ramsay’s last known relationship is with actress Andrea Torres. The couple started dating in September 2019. However, their relationship did not last long. The couple split up in November 2020.
Ramsay was previously married to Mary Christine Jolly. The couple got married in 2002. They share a son named Austin Gabriel Ramsay. They separated in 2003. He dated Joanne Villablanca from 2015 to 2019. He was romantically linked with several other women in the past.
Derek Ramsay Net Worth
Derek Ramsay is a popular actor, model, and host. His income comes from contracts, salaries, and endorsements. He is paid a handsome amount for his appearances. Ramsay has starred in numerous movies and tv shows on several networks. As a model and tv commercial actor, he has starred in several advertisements. Besides acting, he has hosted and competed in numerous television shows. His net worth is estimated at $1 million at present. More details about his wealth and net worth will be updated soon.