Dustin Colquitt is an American football player who is currently playing side, the Kansas City Chiefs of the National Football League (NFL) as their No.2 Punter. In the 2019 season, the football punter has recorded a Chiefs franchise record for most games played, surpassing former teammate Will Shields. To know more about him, you can read the below article.
What is Dustin Colquitt famous for?
- An American football punter.
Where is Dustin Colquitt from?
Going back to his early life, Dustin Colquitt was born in Knoxville, Tennessee, the USA to his parents, Craig Colquitt and Anne Colquitt in the year 1982. He grew up along with his brother Britton Colquitt. Similarly, his nationality is American, and his ethnicity White. His birth sign is Taurus.
For education, he attended Bearden High School in Knoxville. Later, he accepted an athletic scholarship to attend the University of Tennessee.
When did Dustin Colquitt pursue his football career?
- Talking about his sports journey, Dustin began his football career from his school days. Also, he played for coach Phillip Fulmer’s Tennessee Volunteers football team from 2001 to 2004.
- As a junior in 2003, he was recognized as a first-team All-Southeastern Conference (SEC) selection, and a consensus first-team All-American. As a senior in 2004, he again earned first-team All-SEC honors.
- Later, The Kansas City Chiefs selected him in the third round of the 2005 NFL Draft. He then signed a three-year contract worth $1.345 million.
- During the 2007 NFL season, he set the franchise record for the longest punt with an 81-yard punt. On February 28th, 2008, He was signed to a five-year contract extension worth $8.5 million.
- He had career highs during the 2009 NFL season in both punts and punting yards with 96 and 4,361, respectively. In 2010, he was voted as
- the winner of the Ed Block Courage Award.
- From 2005 to 2012, He had 657 career punts with a 44.7-yard average. He was named to his first Pro Bowl in 2012. On March 5th, 2013, He signed a five-year contract extension worth $18.75 million, with $8.9 million guaranteed, making him the NFL’s highest-paid punter.
- In 2016, He was named to his second Pro Bowl after fellow punter Pat McAfee declined to play due to an injury. During the 2017 NFL season, he became the Chiefs all-time leader in both punts and punting yards passing Jerrel Wilson.
- On March 15th, 2018, He signed a three-year contract extension with the Chiefs. During the 2019 season, He played in and won his first Super Bowl after the Chiefs defeated the San Francisco 49ers 31-20.
- He was released on April 28th, 2020. In his fifteen seasons with the Chiefs, he set multiple team records including being tied for the longest-tenured player in franchise history.
Source: [email protected]
Who is Dustin Colquitt’s wife?
Dustin Colquitt is married to Christia Colquitt in 2005. The couple shares five children: Brinkley, Colston, Hartley, Kinsler, and Cannon. Their children’s names seem very unusual, but the duo has put a lot of thought into each moniker. Presently, the pair live blissfully and there is no rumors of separation or divorce.
What is Dustin Colquitt’s net worth?
Dustin Colquitt earns a decent amount of money and salary from his profession in the field of the sports industry. As per the online sites, he has reported $20 million as of 2020. As per his recent contract in 2020, He will earn a base salary of $1,950,000 and a workout bonus of $50,000 while carrying a cap hit of $2,650,000 and a dead cap value of $650,000.
What is Dustin Colquitt’s height?
Dustin Colquitt has a height of 6 feet 3 inches and he weighs around 95 Kg. His eyes are blue and his hair color is dark brown. Further, he has an athletic body but his body measurement is still under review. Whenever we will be updated, we will get back soon.