Dita Von Teese is an American vedette, burlesque dancer, model, businesswoman, and actress who is well-recognized as the ex-wife of popular singer and musician, Marilyn Manson. Manson known for his controversial stage personality is the lead singer of a popular rock band of the same name, “Marilyn Manson”.
Teese began dating Manson by the year 2001 later getting married in 2005 but their marriage ended with a divorce in 2007. She has been on the headlines several times for her everlasting beauty and is praised for re-popularizing burlesque performance, even earning the moniker “Queen of Burlesque”. Having classically trained as a ballet dancer from an early age, Teese has managed to come a long way up becoming one of the prominent figures in the world of Hollywood.
She was an ambassador/spokesmodel for HIV/AIDS awareness. Besides, she is active on social media sites with over 2.6 million followers on Instagram: @ditavonteese and over 1.7 million followers on Twitter: @DitaVonTeese.
What is Dita Von Teese Famous for?
- Famous as a vedette and burlesque dancer.
- Known as the ex-wife of Marilyn Manson.
Where is Dita Von Teese From?
Dita Von Teese was born on September 28, 1972, in Rochester, Michigan, United States. Her birth name is Heather Renée Sweet. Her nationality is American. Teese is of English, Scottish, Armenian, and German heritage while Libra is her zodiac sign.
Dita Von Teese was born as the second of three daughters to her parents; Ken Sweet(father) and Bonnie Lindsey(mother). Her father was a machinist and her mother a manicurist. She began to develop an interest in acting and modeling while watching the 1940s cinema and classic vintage style with her mother on a weekend afternoon.
Her affiliation was fostered by her mother, who bought beautiful clothes for her daughter to dress up. She grew up along with her two sisters; Sarah Brown and Jennifer.
She got classically trained as a ballet dancer from an early age, even dancing solo at age of 13 for a local ballet company. Teese grew up in her hometown later relocating to Orange County, California, where she attended University High School. She even studied historic costuming aspiring to work as a stylist for films and is also a trained costume designer.
Dita Von Teese’s Career Highlights
- Dita Von Teese began her career initially as a tightlacer model appearing on numerous fetish magazine covers, including Bizarre and Marquis.
- She got much recognition when she was featured in Playboy magazine in 1999, 2001, and 2002, later appearing on the cover of Atrocity’s 2008 album, “Werk 80 II”.
- She began performing burlesque in 1992 thus repopularizing Neo-Burlesque.
- Her feather fan dance has been featured as the world’s largest feather fan, also on display in Hollywood’s Museum of Sex.
- She became the first guest star at the Crazy Horse cabaret club in Paris in 2006.
- Her first-ever book titled “Burlesque and the Art of the Teese / Fetish and the Art of the Teese” was published in 2006.
- She subsequently began to appear in movies including Romancing Sara, Pin-Ups 2, Saint Francis, Matter of Trust.
- She even had won the Best Actress award for her appearance in the short film, “The Death of Salvador Dali” in 2005.
- She appeared in the music video “Up in the Air” by Thirty Seconds to Mars in 2013.
- In 2007, she appeared twice in the Jean Paul Gaultier haute couture show during the Paris Fashion Week, and again in 2014.
- She became the face of the Australian clothing range “Wheels and Dollbaby” for their 2006/7 Spring/Summer advertising campaign.
- In 2012, she launched her own clothing line and underwear line called “Von Follies”. The same year, she launched her makeup collection “Classics” in partnership with the German cosmetic brand Art Deco.
- She was both model and muse for the ‘Dita’ 3D printed gown in 2013…
- She has also created her own 4 fragrances; “Dita Von Teese”, “Rouge”, “FleurTeeses” and “Erotique”.
- On January 22, 2020, Von Teese walked in Jean Paul Gaultier’s final fashion show in Paris.
Everything To Know About Marilyn Manson
Dita Von Teese’s Husband
Dita Von Teese has been in a relationship with several men in her long age run. Her most popular and romantic relationship was with Marilyn Manson. Manson is an American singer, songwriter, record producer, actor, painter, and writer known for his controversial stage personality and image as the lead singer of the band of the same name, “Marilyn Manson”. He actually had been a longtime fan of hers and even was a member of her website.
They first met when he asked her to dance in one of his music videos subsequently went on to become a couple in 2001 on Manson’s 32nd birthday. Almost after 3 years of dating each other, Manson proposed to her with the 1930s, 7-carat (1.4 g), European round-cut diamond engagement ring on March 22, 2004. A year later, on November 28, 2005, they got married in a private, non-denominational ceremony at home later holding a big ceremony on December 3 at Castle Gurteen De la Poer in Ireland which was even featured in Vogue.
Within a year of their marriage on December 29, 2006, Von Teese filed for divorce from Manson citing “irreconcilable differences”. They were together for 7 years and were married for just a year when Teese realized that it wasn’t a good choice as she wasn’t supportive of his partying or his relationship with another girl.
After years of her divorce from Manson, Teese began dating graphic designer Adam Rajcevich with whom she has been in a relationship since 2014. Her other boyfriend includes Mark Mahoney, Peter Sarsgaard, Mike Ness, Louis-Marie de Castelbajac and Theo Hutchcraft.
Besides, Teese has her house dedicated to early 20th-century décor with vintage appliances which resides in Hollywood. She is a collector of vintage china, particularly egg cups and tea sets.
Dita Von Teese’s Net Worth
Dita Von Teese has quite great earnings from her professional career as a vedette, burlesque dancer, and actress. Having her career started initially as a dancer later becoming one of the sensational role models in the world of Hollywood, Teese has managed to amass a healthy fortune through her appearances in movies, music videos, fashion shows, and all.
Her net worth is estimated to be around $16 million.
Dita Von Teese’s Height
Dita Von Teese is a gorgeous lady with a well maintained hour-glass body physique even in her 40s. She stands tall with a height of 5ft. 4inches. while her body weighs around 56kg. Her body measurement is around 37-22-35 inches with a bra size of 33B, 7(US) as her dress size, and 6.5(US) as her shoe size. She has a fair complexion with black hair and green eyes.
She has her own vintage style which she began following for a very long time.